UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I think they will definitely find her today or tomorrow..

“Searchers found a couple of things of “evidentiary value” near the girl’s home that police say indicate she’s likely nearby. The search grid is relatively small, just a couple blocks surrounding the family home”

FBI joins search for missing 5-year-old girl in Logan

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I would guess that he has had issues since he already had a record at age 20.
    I wonder if, since drugs were involved, he was required to go to rehab and he didn't. Either way, failing a drug test would be enough to violate his probation. Then not showing up or at least not contacting the parole officer would be a violation.
    Have they said yet what the reason was? I know they had a warrant but I'm wondering if he did something other than not show up or use drugs.
    Imo

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

She must be nearby. How far could he have taken her on foot? Unless he got a ride but I doubt it. I hope they find her soon. Imo

4. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

AFAIK this guy will not get out. He was picked up for evading parole. No way he will get bail. MOO.

5. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

I wondered if there were any other pictures of Lizzi.

Attached Files:

6. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

Parole or probation? Either one, he shouldn't be able to be released without a revocation hearing.

7. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Right, the lack of a vehicle hindered him, as well as approaching daylight. He needed rid of her before sunrise.
    Imo, he had only a couple of hours. If mom knows the child was okay @2a.m., I would assume he didn’t immediately leave, he needed to be sure everyone was sleeping, so maybe around 3 he left? Jmo
    Sunrise at 6 something, or at least daylight?

8. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

He may have a pack of papers on him & the arresting officer amped up charges.

9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

(KUTV) — Logan City Police announced the arrest of Alexander William Whipple, 21, for absconding from probation on Sunday.

Whipple is the "main suspect" in the case of missing 5-year-old Elizabeth "Lizzie" Shelley. He was booked into the Cache County Jail just after midnight Sunday morning on a failure-to-appear (FTA) warrant with a $25,000 bond.
    [...]

He is a convicted felon who was sentenced to prison after engaging in a police pursuit in a stolen truck while intoxicated, Sept. 17, 2017.

His prison sentence was suspended and he was placed on probation for 5 years. The FTA warrant was issued on April 29, 2019, for his failure to comply with probation.

Uncle of missing girl booked into jail on warrant; 'main suspect' in girl's disappearance

ETA: nowhere in MSM is it reported he was arrested for drugs or paraphernalia

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I had a link to his warrants but now n/a since they have him. Should have SS them.
    Imo, they will find her today & uncle will have some big boy charges added to his rap sheet.

11. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

FBI child exploitation task force,does this mean there could be some truth to the speculation that he handed her over to someone?

12. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

DaUmmmm

How do they cut the water off of canals?

13. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

It's possible she woke up in the morning and got dressed - which is why mom isn't sure of the clothes she was wearing. Then uncle took her outside. My guess it was early enough in the morning that he was reasonably sure his sister and boyfriend would be sleeping for awhile. I think if he took her outside while it was still dark, she would be scared and cry.

Just had a thought - could be have harmed her while still in the house and then had to hide the body (as opposed to leaving with a live child)?

jmo

14. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

15. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Most of them have 'locks' which help control the water flow. I think these are maybe irrigation ditches and can be turned on or off by the landowners.

roche.analisa, Amonet, TRB and 8 others like this.
  16. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

17. kgreg2529

kgreg2529 Well-Known Member

He won’t be held until an arraignment on a felony probation violation that a judge signed off a warrant on? My LEO is confused because that’s how we do it in Louisiana.

This is so upsetting. :(

18. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

19. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I really hope they don't have to let him go. Nothing good will come from that.

20. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.