UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I only see 5/25 2pm
    & 12:36am (today)

I guess it’s not refreshing for me. Ty

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

So far we have learned he has a history of using alcohol and marijuana, so I'm guessing the paraphernalia charge is related to that. Imo

3. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

But the term "Dangerous Weapon" is used which is intentionally vague and broad so as to encompass a variety of implements that could be weapons. I looked up Utah code and that term does not include chemicals such as pepper spray or poisons.

By the term Dangerous Weapons, I believe this means he did not have a firearm as they would have charged him with the higher charge of a felon in possession of a firearm.

So I'm thinking knife, or even brass knuckles. It could also have been a bat, or a crowbar, nunchucks, a chain, even. I think a knife would make the most sense

4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Wonder if he had a destination or was walking to be walking, maybe hoping to hitchhike once he reached the main road. Thankfully they got him before someone made the mistake of picking him up. I’m sure he had little if any money. Jmo

5. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

Exactly pot does not create junkie monsters.

6. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

A couple more hours of daylight. I was confident they’d find her today. They sure searched a good chunk of real estate.

7. KentuckyMama

KentuckyMama Well-Known Member

If the dangerous weapon was a knife and it has her blood on it, that could be a reason they switched from rescue to recovery so early. His pictures disturb me. My heart hurts for this tiny little girl when I think of what has likely been done to her by someone who was supposed to love her and protect her.

8. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

some say its a gateway drug. Moo
    All I'm saying is he is a monster who likes to smoke weed. I'm not saying that weed made him kill. Moo

9. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

10. kiaatcher

kiaatcher Well-Known Member

Are there still volunteer searches going on, or were they all called off?
    I'm surprised she hasn't been found yet. I know that the search area is fairly big, but you'd think with K9s and evidence for smell it would be somewhat quick.

11. kiaatcher

kiaatcher Well-Known Member

Edit: It repeated my comment, ignore.

roche.analisa likes this.
  12. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

When I worked with drug court, we had plenty of folk
    in major trouble from laced weed.
    But, everyone is different. I’m guessing if he was out visiting at 2am he was cranked up on something,
    Especially considering his following 22hrs. (Until booking at 12:36am)

13. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I think if he was on a dirt road near Paradise, he was likely looking to just hideout for a while. Maybe near the Little Bear River to the west. There is really nowhere to go in that direction. It's not like he was heading out to hitchhike or disappear into a larger city going that route.

Pretty chilly weather to be out in the elements. Maybe 60 during the days but 40 's at night with several storms coming in.

Someone upthread had said he stopped attending his job at the JSB Meat plant in Hyrum about 4 months ago. I wonder if he was hanging around with people who were more familiar with that southern area.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter10/76-10-S501.html

(6) 76-10-306.
    (a) "Dangerous weapon" means:
    (i) a firearm; or
    (ii) an object that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.
    (b) The following factors are used in determining whether any object, other than a firearm, is a dangerous weapon:
    (i) the location and circumstances in which the object was used or possessed;
    (ii) the primary purpose for which the object was made;
    (iii) the character of the wound, if any, produced by the object's unlawful use;
    (iv) the manner in which the object was unlawfully used;
    (v) whether the manner in which the object is used or possessed constitutes a potential imminent threat to public safety; and
    (vi) the lawful purposes for which the object may be used.
    (c) "Dangerous weapon" does not include an explosive, chemical, or incendiary device as defined by Section

15. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Is there MSM or info from LE to indicate that the POI/suspect is involved in drugs? If so, please link it. If not, then please stop discussing drug use until we know whether or not it factors in.

Thanks.

16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

ETA link
    Utah police hunt for missing 5-year-old girl; uncle named 'main suspect'

Police said Whipple had a criminal history and a drug problem, according to Fox 13.

17. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

And recreational Marijuana without a prescription is not legal in Utah.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he only used alcohol and marijuana. Those are the only two he tested positive for at the time of both of his arrests. He was on probation for a year before he obsconded, so he had to have come up clean every week for at least a year.
    So maybe it's possible that he relapsed, or experienced symptoms related to a mental health disorder, or a combination of the two. Imo

20. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.