UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

That's great ... members on their toes, for sure :)

2. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

He should contact LEO, and let them know any information about this situation. Unfortunately, I also know some people in Logan, who may know this guy...I am sure LEO has already spoken to them.

3. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I share mutual friends with the family as well. Unnerving.

4. JustJes

JustJes Active Member

I’m very familiar with that area, and I think meth is a problem everywhere because it’s fairly cheap. Also, I-80 through Utah is a major route for moving drugs, especially marijuana from California at harvest time. I haven’t seen any links to the suspect of substances harder than marijuana and alcohol. I definitely could have missed it since I don’t sleuth SM. If people were assuming meth because LE said he has a drug problem, then it would be helpful to know Utah would take marijuana use seriously.
    Just to be clear, drug use or not, there is no excuse for hurting a child.

5. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Excellent thought. I bet he knew every alley/side street, he’s had enough LE run-ins to prefer the “backroad”, imo.
    Even when he had his board, he might have walked the tracks.

6. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I’m sure his family had many concerns that he was escalating in his criminal behavior. As we all know, until someone does something, there’s little that can be done, sadly.

7. J@cknsal1y

J@cknsal1y Well-Known Member

The Herald Journal
    The herald journal post an article about Elizabeth. Interesting comments from ANK imo.

8. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

Ugh, I have read probably only 2/3rd s of this thread because I am out of the country right now and I hate to post or respond until I have had a chance to read everyone posts etcs. Given that..the Uncle looks like, and sounds like, a total creeper, as well as a very viable suspect/poi based on images, social media and fellow member posts. I hate to be judgmental but at the end of the day what we know about Uncle and when the little girl went missing and other circumstances I would def. consider him a viable suspect as to her disappearance. What a sad shame, another little one gone, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not see a happy outcome to this missing case but I pray I am humbled and found to be wrong.

9. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

If he was going south of Route 101 in Hyram, he really wasn't going anywhere to a main road, at least not by the fastest routes out of the area. He was certainly south of Route 101 when LE found him, and the only ways from the area he appears to have been apprehended in would be long hard walks in pretty exposed areas to the annonymity of the interstate.

Maybe get some friend to pick him up and drive him out of the area. But this is a guy who doesn't have a cell phone. Unusual, even for a homeless unemployed doper

The main roads out of the Cache County area would be 165 N out through Logan, or the routes leading to Interstate -15.

We don't really know what kind of familiarity he had outside of the Cache County area, nor his inclination to travel as a penniless guy who was the BOLO target. It kinda makes sense that he would head to a quiet, out of the way place like Paradise to think he could lay low there.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

@Herat I don’t think he’ll ever be in “Paradise” again.
    Levity aside, hard to guess his intention yesterday, he may not had a plan, just moving to move, unsure of what to do.

11. Sunryse

Sunryse New Member

12. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Based on the incident and where evidence may be found, along with his possible route to where he was apprehended, I think she is likely within about a mile of the house. Maybe even closer. Likely closer, IMHO

I don't think he likely carried her very far. 40 (or so) pounds is a lot of weight to be carting around at 3 am if you don't have a car and you left your skateboard behind.

13. J@cknsal1y

J@cknsal1y Well-Known Member

KSL5 TV post
    “Search and rescue crews searched Hyrum Reservoir and are now checking out Hyrum gas station where missing 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley’s uncle, Alex Whipple, was last seen on camera.”

ETA: screenshot of post with photo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Well this is dif, from your link:

Elizabeth Shelley who was last seen with her 21-year-old uncle, Alex Whipple Logan City Utah.

15. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

EXACTLY

This isn't a highly organized criminal nor a highly organized crime.

He can't get it together to have a phone, or even a beater car. He even leaves his only means of "transportation" behind. It's all day-to-day, hour-to-hour for him. He just heads in the direction of where he feels he might be unobserved.

16. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

That's what I thought too. But it seems that they searched very long and hard, focusing on the mile surrounding the home. And nothing yet. :(

17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Glad they have him on camera at a gas station.
    So he was found appx 2mi from here?

18. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I’ve been following along but haven’t read everything yet. I am heartbroken over this story. As unlikely as it is, I pray this sweet little girl is found safe.

If this isn’t allowed, Mods please delete. But I’m wondering if there is any chance he could have traded her for a drug debt or sold her into trafficking? He went to that home with a purpose that night.

Seenit, Razz, Noharg and 7 others like this.
  19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

At some point during his trek thru CC, he was seen by motorists or occupants of houses he passed. I would hope police received a lot of calls from people seeing him. Such info could really help establish a timeline imo.

20. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

If you had serious reservations about someone, even a family member. I don't think you are going to allow them to stay the night at your house. You offer them a ride or a hotel room.

roche.analisa, Seenit, abr and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.