UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

And cadaver dogs would have alerted and that car would be impounded. I am pretty sure the dogs sniffed out the car and forensics teams searched that car already. JMO

2. katydid23

Snap. Great minds think alike...;)

3. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I don’t think he made it to the tracks with her.
    I’m guessing he’s not had a lot of experience with a dead body & was pretty tripped out, most eager to part with his victim. Moo

4. kiaatcher

kiaatcher Well-Known Member

Here's the overview by LE, will be more in depth and accurate than what we have posted here:
    Logan City Police Department
    Also, if you live in the area, remember to support these companies and groups who have donated food to LE:
    Maverick, Angie’s, Sam’s Club, Smith’s Marketplace, the Friends of the Cache Children’s Justice Center, Lee’s Market, Zollinger’s Fruit and Tree Farm, Pepsi Bottling Group, Macey’s and Nibley Utah LDS Stake.​

5. Anyasolo87

Anyasolo87 Active Member

I live in the area. We've been experiencing heavy rains lately. I worry that the rains will make it more difficult for her to be found.

Has anyone heard if there will be a 3PM press conference?

6. kiaatcher

Check posts from last hour. I'd love to see him in a room with Alex, he'd be done in no time.

Subiechik21, MrsM, SugarQueen and 5 others like this.
  7. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

He might be implying that someone else in the house harmed her or caused her death. Maybe AW was just “cleaning up” for someone else?

Has there been any evidence of sexual assault, or is that just the conclusion everyone has jumped to?

Just thinking outside the box.

8. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

Deleted by me.

MassGuy likes this.
  9. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yeah. There’s no innocent explanation for the circumstances involving Alex here.

Likewise, there’s only one suspect.

10. kiaatcher

It will be interesting to see what comes of the investigation by the end of the week. LE knows a lot more than we do, who knows what they've found.

11. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

Are there storm drains near the house?

12. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

it can take a very long time for even partial rigor to set in-hours for a child. Child's weight and internal temperature (of the room) plays a part in that.

There's information out there to back that up, but from personal experience I can say that my kid didn't start showing signs of rigor, even partial rigor, until he'd been dead for almost 4 hours. Up until then his body was pliable. Rigor didn't set in until we entered the hospital and had a chance in room temperature. Even then it took a while. Picking him up, moving him around the room to do CPR, carrying him more than 100 yards...none of these things were hindered by stiffness or anything else. In fact, we started seeing discoloration of the skin, caused by lividity, before the muscles began to stiffen.

13. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Not really, because it never rains that much there.

14. katydid23

Maybe she wasn't in contact with the bio-dad because she wasn't sure if he was the one who snatched her. I think they are estranged and she has somehow kept him from his daughter, allegedly. So maybe she wondered if he took her?

He said that he 'knows what it's like for his girl to be taken in the night' -or something like that. So it sounds like his girlfriend left one night with his daughter, with no warning?

15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Kind of an odd friendship he had with Alex, there’s a considerable age difference, I think.

16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I’ll be stunned if Elizabeth isn’t found soon, at which point I’d expect murder charges to follow in short order.

This guy was on foot, and it’s not easy to carry a 40 pound girl a significant distance.

I’m surprised she hasn’t been found yet, but I doubt it will take much longer.

17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I understood the Sheriff to say to the media that next update will be at 3pm by email -- unless breaking news occurs first. MOO

18. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Depending very much on the COD, it can take anywhere from 30mins-2 hours for cadaverine to be expelled from the deceased body and I’m guessing then even longer to detect if the body had been wrapped up in plastic..
    If he transported her quickly the dogs may not alert to the truck if he had access to the keys
    MOO!

19. Hte2w8

Hte2w8 Verified Law Enforcement Officer

I do believe the forensic evidence obtained via a warrant includes bodily fluid exchange, and that is partially how they determined that the suspect was with the victim inside and outside the house.
    You can draw whatever conclusions you want at this point, but there are few reasons for a warrant to search a suspects person other than biological evidence.

20. wary

wary Well-Known Member

RSBM

I’d even hope that people would learn that from personal experience in everyday life, looking for the car keys. The places you’ve already looked may well be where you find something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.