UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

There are those that are blasting these searchers for bringing hope where there is none. I disagree. I am so glad they are trying! I am so glad they are bringing attention back to her case. She deserves to be found.
I’m glad they’re keeping attention on it too. Someone might just stumble upon her remains and keeping her name out there may cause a person, who would normally just ignore the bones, to call in to LE.

Who would have an issue with this? A Powell or two perhaps?

Whether anyone is skeptical or not, those men are risking their lives trying to find her. They may not be her bones at all, but if they clear that mine,
they know where she isn't.

Something that struck me in a video they made (on youtube)... Dave Sparks said that there was a bush/tree near the mine with blue berries.
Charlie said his mom was by the blue berries.

12 years is a long time to be missing. She was precious to everyone who knew her. She deserves the effort.

Last night, there was a 20/20 program on her and Josh. I hadn't intended to watch, but there was some new information, most interesting was the search by the Sparks brothers team. Have they confirmed that the bones or jeans were Susan's yet? Did they notify LE??

Last night, there was a 20/20 program on her and Josh. I hadn't intended to watch, but there was some new information, most interesting was the search by the Sparks brothers team. Have they confirmed that the bones or jeans were Susan's yet? Did they notify LE??

The bones have been sent in for forensic evaluation. No word yet.

Has there been any comments from LE on the remains found in a mine shaft? It's my understanding they may have found Susan Cox Powell.

Has there been any comments from LE on the remains found in a mine shaft? It's my understanding they may have found Susan Cox Powell.

They sent the remains off for forensic testing. Still waiting.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-cox-powell-sent-to-forensics-lab-for-testing

SALT LAKE CITY — Findings from a mine search in the west desert of Utah have been sent to a lab in Salt Lake City to determine if anything found is evidence of where Susan Cox Powell was left.

What ? Wait …. Really ? OMG I do so hope that she’s been found so that her parents family and friends can lay her to rest finally with her precious boys x

This is a genuine question and not a gloat in any way
But why does it take so long in the USA for DNA results to come back ?
I know that you are a much bigger country with around 360 million as opposed to our 72 million approx population but ergo you have the parallel facilities to numbers as the U.K. does surely?
Yes if it’s an item that isn’t from a high profile triple murder and suicide case , then it will not be a priority sample for DNA analysis in the U.K. and could take a couple of months for the turnaround from standard submission to results but in this case , as the SIO , I would deem it to be urgent and priority and consequently pay the priority charge for a 24 hour turnaround result
I don’t understand - is it that you don’t have sufficient facilities or is it a policy Decision by your lead LE with regards to non authorisation of priority submissions due to the cost ? Or is it your policy to only fast track DNA if a person is still alive and their life is in extreme danger?

This is a genuine question and not a gloat in any way
But why does it take so long in the USA for DNA results to come back ?
I know that you are a much bigger country with around 360 million as opposed to our 72 million approx population but ergo you have the parallel facilities to numbers as the U.K. does surely?
Yes if it’s an item that isn’t from a high profile triple murder and suicide case , then it will not be a priority sample for DNA analysis in the U.K. and could take a couple of months for the turnaround from standard submission to results but in this case , as the SIO , I would deem it to be urgent and priority and consequently pay the priority charge for a 24 hour turnaround result
I don’t understand - is it that you don’t have sufficient facilities or is it a policy Decision by your lead LE with regards to non authorisation of priority submissions due to the cost ? Or is it your policy to only fast track DNA if a person is still alive and their life is in extreme danger?
I am not an expert but I believe there is a huge backlog. So, while we are a larger country, we do not have the appropriate number of DNA testing facilities for our population. There are private facilities that do the testing on a subcontract basis for law enforcement, but based upon the condition of the remains the extraction process can be lengthy. And of course, there are also cost considerations. Finally I think there are different kinds of testing based upon each individual case.

I am not an expert but I believe there is a huge backlog. So, while we are a larger country, we do not have the appropriate number of DNA testing facilities for our population. There are private facilities that do the testing on a subcontract basis for law enforcement, but based upon the condition of the remains the extraction process can be lengthy. And of course, there are also cost considerations. Finally I think there are different kinds of testing based upon each individual case.
I'm pretty sure that Chuck Cox would be willing to cover the cost if asked. He just won a huge settlement, so the cost shouldn't be an issue.

There are those that are blasting these searchers for bringing hope where there is none. I disagree. I am so glad they are trying! I am so glad they are bringing attention back to her case. She deserves to be found.
Well since a pair of jeans was found with the vertebrae, it's clear to me that even if it's not Susan, they've found some murder victim. So some family is going to get closure. In my eyes, the Sparks brothers are heroes for doing this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back