UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

Because Steve C Powell was the respondant, Terrica Powell, Josh's mother, is the one who filed for a dissolution of the marriage.

Because all of the following documents were filed on the same day, Terrica Powell is the party who filed for the restraining order:

Superior Court Case Summary
Court: Spokane Superior
Case Number: 92-3-02909-8
Sub Docket Date Docket Code Docket Description Misc Info
1 10-27-1992 SMPTDS Summons & Pet For Dissolution
2 10-27-1992 FNST Financial Statement
3 10-27-1992 DCLR Declaration Re Parent Plan--5 Children
4 10-27-1992 PPP Proposed Parenting Plan
5 10-27-1992 AFPT Affidavit Of Petitioner Re Show Cause
6 10-27-1992 RSTOSC Restraining Ord & Ord To Show Cause

Get your copy of the Terrica Powell vs. Steve C. Powell divorce docket (a detailed list of every document filed, etc.) here: joshpowellbankruptcy@gmail.com

Thanks again! This documentation I've read is new to me so I'm still learning to interpret it all. I'm just not seeing were it was she who filed (not saying I don't believe you) and like I said, learning how to read and understand. I so wish I could have completed my paralegal studies. :(

Thanks. I appreciate your suggestion to go back and read all the threads. I have been reading as much as possible while still trying to contribute to the discussion. I realize it can be a little annoying when someone comes along who hasn't been on the thread since the beginning (I know this firsthand from the Lindsey Baum and Elizabeth Olten threads) - however, you just never know if discussing something for the 100th time might bring new light, new questions, or new theories to the discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

That is true. It never hurts to go over info. Something new might just come to light , when it is talked about again.

Thanks again! This documentation I've read is new to me so I'm still learning to interpret it all. I'm just not seeing were it was she who filed (not saying I don't believe you) and like I said, learning how to read and understand. I so wish I could have completed my paralegal studies. :(

It shows here she is the petitioner and he is the respondent:

Attachments

• 92-3-02909-8.JPG
    92-3-02909-8.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 15

Click here: http://dw.courts.wa.gov/
Click on "Find a person"
Type: Steven Powell (do not put in the initial C)
Scroll down to until you find: Powell, Steven C, Respondent *Currently number 98 on the list

Is the snow gone yet in the area he was supposed to be camping in?

Because Steve C Powell was the respondant, Terrica Powell, Josh's mother, is the one who filed for a dissolution of the marriage.

Because all of the following documents were filed on the same day, Terrica Powell is the party who filed for the restraining order:

Superior Court Case Summary
Court: Spokane Superior
Case Number: 92-3-02909-8
Sub Docket Date Docket Code Docket Description Misc Info
1 10-27-1992 SMPTDS Summons & Pet For Dissolution
2 10-27-1992 FNST Financial Statement
3 10-27-1992 DCLR Declaration Re Parent Plan--5 Children
4 10-27-1992 PPP Proposed Parenting Plan
5 10-27-1992 AFPT Affidavit Of Petitioner Re Show Cause
6 10-27-1992 RSTOSC Restraining Ord & Ord To Show Cause

Get your copy of the Terrica Powell vs. Steve C. Powell divorce docket (a detailed list of every document filed, etc.) here: joshpowellbankruptcy@gmail.com

I just want to make clear something about the restraining order. We usually think of them with regards to physical abuse, but they can be used for other purposes as well.

It is common, and maybe even usual, for the petitioner in a divorce to file a restraining order at the beginning. It asks the court to order the couples from refraining to incur new joint debts (such as running up a credit card with the idea both will pay half) selling or spoiling assets (such as purposely destroying a car or house or selling off items that belong to the absent party), and so on. It can also include language that prevents the other partner from coming onto the property for a set period of time. It DOES NOT NECESSARILY mean anybody was being physically abused.

Although, in this case, I wouldn't be surprised. But that sort of restraining order usually comes BEFORE a petition for divorce is filed, in a separate court under separate circumstances. Wouldn't be surprised to hear there were other restraining orders filed for physical abuse over the years--if she had the courage.

I also wondered if he drove the rental car to the place he claimed to have been camping, in order to place evidence to support his claim of being there. What kind of car did he rent? Was it something that would be able to drive those snowy roads better than his van?

I think it is interesting that Officer Powell has also recently retired. I do not remember where I saw it, but someone had found a webpage showing him in a posed photo with a couple other men and it said he was retiring from the police force.

I think it was in Jan or Feb. Interesting timing.

I think it is interesting that Officer Powell has also recently retired. I do not remember where I saw it, but someone had found a webpage showing him in a posed photo with a couple other men and it said he was retiring from the police force.

I think it was in Jan or Feb. Interesting timing.

Fall 2008 Department of Public Policy and Administration, Boise State University

Ralph Powell (2000) is Professor of Criminology at the University of Phoenix, Idaho Campus. He continues as Operations Commander over the Forensic Labs for the Idaho State Police. http://ppa.boisestate.edu/publications/_PAreport/v-alumni.html

Fall 2008 Department of Public Policy and Administration, Boise State University

Ralph Powell (2000) is Professor of Criminology at the University of Phoenix, Idaho Campus. He continues as Operations Commander over the Forensic Labs for the Idaho State Police. http://ppa.boisestate.edu/publications/_PAreport/v-alumni.html
If Unca Ralph instilled a lifelong curiosity in Joshy as a young boy, the kid sure had a strange way of showing it. I would bet a professional doesn't share as much of what he knows as a kid thinks, either. I totally think the odds are against POI and he will get caught.

Josh has a close relative who is commander of the evidence labs in the state that borders Utah? And in terms of how long Josh could have been gone, that state is within driving range of where he and Susan lived.

Has anyone who knows confirmed yet if Ralph Powell is Josh's uncle (or related in any way)? Or is this still speculation?

Josh has a close relative who is commander of the evidence labs in the state that borders Utah? And in terms of how long Josh could have been gone, that state is within driving range of where he and Susan lived.
We do NOT know if Commander Ralph Powell is related to Steve Powell. However, they look an awful lot alike!​

SteveSeattleSkyline.jpg

Josh Powell's father, Steve C. Powell, aka Steve Chantrey

pic_rpowell.jpg
Major Ralph Powell: Forensic Services Commander
http://www.isp.idaho.gov/forensic/index.html

Interesting, I just listened to the notorious 6 minute interview again and noticed something. At around 1:40 Josh says that he found out "they were looking for Susan" when he and the boys "got home." He then quickly corrects himself to say he actually found out "on the way home." It's very subtle, but to me it almost supports the strip club stuff. His neighbors claim he couldn't have been at a strip club when they called because he was "on his way home." But in the video, Josh slips and says he already was home when he found out Susan was missing! By "home" he probably just meant "home from camping" or back in the Salt Lake Valley. Does anyone else hear his slip up?

ETA: To whomever asked about the snow melting - here in Utah, it's been snowing all day. Spring can't come soon enough!

Interesting, I just listened to the notorious 6 minute interview again and noticed something. At around 1:40 Josh says that he found out "they were looking for Susan" when he and the boys "got home." He then quickly corrects himself to say he actually found out "on the way home." It's very subtle, but to me it almost supports the strip club stuff. His neighbors claim he couldn't have been at a strip club when they called because he was "on his way home." But in the video, Josh slips and says he already was home when he found out Susan was missing! By "home" he probably just meant "home from camping" or back in the Salt Lake Valley. Does anyone else hear his slip up?

ETA: To whomever asked about the snow melting - here in Utah, it's been snowing all day. Spring can't come soon enough!

I don't think this supports his having been at the strip club.

1. Strip club witnesses do disagree, some think it was Josh, some don't think it was Josh.

2. Strip club witnesses said that they confiscated his cell phone for awhile because he was trying to take photos, which they do not permit. If they had his phone, how would he be speaking with Jovanna and Jennifer when they called him?

3. Strip club witnesses don't mentioned rude customer speaking on his cell phone at all while he was in their club. They described other actions, but no one mentioned the rude guy speaking on his cell phone.

4. Jovanna and Jennifer both called and spoke with Josh during the time, the rude customer was at the strip bar. Neither of them heard any back ground noise. (Strip clubs are VERY LOUD), he would not be able to control the background noise while speaking with either of them.

5. The police say they were at his house when he arrived, and he did not smell of alcohol when they interviewed him.

I don't think this supports his having been at the strip club.

1. Strip club witnesses do disagree, some think it was Josh, some don't think it was Josh.

2. Strip club witnesses said that they confiscated his cell phone for awhile because he was trying to take photos, which they do not permit. If they had his phone, how would he be speaking with Jovanna and Jennifer when they called him?

3. Strip club witnesses don't mentioned rude customer speaking on his cell phone at all while he was in their club. They described other actions, but no one mentioned the rude guy speaking on his cell phone.

4. Jovanna and Jennifer both called and spoke with Josh during the time, the rude customer was at the strip bar. Neither of them heard any back ground noise. (Strip clubs are VERY LOUD), he would not be able to control the background noise while speaking with either of them.

5. The police say they were at his house when he arrived, and he did not smell of alcohol when they interviewed him.

If Josh had the boys with him, he would have been going outside to check on them, one would think. He could have answered the phone during that time.

People were constantly trying to call Josh all day. Yet, he only spoke to two people.

We don't know when the cell phone was taken. It could have been just before he was ready to leave.

If Josh only stayed 1 1/2 hours and arrived at 2:00, he would have left at 3:30.

If Josh arrived home 2 hours after he was told Susan was missing, that call could have been answered as he was leaving the bar at approximately 3:30.

Josh didn't arrive home until between 5:00 and 6:00 PM.

If Josh arrived at 2:00 and stayed until 2:30, that would have given him three hours to "sober up" if he arrived home at 5:30.

Josh may have had gum or breath mints with him to disguise the odor of alcohol on his breath.

What time exactly did Josh speak to these two women?

If Josh had the boys with him, he would have been going outside to check on them, one would think. He could have answered the phone during that time.

People were constantly trying to call Josh all day. Yet, he only spoke to two people.

We don't know when the cell phone was taken. It could have been just before he was ready to leave.

If Josh only stayed 1 1/2 hours and arrived at 2:00, he would have left at 3:30.

If Josh arrived home 2 hours after he was told Susan was missing, that call could have been answered as he was leaving the bar at approximately 3:30.

Josh didn't arrive home until between 5:00 and 6:00 PM.

If Josh arrived at 2:00 and stayed until 2:30, that would have given him three hours to "sober up" if he arrived home at 5:30.

Josh may have had gum or breath mints with him to disguise the odor of alcohol on his breath.

What time exactly did Josh speak to these two women?

Yeah...I'm still having trouble with the strip bar idea. Seems like if he was going outside to check on the kids that would be very noticeable to others in the bar, yet no one mentioned that, did they?

I really don't think gum or mints would hide the smell, but then again my nose is pretty sensitive. I know someone whose nose doesn't seem to work as well as mine when it comes to smelling, though. I'm just saying mints wouldn't work for me...

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...Dec-14-a-week-after-Susan-Powell-went-missing

"Finally, at 4:48 p.m. Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, received a call from Josh. When she realized Susan was not with Josh, she informed him Susan was missing. While Josh said he was in town it took him nearly an hour to get home." ....

"Witnesses claim they saw Josh at the bar from about 2:30 p.m. to approximately 5 p.m. that afternoon."

...............................................................statements are from the above article.

It has been stated in several different articles that Jovanna had called and spoken with Josh. The times hasn't been consistent, I've seen it stated it was 3pm and I've seen it stated at 4 pm.

Whether Jovanna called at 3 or 4 pm - either time would place Josh inside the bar (if indeed he was the guy). Jennifer's call would also have been during the time some witnesses claim that Josh was in the bar.

Yeah...I'm still having trouble with the strip bar idea. Seems like if he was going outside to check on the kids that would be very noticeable to others in the bar, yet no one mentioned that, did they?

I really don't think gum or mints would hide the smell, but then again my nose is pretty sensitive. I know someone whose nose doesn't seem to work as well as mine when it comes to smelling, though. I'm just saying mints wouldn't work for me...

................................................I think it would definitely be noticeable to others in the bar if he kept stepping in and out, since they said everyone applauded when he left.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...Dec-14-a-week-after-Susan-Powell-went-missing

"Finally, at 4:48 p.m. Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, received a call from Josh. When she realized Susan was not with Josh, she informed him Susan was missing. While Josh said he was in town it took him nearly an hour to get home." ....

"Witnesses claim they saw Josh at the bar from about 2:30 p.m. to approximately 5 p.m. that afternoon."

...............................................................statements are from the above article.

It has been stated in several different articles that Jovanna had called and spoken with Josh. The times hasn't been consistent, I've seen it stated it was 3pm and I've seen it stated at 4 pm.

Whether Jovanna called at 3 or 4 pm - either time would place Josh inside the bar (if indeed he was the guy). Jennifer's call would also have been during the time some witnesses claim that Josh was in the bar.
:waitasec:
There is that rumor about him being in town in the morning. Is there any chance he has a friend who he is so comfortable being with, that he feels like he's at home there, and thus the slip?

Also, if they took his phone because he was trying to take photos, wouldn't it be likely it'd be ringing while they had it, if it was him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back