Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Utah teacher accidentally shoots toilet and herself, in school

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Sep 12, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A teacher in Utah has been injured after accidentally shooting a toilet and herself in her school. She was carrying the weapon legally, under a concealed gun permit. At first it was thought she'd tried to shoot herself on purpose.

'Michelle Ferguson-Montgomery, who teaches sixth grade at Westbrook Elementary School in Taylorsville, Utah, was in good condition on Thursday after she was hit by stray bullet and toilet fragments during the incident, according to a spokesperson for the Granite School District, the Associated Press reports.'

I'm wondering if she kept it tucked inside her pants or something?

http://time.com/3330691/teacher-toilet-gun/

2. Loading...

3. Oblio

Oblio Member

I bet it was a glock. I've heard and read stories about how they have such a soft trigger...

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Have you strayed off the Oscar Pistorius thread? :)

5. Leader6518

Leader6518 Member

Thank goodness she didn't kill someone. This is exactly what scares me about everyone packing. Their is no schooling that can teach common sense.

6. Oblio

Oblio Member

LOL, I've never posted on that thread. Some program on public radio did an episode devoted to glocks, no mention of Oscar Pistorius. I'll see if I can find it.

7. Oblio

Oblio Member

I think this is the piece I heard;

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/26/glock_as_giffords_exits_a_look

8. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Yep, idiotic!!! Hopefully she/they will rethink the policy of letting teachers pack CCW.

9. Oblio

Oblio Member

This. Because honestly, I know there is a risk with mass shootings, but I just don't want my kids' teachers carrying guns. I'm an anomaly, because I am pro gun control, I have no problem with my kids handling and shooting guns(they do.) but I just don't want them to be exposed to the other side of guns. To them a gun, like a bow and arrow, is a tool used to hunt.

10. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I really don't understand the need for teachers to carry. If the school has that much of a problem, they should hire security.