GUILTY VA - 4 Die in Gas Station Explosion, Rockbridge County, 10 May 2019 *arrest*

curious to know what happened

curious to know what happened

Unknown at this time. MOO it started in the building.

I'm not sure if they had a grill for food, if so may be gas related.

Its odd ....treated as a criminal matter.... from the start. They must have information not being released.

Just a bit north of me. They first said that they only had one set of remains, then they found out two more. I even get the impression that they are looking at it being something more than an accident. One of the articles talked about (2 gas or two 2 oil ) tanks being outside the building on the right if you look towards the right side of the station. From what I have heard the owner was very nice and would do anything for you. The building itself was a pretty old building

Just a bit north of me. They first said that they only had one set of remains, then they found out two more. I even get the impression that they are looking at it being something more than an accident. One of the articles talked about (2 gas or two 2 oil ) tanks being outside the building on the right if you look towards the right side of the station. From what I have heard the owner was very nice and would do anything for you. The building itself was a pretty old building

It appears from the video, the building was the origin of fire. The tanks seem intact, they are double lined.

Haven't heard any updates....

Graveside service held for members of Roberts family killed in South River Market explosion

The cause of the fire at the South River Market in Rockbridge County is still unknown. There was a graveside service at Green Hill Cemetery for owner Roger Roberts, his son, Kevin Roberts, and his granddaughter, Samantha Roberts Lewis. They were all inside, along with daily customer Paul Ruley, when the explosion happened May 10. People braved the heat to support the family at the service. Rev. Mike Fauber said they were all respected and loved by everyone who knew them and three weeks ago, part of their communit was lost when they died.

Community raises more than $10,000 for victims of South River Market explosion

“We felt that there was a need for these families also for the community , and we just felt that we're led to be one another's keepers and to bear others burdens," Wade said. "We wanted to do something not only to help these families heal, but also to help the community heal and also help the families in a financial way."

Everything from the food to the silent auction items were donated, so every penny raised goes straight to the families. Organizers said they raised more than $10,000.

Man indicted for fatal 2019 explosion in Rockbridge County

A grand jury in Rockbridge County has indicted a man on four counts of involuntary manslaughter for the deaths caused by an explosion at the South River Market in May 2019.

Phillip Ray Westmoreland, 51, is accused in connection with the explosion that killed the owner, Roger Lee Roberts, two employees, Kevin Tate Roberts and Samantha Gail Lewis, and a patron, Paul Dewayne Ruley.

an explosion at South River Market on May 10, 2019 killed four people, including the owner of the market, Roger Lee Roberts; two employees, Kevin Tate Roberts and Samantha Gail Lewis; and a patron, Paul Dewayne Ruley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back