VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow this girl is 17!!!! some of the things she has on her twitter are whoa....good gracious, honestly 17!! I must be getting too old and prudish. Yep after seeing that and the fact that she has 11k followers, I am betting one of these 11k could not resist trying to know her better in the real world...........have her parents not seen this??

Yes. Pretty racy stuff IMO anyway.

I'm wondering if Alexis had a BFF who would know if she had been receiving some unwanted attention recently, or if she had been feeling uncomfortable about a particular person.

Although my guess is that LE is questioning and eliminating RSOs from suspicion, it's possible that whoever is responsible for Alexis's disappearance has not yet come under LE scrutiny. IMO, one of the 11k may think that she is sending him messages of love and interest in her tweets, and he's gone to some lengths to find her and lure her in. Or he may have just staked out her home and waited for an opportunity to present itself. Pure speculation on my part.

I hope that a BFF will turn up with helpful information, or that LE will discover clues as they analyze the Liberty gas station surveillance tape, and will soon return Alexis to the family that loves and misses her.

This is a small community. If there is a perp, my money is on a local 20-something with a meth problem.

Very disturbing; at least 1K *one thousand in cash* in one twitter photo...wonder if she is hooking or has a history at all. Anyone care to check? She is beautiful; she should be on top model, yet here she is now missing. Very Sad. Just observing the twitter feed to me; looks like maybe she has a pimp, this is just my opinion. The page does lean towards that line of work any way. that is just my opinion; and she could of gotten herself into a world of hurt. I hope that hasn't occurred.

Could she have gone on a road/party trip as a last "Hurrah!" Before her Senior year starts?

:dunno:

why does "human trafficking" creep into my head after reading about this case? such a gorgeous girl...

Very disturbing; at least 1K *one thousand in cash* in one twitter photo...wonder if she is hooking or has a history at all. Anyone care to check? She is beautiful; she should be on top model, yet here she is now missing. Very Sad. Just observing the twitter feed to me; looks like maybe she has a pimp, this is just my opinion. The page does lean towards that line of work any way. that is just my opinion; and she could of gotten herself into a world of hurt. I hope that hasn't occurred.

I can't even access the video for some reason. My guess is that she withdrew a large sum of money from her bank account to purchase something like a car and decided it would be really cool to flash the money like she is some sort of gangster.

Mays said weather is playing a major role in the resources investigators are using to find Alexis Murphy.

The ground team is still in place for the search, but Mays says both helicopters are grounded right now because of weather.

On Tuesday morning investigators gathered inside the Tye River Elementary School gym. The school is being used as a command post for law enforcement. Investigators have covered up the windows at the command post.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/nel...en/-/20128466/21340392/-/7f2birz/-/index.html

so disturbing maybe someone abducted her from the mall; has anyone said anything about the camera's at the mall, was her car ever there did she make it there...did she purchase anything ...etc etc. Just no info being released. Even about her car.

the fbi command center with covered windows.. wow they are keeping it all on the DL.. reminds me of the command center in the Jessica Ridgeway case :eek:

my thoughts on the twitter: reminds me of the sierra LaMar case: teens do tweet stuff like what I saw her tweeting but I hope they have some leads. I hope they can ping her cell phone.

I am praying for a positive resolution. "That sort of thing" (whatever it may be) doesn't happen around here. I know that's false. Everything can happen anywhere. But, this "Bible belt", rural country. Lynchburg is a progressive college town, with heavy influence of Liberty University (Falwells).

I know there are drugs and crime everywhere - but this is not downtown "Detroit" - or fill in the blank of any other troubled city.

After I posted that, then I thought of Morgan Harrington..... not that far away. There are SO many missing from Virginia....

I am praying for a positive resolution. "That sort of thing" (whatever it may be) doesn't happen around here. I know that's false. Everything can happen anywhere. But, this "Bible belt", rural country. Lynchburg is a progressive college town, with heavy influence of Liberty University (Falwells).

I know there are drugs and crime everywhere - but this is not downtown "Detroit" - or fill in the blank of any other troubled city.

It's too soon to say what happened to Alexis. But I doubt this is the kind of thing which predominantly takes place in troubled urban areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member