VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate Bliss is across the street from a Best Buy (where all local teens go), a very centralized location, and just a few yards behind a KFC. It's not hidden, by any means, and has been there for years. Plus, there's a bus stop right on the road where you can see the store as you wait for the bus. You also see it as you pull onto the highway, so everyone who's been through town and certainly everyone who frequents Charlottesville knows about it. The store is easy to see because it's slightly up on a hill. Now that I think if it, I guess the store could be a draw for teens looking for such "things," especially without a credit card or the ability to buy things online without parents snooping. I can't imagine what on earth LE has stumbled upon to take their focus there.

If these shops cannot identify the man I hope they will give it to the media.

Ultimate Bliss is across the street from a Best Buy (where all local teens go), a very centralized location, and just a few yards behind a KFC. It's not hidden, by any means, and has been there for years. Plus, there's a bus stop right right on the road where you can see the store as you wait for the bus. You also see it as you pull onto the highway, so everyone who's been through town, and certainly everyone who frequents Charlottesville knows about it. Now that I think if it, I guess the store could be a draw for teens looking for such "things," especially without a credit card or the ability to buy things online without parents snooping. I can't imagine what on earth LE has stumbled upon to take their focus there.

Is this up by where her car was found? Either way with there being a bus stop there hmm

Angus Road is getting awfully close to where Morgan Harrington disappeared.

Your post made me pause for a second to wonder if maybe the "picture of the man" who might be connected to Alexis's disappearance that LE showed to these businesses is actually the sketch of the suspect in Morgan's case.

Most likely not, but the thought entered my mind.

The body found this morning in Occoquan has been id'd as Crew missing from Alexandria, husband arrested. They also found a missing woman from St Marys, MD. Now we need to find Alexis.

I don't think so. If she communicated with this cat at all electronically or via social media, he would more than likely be in custody by now. I don't think Alexis would go to this store to tell you the truth. She probably didn't even know it existed.

To the part bolded by me - I could not agree more. I doubt Alexis communicated electronically with whoever took her for the same reasons.

Is this up by where her car was found? Either way with there being a bus stop there hmm

I wouldn't say so. Ultimate Bliss is closer to Charlottesville town proper, a dime-sized town to begin with, but it's just up the street from Barracks Road, (a major shopping center in small-town terms) and a person could walk it from Ultimate Bliss to University of Virginia, which is about 2-3 miles in from Barracks Road, if they had to. The Carmike is on the same road, 29 Business, but it's as you're heading out of town. I don't know miles wise, but it's one of those light-to-light strips you see in Southern suburbia, maybe 6-7 miles down the road. The Carmike tends to be desolate because the businesses that where there have moved closer in, only the mega marts are out that way like Sams and such. The Carmike is kinda dead because there's a new IMAX in town and the ACAC is dead because they have a fancy new downtown location. Just to give you a picture. The trend in Charlottesville seems to be second hand stores taking over buildings that were left by major corporations, so it doesn't surprise me that there's a thrift store out that way.

This store is directly off of Rt 29/Business. A ways away from where her car was found, BUT right across from one of the exits one could get off of Rt 29 N to head to her job or where her car was found.

We're not allowed to sleuth random people if they're not suspects or pois.

Gemini- I think that since those guys haven't been named as persons of interest or suspects, we can't link to their Facebooks or post their names. (you may want to ask a mod for sure or edit your post)

ETA: Tonto, Great minds think (and post) alike!

But surely LE could not have checked out everyone she communicated with online already? Could be someone who she had not communicated with recently, or had stopped replying to. Her number of followers just astounds me. Maybe it is all unrelated but I will be shocked, if so.

Since I keep seeing Route 29 on here....

The "Route 29 Stalker" who was active in the 1990s is surely long gone or inactive, right? (I'm uncertain...maybe he was even found and arrested?)

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Route_29_Stalker

At the time Morgan Harrington disappeared, the stalker had not been apprehended. There was quite a bit of debate as to whether he had gone inactive or whether various unsolved crimes could be laid at his door. I'm sorry but I don't remember the details or where they came from; it wasn't an aspect of Morgan's case that I paid a lot of attention to.

Never paid much attention to the 29 stalker stories. I turned them off in my mind because they took place when I was in my early 20s, and while I wasn't a partier or social butterfly, I did my fair share of roaming around in the country mountains solo, working different jobs, crazy hours and I didn't want to live my life in fear, so I just refused to think about it. I will say, maybe jokingly, maybe not, there's just one 29 stalker?

August 10, 2013

The song 'Gone Missing' by Jamaal Williams or J-Willz was released this week and now has more than 6,000 views on YouTube.

The song talks not only about the search for Alexis Murphy but also for Dashad Smith, who was last seen in November, and for Faye Tinsley, whose murder remains unsolved.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...port-for-Alexis-Murphy-Family--219138321.html

Williams says the song will be available on iTunes tomorrow and says he will create a fund from the profits to give to the person who steps forward and tells authorities where Alexis is.

video can be found here: http://http://youtu.be/1ZyLKxBaeMY

(Hello all! Hate to be joining under these circumstances, but glad to see so many here trying to help with a case in my home state! Thank you.)

FBI confirms to @NBC29 agents are showing #Cville biz employees pics of ppl seen in close proximity to #AlexisMurphy on surveillance video

It appears it is multiple people they are trying to id and not just any one person.

I'm afraid this is not going to end well. Hope I'm wrong.

I anticipate an arrest soon.

JMO

Sorry to say. :(

So, I guess they have surveillance of her in the store. Oh boy. Although, they have to have gotten that information from someone just recently, because it doesn't seem like they knew this yesterday.

So, I guess they have surveillance of her in the store. Oh boy. Although, they have to have gotten that information from someone just recently, because it doesn't seem like they knew this yesterday.
BBM: I don't think so. I think they are showing the store clerks pictures of people who were near Alexis in the Liberty station photos, hoping somebody saw one of them the same day Alexis went missing. I also think that any store would turn over their surveillance footage just on the off chance that some matching person shows up in it. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe