VA VA - Allyson Dalton, 2 months, Strasburg, 27 July 1998 *mother murdered, stabbed to death*

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by los2188, Oct 25, 2013.

1. California Sunset

California Sunset Well-Known Member

You may not be aware of several things. Just because you can't find something online does not mean it never existed. You'd possibly have to contact someone at a newspaper to see if they had anything printed.
    There was a lawsuit awhile back, and a person was claiming oh, either posted items she authored or something printed in a book, newspaper or magazine. She objected to the use of her 'intellectual property', and she filed a lawsuit and she won. I guess it set some kind of precedent and all these other people were then objecting to the use of their stuff. As a result, information previously available online is gone. I won't name her unless someone gives me grief, this is information on a particular lawsuit. If I am specific, I'll have to do a search and it's after 5 am and I never should have turned my computer on a couple hours ago. Sorry. Do you want more detail and names?

2. Uzannesay

Uzannesay New Member

Hi, I live only a mile away from where the crime took place. I’ve read a bunch of articles on it but I plan to check out the local library and see if there is anything else. I’ve thought about filing a FOIA but, in Virginia, it seems to be really expensive. The police seem to have completely ruled out the boyfriend due to his assistance in investigating the crime. I wonder if it was someone like a nurse or another female Sylena may have met that wanted to steal the baby for themselves. It’s not uncommon for that to happen. Her mother has moved just north of here because she can’t stand to live near the murder and abduction anymore. It’s just very sad. Virginia state police consider it open so even with an FOIA they will only send stuff that won’t hinder the investigation.

sammyed, mks762, j_in_c and 1 other person like this.
  3. Uzannesay

Uzannesay New Member

Hi, I live only a mile away from where the crime took place. I’ve read a bunch of articles on it but I plan to check out the local library and see if there is anything else. I’ve thought about filing a FOIA but, in Virginia, it seems to be really expensive. The police seem to have completely ruled out the boyfriend due to his assistance in investigating the crime. I wonder if it was someone like a nurse or another female Sylena may have met that wanted to steal the baby for themselves. It’s not uncommon for that to happen. Her mother has moved just north of here because she can’t stand to live near the murder and abduction anymore. It’s just very sad. Virginia state police consider it open so even with an FOIA they will only send stuff that won’t hinder the investigation.

4. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

Welcome to Websleuths!

5. Uzannesay

Uzannesay New Member

Thank you for welcoming me to the community! Sorry for the duplicate post. It was loading weird and I guess I hit it twice.

As for the Dalton case, when you were saying something about a person suing someone for using their “work.” Were you saying a reporter did that? I’m sorry I read back and I didn’t follow exactly what was happening in the thread.

6. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you are referring to "using their work."

7. Uzannesay

Uzannesay New Member

Sorry, since I’m so new to this I was looking at the wrong comment. The comment was made by “California Sunset.”
    She objected to the use of her 'intellectual property', and she filed a lawsuit and she won. I guess it set some kind of precedent and all these other people were then objecting to the use of their stuff. ”
    I’ll direct my question to them. Sorry for all the newbie mistakes.

j_in_c and TedMac like this.
  8. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

TedMac and sammyed like this.
  9. Uzannesay

Uzannesay New Member

Hey all, the VSP and Strasburg police have just made an announcement that they are "awaiting results from new, advanced DNA testing utilized as part of the still ongoing criminal investigation." I wonder what that means? Does this mean they found her alive? Or they found a hit for possibly the murderer/abductor? Maybe they have actually found Allyson!

Attached Files:

mks762 likes this.