VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a newbie sleuther (longer lurker) I am not as confident in providing helpful contributions however I am going to go out on a limb with this one since it’s been bugging me for a while. Like others, I am hung up on WH's motive should he be the one directly responsible for AJ's death. I want to address the "sexual homicide" theory and why the evidence of such theory presented here, is crossed off my list. I was sexually abused for years by a step family member (not a father, but somewhat very close) beginning at the age of 12 and stopped right about the same age as AJ. There was so much secrecy and shamefulness surrounding my situation that this family member and I would go to great lengths to not draw any attention to ourselves. In other words, there would not be any pictures or displays of affection towards each other, especially around friends and family. I was told I needed to keep quiet, and because of the family dynamics, amongst other things, I tried very hard to steer clear of any action that could be construed to be that of affectionate behavior between us. Now I know that there have been several examples used as evidentiary of a sexual motive behind WH's actions, including pictures and a quite upsetting picture posted here. However, based on strictly my experience (and experiences shared with me by others similar to mine, along my journey) I cannot buy into the theory of an inappropriate sexual relationship, with the amount of blatantly affectionate pictures between WH & AJ. They are posing at sporting events dressed alike, and hugging each other on several occasions in several photos, posted in public forums on SM. It may seem that all this should indicate an inappropriate sexual relationship between step father and daughter, but again in my experience and others similar to mine, more often you will find little indication or evidence of such wrong doing, especially within the family abuse arena. I previously stated this tonight, I believe WH is Narcissistic, he is driven by outward appearances, and this includes the appearance of a happy, hardworking family, and picture perfect father/daughter relationship. I should say that I do believe WH’s behavior towards AJ was inappropriate in several ways, but I am not convinced it was sexual or acted out in a sexual manner. Ok that’s all I got, I am actually a little nervous to post this given the fact I have never addressed my personal situation publically. This is all of course my opinion and my opinion only.

I am so sorry this happened to you. :( I wanted to add that while there are, without a doubt, similar behavior patterns for these perps of sexual crimes, they each can still vary drastically. Sadly, my sis-in-law's EX-hubby sexually abused all 4 of their children (makes me see red still) and he was the picture perfect loving, doting father. Tons of pics, always with his kids, etc. Makes me sick to even visualize his face in my mind.

And NO BOND. Anyone know if I'm over thinking the no bond thing? Is it normal for someone with WHs charges to be held without bond? I thought even some people charged with murder got bond even if it was very high. Maybe it's down to his past record but it seems a bit off if he is in fact merely a grieving father.

Last thing then I gotta get to work...being that WH is a convicted Felon, the ammo charge is an automatic NO BOND in VA.

A few days ago, we discussed how WH might be connected to this house. Here are some thoughts I had a few days ago, and posted...just to refresh my memory.

1. Work
2. Friends
3. Family
4. Previous owners

That's all I could come up with. But I do think it's pretty obvious that this was not a random choice.

ETA: Please no one suggest the S Construction . That is a dead end. Trust me.

FWIW, I can definitely see his connection to the home being as simple as a place he has taken note of when passing by for work. I'd imagine that since he is a handyman of sorts, dilapidated homes might catch his eye as remodeling projects.

Perhaps it's not the house, but the road. He has broken into homes in his life, he notices times people come and go and he notices abandoned homes.

Perhaps it's just a road be travels a lot and his sister knows this. Along with other things said, alarm bells finally went off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this could be true. Also, there may be a friend/family connection in the vicinity but not directly to this address.

Yeah, and on the news, the pa$tor made it sound like they had to wait 24 hours to report AJ missing, when in reality, they waited 36 hours. You know, because their google was broken and they "didn't know what to do."

This REALLY pissed me off. They chose to wait!!!! Not LE! They have twisted everything about this case to make it seem as its not.. Poor AJ if this was the mess of folks she was dealing with in real life. She was so close to being able to live her own life and be her own person. Can't get over this case!

Exactly what I was thinking as I read posts about other suspects. I didn't think about evidence under fingernails (though that is entirely possible!), but about AJ's athletic abilities and abilities to react physically.

I think it would take someone considerably stronger than her to harm her to the point where there is no obvious indication of where the struggle took place. Someone overcame her, and I don't think just anyone of any stature could do that.

It's also possible that she was impaired at the time of her attack.

I find that to be sorta silly. There would be so many alerts that you would not be able to make heads or tails of them.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Given the number of teen runaways such an app would flood my phone or SM 24/7. Imagine the false alarms. Not only would it become white noise to me I'd probably end up deleting it.

I couldn't agree more that his sister losing faith is huge; however, what I don't understand is why she chose to tell the media. Tell LE, absolutely! But, telling the media that you no longer have faith in your brother's innocence....I don't understand the purpose. She just likes the attention? She's trying to make herself look good to the public (and really, why worry about this)? Why give this interview?

Some traits run in the family.. and this family seems to thrive on drama and attention hence the constant overshadowing of JH and even AJ IMO! Or maybe she just feels so horrified she felt compelled to get the truth out there. I hope it's the latter but who knows.

It's been stated by a few posters already so I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record but in my opinion I think she knows the connection to the area. I lean towards him knowing empty homes from working in the area. If he's out there frequently he knows. I'm an observer just because I'm nosey and I'll notice entry houses all the time. (I mostly daydream about living in them lol we still rent) so I can imagine somebody always aware of potential stash spots. He may have friends in the area who know as well. It just takes a phone call to a friend who often turns a blind eye: "I need a good place to go shooting." Or "I need a stash spot" or anything along those lines. Sister must have just known. If her own son is so close to Wes she probably knows him well too.. IMOOO

It's also possible that she was impaired at the time of her attack.

I think she probably was -- and also just caught off guard. Assuming AJ knew who harmed her, she may have had a more relaxed physical stance (like back turned or only half paying attention) which makes it easier for a total to make a move. Ugh.

What relation is nephbro to the cousin that came forward with the text messages?

I am 10 pages behind in this thread. I started following this case from thread 1 and read every single post right up to the time AJ's remains were found. Then we got flooded with posters, and now I can't follow at all. I'm not a mod, and I'm not telling anyone how or what to post, but when there are 10 pages of posts about what AJ's legal name is...or pages of discussion about a blogger...etc. etc., it makes me want to pull my hair out. It takes time to scroll and roll too, folks.

Just saying.

Word Mountain_Kat. I enjoy your posts.
I had to stay away most of last night and come back now to catch up.
When people start telling me that everyone has dodgy pasts as if WH's is normal, it's time for me to check out cause that's the makings of nightmares lol.

Also, I IMPLORE everyone, don't give that "person" more clicks. PLEASE. I hate when vile negative people get hits for mere shock value. I learned who she was on here, looked
at her once and NEVER went back. I REFUSE. She has nothing of value to say. Her "credentials" are worth a giggle.

On another note to Zach...Hang in there. I thought a lot last night and JH reminds me an awful lot of my own mother. She never kept us away from our Dad because they are still married but she would very often
decide to cut close family and friends out of her life without ever speaking to them again. I have a whole side of my family I barely know because of this. When I was younger I went along with it because I loved her
and then when I started to question it and try to stay in contact with anyone and she found out, she acted as if it was the ultimate betrayal and world war III would erupt. Got to the point that it was just easier to
keep the peace at home by going along.
Once I hit my late teens and early 20's I saw what was going on a lot more clear.

I'm having a real hard time coming up with sympathy for certain people in this case. If you lost one child you think you would become even more protective of the remaining children, I'm not sure that is happening.
And this whole alert system is a mess. Who has a felon raising funds? Who does that???

We never learned anything definitive about the argument, but it was Brenchen who seemed to think that was a likely scenario (not sure if she had inside info or just a hunch).

She claimed the information came from Grandma B.

This REALLY pissed me off. They chose to wait!!!! Not LE! They have twisted everything about this case to make it seem as its not.. Poor AJ if this was the mess of folks she was dealing with in real life. She was so close to being able to live her own life and be her own person. Can't get over this case!

A thousand times thanks! THAT is why I don't understand how their 'cause' relates to AJ, at all! They could have bought a stock photo to use on their marketing for all the relevance she has.

racking my brain...but she left the house( March 2) at 4:30 am, thought that was the time of the video LE showed WH, but he said it wasn't her? Oh, I may be confused! I thought the video made sense if she left the house at 4:30, walked on the opposite side of the street, crossed over from Dunkin Donuts - you would see her from the back which is what the video supposedly showed, but no video from 7-11, so she could have walked behind Walgreen's , heading to "Hotel"? ....so many options, JMO

We have never had a confirmed time of the video that LE supposedly showed WH.

Is there a time requirement that a person must wait before filing a missing persons report? I ask this question because I remember on another thread here on Websleuths (Erin Corwin) in California, that there was quite a discussion about this as her husband felt he had to wait 24 hours before reporting her missing and many people had came up with references that showed there is currently no time requirement before you can file a missing person report. It was said, more or less, that this was a myth and that is no longer a requirement. I tried to find something per Google search regarding this but was not successful. Thoughts anyone?

No and maybe. In Virginia there's no waiting period for people under 21 or seniors over 60. There's a grey area for missing persons between the ages of 21 and 60 but there's no specific code that says there's a waiting period so for those people it may be at the discretion of LE and dependent on the circumstances.

Va. Code definitions:
– Va. Code§52-32 defines a “missing child” as:
• Any person who is under the age of 21 years, whose temporary or permanent residence is in
Virginia, or is believed to be in Virginia, whose whereabouts are unknown to any parent,
guardian, legal custodian or other person standing in loco parentis of the child, and who has
been reported as missing to a law-enforcement agency within the Commonwealth.

– Va. Code§52-34.4 defines a “missing senior adult” as:
• An adult whose whereabouts are unknown and who is over 60 years of age and suffers a
cognitive impairment to the extent that he is unable to provide care to himself without
assistance from a caregiver, including a diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease or dementia, and whose
disappearance poses a credible threat as determined by a law-enforcement agency to the health
and safety of the adult and under such other circumstances as deemed appropriate by the
Virginia State Police.

• The Code of Virginia is silent on missing persons
between 21 to 60 years of age.

There is NO waiting period for law enforcement to
accept a report for a missing child or senior adult.
– Va. Code §§ 15.2-1718 and 15.2-1718.1.

http://vscc.virginia.gov/Missing Persons_FINAL.pdf

OT, but I can't resist showing photos of Travis Alexander's family, friends and trial jurors at a party after the LWOP sentence for Jodi Arias. This family has endured and sacrificed so much since 2008 with such class. They never asked for $$$ but if anyone sent them anything, a personal thank you note was sent by a family member! Gracious in the midst of their suffering! What a novel idea.

These photos make me so happy for them!

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Travi...-able-to-smile/c1oiw/552df5e10cf2d211fed4a7c5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire