VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And,how was she going to get back in the house after getting the money?

Sorry I am bit behind on reading the forums. Sorry if this comment has already been made. She probably had her own house key and just not one to the truck that he dropped off for her to use.

This is not rocket science. If you reference a news article or a Tweet, or a FB post, you MUST, MUST, MUST include a LINK. MUST!

But wait...what if the FB or Twitter belongs to an individual, a person who's neither a suspect nor a victim nor a MSM reporter?? Oops! What to do? What to do??

Nothing!

You can't link to it.

And, NO link, NO post.

Easy as pie.

I'm not exactly 100% sure if the "driving with purpose" kids and smoky porch neighbor are the same person. I could have read it wrong, but I was thinking that was 2 different people. Let me go back and re-read it.

I'm pretty certain that there were two different sightings. We have the neighbor that we've known since the beginning, and then during the interview he also revealed that a second person came forward later - the kid that waved to her. Two different people. :)

Thanks!! So that would be before Thursday.

>>The fact is that this person found half of her credit card – the bottom half, the part with her name on it. This was Thursday. Thursday afternoon the first week she was missing, I don’t know the dates I just know it was the first week that she was missing on Thursday. I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home. But I was working and they called and said “so and so” found part of a credit card with her name. I didn’t ask questions at the time, rushed home whatever, the next day I organized a search party to search from my driveway up the road like you would be driving out of the neighborhood. That’s the only logical thing I can think do to. Now understand this, in that search party the searchers found three or four more pieces of the credit card after the evidence was found. I didn’t find anything. At all. It was searchers that found it I just happened to have the drive, the will to find out answers and we found more parts of the credit card. -WH link>>

Trying hard not to get my dates messed up again but...

In WH's interview he says the bank card was found on the Thursday. In fact he's very insistent that it was the Thursday the card was found. Yes?

Thursday was the 5th.

This article was posted at 10:23 pm on March 4th. How could they have reported on the 4th that the card was already found if it didn't happen until the 5th the way WH claims?

AJ’s friend found her credit card laying on the street one block from her home, according to Mrs. Hadsell. She said the credit card was sliced in half. “For me, it’s just the first thing that relates to her that I know for a fact that is hers …. I know that a broken credit card on the street means nothing, but I know that she doesn’t have it on her,” Mrs. Hadsell said.

That's what I was thinking . How long was the drive from his work to the service station ?. Her drive from home to the service station ? . So many more questions then I had before that apparently intended to clear up in the interview

Wouldn't the gas station be close by because if they parted ways at the gas station at 12:45pm and then the neighbor spotted her leaving the neighborhood sometime after one o'clock that means that she went back to the house and then left again at that one o'clock period. Then that is when she comes back that this neighbor sees her again around 2 pm. So this neighbor most have been outside a lot that day smoking. Seems she did a lot of back and forth around that time frame.

Sorry I am bit behind on reading the forums. Sorry if this comment has already been made. She probably had her own house key and just not one to the truck that he dropped off for her to use.

That is possible. Why do you think he makes a point of saying he left just the red truck key for the ignition and not the house key, if you had to take a guess? It sounds odd. Do trucks have two keys an ignition key and another key? He came there to drop off the truck, so how did he get back to his own truck? Was somebody with him, to drive him back to his truck or does he live someplace else close by, walking distance where he may have had both parked before he brought her truck?

Okay I think I can answer my own question due to msm articles "updating" and adding more info without indicating which part of the article was updated. Grr... I hate when they do that. Interestingly enough though, there's still this...

During a search last Thursday, AJ's father says he found some broken pieces of her credit card less than a mile from their home. But still no sign of AJ.
"We worked our way up to 7-Eleven on the normal path that we would leave on and they found three more additional pieces of the credit card, which doesn't say a whole lot. But does it?" asked Hadsell.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/

But... in that interview he claims it was a "friend" of AJ's that found it first, on Thursday, and he wasn't even there. He was out of town at work, that wasn't out of town, but an hour away, not at his home, his Norfolk residence. He says it was the NEXT day he organized the search and the 3 more pieces were found by searchers, and he didn't find anything.

Hmm...

>>Thursday afternoon the first week she was missing, I don’t know the dates I just know it was the first week that she was missing on Thursday. I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home. But I was working and they called and said “so and so” found part of a credit card with her name. I didn’t ask questions at the time, rushed home whatever, the next day I organized a search party to search from my driveway up the road like you would be driving out of the neighborhood. --WH link>>

Rhetorical questions...where is this? Has a search been conducted at this "out-of-town, not out-of-town", not "Norfolk home" place an hour away?

I know his interview was extremely hard to follow, but when I read all this, out of town, not out of town, not Norfolk home at my residence...I take it to mean that he was working OUT OF TOWN, AWAY FROM HIS HOME IN NORFOLK. I really don't think he meant at a different residence. I think he and JH are still living in their home, together. However, as a heating/ac worker, he may stay overnight out of town due to his job. This is my take on that part of his ... uh... "statement".

ETA: I agree with FindHG that the whole point of all that rigamarole was to distance himself from the find/search.

Trying hard not to get my dates messed up again but...

In WH's interview he says the bank card was found on the Thursday. In fact he's very insistent that it was the Thursday the card was found. Yes?

Thursday was the 5th.

This article was posted at 10:23 pm on March 4th. How could they have reported on the 4th that the card was already found if it didn't happen until the 5th the way WH claims?

Parts of the card were found on two different days, according to him in the most recent interview. The search on Thursday occurred while he was away at work, if I'm reading it correctly, his brother was there to record it.

See what you can make of it. I'm still confused. luckyseven's transcript
Mountain_Kat's timeline from the interview

"I got back around 1:15, 1:20pm – fact. Boss reamed me. Okay? Now, this is something the media public does not know: About, I wanna say, and I can’t really speak a whole lot about this [unintelligible] fact, I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.” Those are his words, not our words. He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly. Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red drunk back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public - a minute or minute and a half later he recognized a white small compact car following her. Did not know this. Bottom line is my neighbor reported at 2:03 [unintelligible] 2 o’clock– he smokes, he doesn’t smoke in the house, he smokes on the porch –"

then later

"and lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house"

Clear as mud, eh?

What did Smokey struggle with exactly? Whether or not AJ was "driving with purpose", or whether or not to report the sighting?

Moving right along...how could Smokey have come out (assuming this means gone to LE)later than he should have, if he didn't even know she was missing.

And further more, I'm sorry, but in what world does a parent give an 18 year old $100 spending money one week, and $200.00 spending money the next week, and NOT ask what the hell is up with that? Think even the best kids can't get mixed up in drugs...let me assure you from personal experience...they can. So, why were no questions asked? How does WH, as a parent, know for a fact that AJ didn't get that money from him, go straight over to Smokey's and OD in his livingroom? Not saying that's what happened....not at all...but that's a scenario that makes perfect sense in many respects, isn't it? Why is WH so ready to believe, or have us believe, so many other wild scenarios, when he himself doesn't even seem concerned enough to ask what this kid needs $200 for in such a hurry? But then, hey...maybe he knew what she needed it for after all and prefers to keep that under his hat...so as not to impede the investigation.

See what you can make of it. I'm still confused.
luckyseven's transcript

Mountain_Kat's timeline from the interview

"I got back around 1:15, 1:20pm – fact. Boss reamed me. Okay? Now, this is something the media public does not know: About, I wanna say, and I can’t really speak a whole lot about this [unintelligible] fact, I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.” Those are his words, not our words. He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly. Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red drunk back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public - a minute or minute and a half later he recognized a white small compact car following her. Did not know this. Bottom line is my neighbor reported at 2:03 [unintelligible] 2 o’clock– he smokes, he doesn’t smoke in the house, he smokes on the porch –"

then later

"and lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house"

It sure looks to me like he's saying Smoky Porch Kid who they all love because they wave to him, was the one who saw AJ after 1pm departing, then at 2pm he sees her pass by again, driving with a purpose and not herself, driving the red truck back toward the house. It's hard to tell though if he's saying it was the SAME person who described her jacket though, because he just says "that someone recognized".

Okay I think I can answer my own question due to msm articles "updating" and adding more info without indicating which part of the article was updated. Grr... I hate when they do that. Interestingly enough though, there's still this...

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/

But... in that interview he claims it was a "friend" of AJ's that found it first, on Thursday, and he wasn't even there. He was out of town at work, that wasn't out of town, but an hour away, not at his home, his Norfolk residence. He says it was the NEXT day he organized the search and the 3 more pieces were found by searchers, and he didn't find anything.

Hmm...

Being an hour away in this area is not unusual. We have 7 major cities. Large cities. I am approximately 15 minutes from AJ's residence and about 20 minutes from the NC border. Entering into NC is pretty rural. It is pretty common for residents to use companies located in Va. Williamsburg and further out would put you an hour away as well. Not sure anyone really posed a question but thought I would clarify.

I guess what I would like to know is, truck drop off early am, Gas Station meet up 12-12:10.
What about in between? Based on my own personal experience people in a certain line of work are sometimes on a job alone. If they are at my house for 5 minutes or an hour I am billed for an HOUR!! Jobs that I was told could take 3 hours became a quick 30 minute fix. Am I missing where that time frame has been accounted for? Yes, you got back to a job at 1:15 and bossed reemed you, but was he at the job site or told?

At this point, I'm not at all interested in any time line, OR eyewitness account, that LE doesn't sign off on...because I think there is ALOT of lying going around.

LOL! And here I thought mine was an isolated case. Whew!

What's a little car in the house? LOL. A house near me was recently driven through. Not at all funny but no one was hurt. They spray painted the part of the house covered in plywood with the message WHO NEEDS A BYPASS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A DRIVE THRU (A commentary on a proposed new road) and on the untouched half...MISSED ME. Thanks to God my kiddos never drove through our garage doors but I must admit having to get the truck buffed out because I brushed the surround backing out.

Back on topic....I don't know what to think. We have so little info...all coming from family and very fluid in what are facts. I have a 19 y.o. and this scares me.

If any of my kids or newer stepkids....all "adults" ask for money (and they do) they are asked what for and why. If it is I need to pay the electric bill then I would pay the electric bill. (Here we can pay by phone or online). If it is I just need 20 bucks for some gas I would transfer the money. (with my kids I can transfer money to their bank account as we all bank at the same credit union).
If the request was for 200 bucks there would be a conversation about where money is going, what are you doing with pt job money, college grant money etc.

I have never been so confused by a case in my life. :scared: :gaah: :tantrum:

In my personal experience, people who have told such a convoluted story are trying to get out of trouble (our kids :facepalm: ). :moo:

I have never been so confused by a case in my life. :scared: :gaah: :tantrum:

In my personal experience, people who have told such a convoluted story are trying to get out of trouble (our kids :facepalm: ). :moo:

And that is normally a little kid trying to get out of it. My one child was the best storyteller...he was soooo believable. But as an adult....I don't understand. I hope it turns out that the suspicions are wrong.

The whole cash thing seems odd. In my house if our teen needs money we transfer money to her debit (credit) card so we can track what she's really spending it on. And, it's a whole lot easier than going to a bank. I might shell out $30 or $40 bucks but never $200. We rarely have cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288