Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem ~60, 245UFVA, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2 - Joyce Meyer Sommers

Could she be Cora Andersen? Sorry if she is already mentioned.
Cora Andersen – The Charley Project

cora_andersen_1.jpg

Missing from Alaska since 1979. She was born in 12/20/1927 and would have been 69 in 1996, her birthday coming up in two days (Jane Doe was found on the 18th) 5'0 like Jane Doe, red hair, wearing glasses. I couldn't find a genealogy trace (yet). I wanted to check if Cora had given birth (C-section on Jane Doe) If somebody else has more luck, let us please know.

This are other pictures of this woman...please tell me I'm hallucinating. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Original

This are other pictures of this woman...please tell me I'm hallucinating. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Original
Interesting.....
She would have been 68 in 1996, and I always thought our Christmas Tree Lady was older than the est. of 60 years old. The height and weight align.
Missing from AK and ending up in VA is curious, but hey, people are very mobile even in 1996. I'd send this in for consideration. Ya never know...

Amateur opinion and speculation

Wow, yeah. She looks very, very similar. And I wonder what the Alaska circumstances were? Was she a local? Or was she perhaps on vacation and decided to bail (or leave someone) and go back home? Who reported her missing?

It was super easy just to hop on a plane back then and, as we all know, much easier to "disappear." It's 72.3 miles (1 hour, 19 min) from the Eureka Lodge to the Moose Creek Campground (where her car was found). And the airport in Anchorage is only an hour away from the campground.

What really baffles me is the penicillin tag.

Based on her reaction to the medicine, would it have not been a lot easier to have taken large amounts of penicillin, as opposed to going through the trouble of wrapping her head in a bag, drinking alcohol, and taking Valium?

I am not saying I think someone else killed her, I am just trying to understand her mindset.

Based on her reaction to the medicine, would it have not been a lot easier to have taken large amounts of penicillin, as opposed to going through the trouble of wrapping her head in a bag, drinking alcohol, and taking Valium?

I am not saying I think someone else killed her, I am just trying to understand her mindset.

How would she get her hands on penicillin?

?
Ws thread..
MA - MA - Dr. Margaret 'Peg' Kilcoyne, 50, Nantucket, 26 Jan 1980
The Doe Network: Case File 2906DFMA
MKilcoyne.jpg

Margaret M Kilcoyne
''White female. Red, shoulder-length, shaggy hair and blue eyes''

''Dr. Margaret Kilcoyne, a cardiologist, was last seen on January 26, 1980 at her secluded vacation home in Nantucket.
Kilcoyne, a physician and Columbia University researcher and a native of Worcester''
Margaret "Peg" Mary Kilcoyne

Race White
Sex Female
Location Nantucket, Massachusetts
Disappeared January 26, 1980
Missing for 40 years
Height 5' 0"
Weight 140 pounds
Classification Suspected accident /
Suspected suicide

Maybe she had Valium on hand, as opposed to making the effort to get penicillin? How would you get penicillin? Wouldn’t the doctor want to look at your infected toe, or whatever? Or worse, might insist on prescribing something he thinks is better.

Maybe she had Valium on hand, as opposed to making the effort to get penicillin? How would you get penicillin? Wouldn’t the doctor want to look at your infected toe, or whatever? Or worse, might insist on prescribing something he thinks is better.

Would it really be that difficult to snatch a bottle of penicillin from a friend? Family member?

Or not even steal it, but take it from the house you live in with someone else who was prescribed it?

How do you think people get loads of oxy, adderall, and other drugs they shouldn’t have? This was also 1996, so probably way less regulation and tracking.

Would it really be that difficult to snatch a bottle of penicillin from a friend? Family member?

Or not even steal it, but take it from the house you live in with someone else who was prescribed it?

How do you think people get loads of oxy, adderall, and other drugs they shouldn’t have? This was also 1996, so probably way less regulation and tracking.

Yes, if you had friends or family members that you saw on a regular basis, and they were prescribed penicillin. Or if your roommate was prescribed penicillin.

Personally, I think if she had friends and family that she saw on a regular basis, of a roommate, we wouldn’t be wondering who she was, 24 years later.

And if I had to find some penicillin, I wouldn’t know where to start. Visit everyone I know, and make an excuse to use their bathroom, rather than the guest bathroom, so I can sort through their medicine cabinet? Just the thing that someone who’s feeling suicidal and alone wants to do!

And 1996 isn’t the dark ages. Prescription drugs were prescription drugs, even way back then.

Another possibility is that she thought dying from an allergic reaction would have been more painful than overdosing the way she did. Not to get too dark but the way she committed suicide is commonly talked about and referred to as one of the less painful methods. I've seen this exact method down to the drug talked about. Unsure about how she got the valium. Maybe she was prescribed it for one reason or another.

A few takes on this.
She was likely middle class or upper middle class, Mel Brooks is a big deal in those circles. She was not a drifter or homeless. Also loved a certain brand of clothing (almost all her clothes are the same brand) and was not afraid to spend some money on clothing and a fairly expensive watch.
She also was a Christian and had nice childhood memories of Christmas. She killed herself in December and wanted to take a little holiday feeling with her, thus the christmas tree.
She also was well acquainted with the Christian bedtime prayer Now I lay me down to sleep. But rewrote the text in a beautiful and skilled fashion to match her situation (her life is miserable and death is sweet and an escape).
Why did she pick that park with the baby cemetery? Maybe she had a stillborn or miscarriage earlier in life and it was buried there and she wanted to be close. Or she just knew the park from hiking and loved its tranquil atmosphere. Also infants souls are considered very pure, she may have felt it is a peaceful place for her to die.
And lastly, her bracelet is a medical alert bracelet. The penicillin means she is allergic to penicilline, not that she needs it. I am allergic to penicilline, too (not badly, but uncomfortably). The others is a do not resucitate order and no code, which essentially means the same.

And another thing, she was definitely American (or maybe Canadian?)because the Childrens Prayer and Mel Brooks are virtually unknown outside of the USA (prayer maybe also in the UK, no idea).

Anaphylaxis is a very unpleasant experience; I speak first hand. It would have been much gentler to "ease out" in the manner that she did.

I've never seen her PM photo before. That case always made me sad. Maybe she went to that part of the cemetery because it's sort of "on the side"? I haven't seen it in person, but on the map it looked like it's hidden by the building.
My guess is she didn't really have anything to do with babies buried there, she just liked the place and it secludedness

I've never seen her PM photo before. That case always made me sad. Maybe she went to that part of the cemetery because it's sort of "on the side"? I haven't seen it in person, but on the map it looked like it's hidden by the building.
My guess is she didn't really have anything to do with babies buried there, she just liked the place and it secludedness
The rendering makes her look sort of harsh. Her PM makes her look very kind, sweet, and grandmotherly.

Hi @Savemecastiel Somehow I'm a bit puzzled about your bumping...only positive thoughts and feedback btw....I would use bumping in a thread that is nearly "dead" and would add additional information, mostly found after a longer time.....Just to know me....I'm not the most diplomatic person around here...many members are far more skilled in this ....but if the thread is still active (last post yesterday) I wouldn't bump.

Her tag is most likely from an earlier time in her life when she was concerned about receiving medication she's allergic to. The DNR is usually based on a philosophy of dying without extreme medical intervention. I doubt it figures into her chosen method of suicide which she was bound and determined to see through to the end.

Whoever she is, she could afford to have a well made, coordinated wardrobe of clothing that was obviously not castoffs.

The C-section scar is definitely old school; that type of vertical scar is only used these days for certain circumstances since most are now horizontal.

The child's backpack is certainly a clue. Being well worn, I wonder how old it really is? Could the style and design be from the 60s which could possibly make it her own child's. If it's much newer, perhaps it's a well loved item belonging to a grandchild or ward, if she was a caregiver to a deceased child. Maybe she lost her job as a caregiver.

Do we have her DNA? I wondered based on the convos up thread regarding her heritage. She doesn't look any particular ethnic group to me, other than her short stature which makes her look like any grandmother of Maltese, Italian, Greek, or any eastern or southern European heritage from a certain era.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back