VA VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by PonderingThings, Feb 20, 2006.

1. lizziginne

lizziginne Well-Known Member

The scar is a laparotomy scar, not a vertical c-section. Classical cesarian sections typically do not extend above the umbilicus. This isn't to say she didn't have a c-section scar before her laparotomy.
    There are multiple reasons for a full length incisional laparotomy, particularly in the times prior to laprascopic surgery becoming more readily available. Any intraabdominal cancer or infection would usually require such a large incision for access.

I'm a doctor who has seen a lot of scars!

j_in_c, Susikatze, Zahreenuh and 6 others like this.

2. lizziginne

The scar is a laparotomy scar, not a vertical c-section. Classical cesarian sections typically do not extend above the umbilicus. This isn't to say she didn't have a c-section scar before her laparotomy.
    There are multiple reasons for a full length incisional laparotomy, particularly in the times prior to laprascopic surgery becoming more readily available. Any intraabdominal cancer or infection would usually require such a large incision for access.

I'm a doctor who has seen a lot of scars!

3. Zahreenuh

Zahreenuh Mama Hen

Heard about this case in a Facebook group I’m in. What an interesting case. Obviously she took things with her that were sentimental and wanted to “enjoy” her ultimate death comfortably. I wonder if she was struggling mentally. Or perhaps. Just depressed. The scar is definitely strange. I don’t think c section at all.
    I feel like there is a bit of clues of everything she brought that is important to her and is about her. The Fanny pack is interesting. Perhaps it is a childhood memory?

momsof3, PatLaurel and Bohemian like this.
  4. WCD1978

WCD1978 New Member

Has Jaqueline Ann Gasperian, missing from California been excluded as a match? I’ve looked but I can’t find anything.

Bohemian likes this.
  5. WCD1978

WCD1978 New Member

Bohemian likes this.
  6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021 at 1:58 PM
    Bohemian likes this.
  7. lonewanderer

lonewanderer Well-Known Member

I was recently watching a show that mentioned the Hemlock Society, which is an assisted suicide and right-to-die group.

It mentioned specifically that one of the methods of suicide is to take a large amount of pills and suffocate yourself with a plastic bag. The idea is to let the carbon monoxide build up inside the bag by leaving room to breathe the recycled air in.

Anyways, just thought I would add that along with suicide manuals and Heavens Gate which was also mentioned in this thread.

Hemlock Society - Wikipedia

Bohemian and carbuff like this.
  8. Hope32

Hope32 Mainly Lurker Sometimes Sleuther

Namus has around 700 people that are excluded. From a quick search through the pages.... No she has not...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021 at 4:27 PM
    Bohemian likes this.
  9. lizziginne

Doesn't quite match to my eye, UIDs scar goes around her umbilicus very obviously but Jacqueline's doesn't.
    However, given the time line I don't think you could fully exclude it, scars change a lot over time and as people age/weight fluctuates etc

Bohemian and carbuff like this.
  10. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Bit of hope, Bohemian and renee_ellis like this.
  11. carbuff

12. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

13. carbuff

I suppose it does indicate there's enough ambiguity that we can't rule out Ms. Gasperian based on height--and that seems to be the only discrepancy. Not that there's a lot to go on.

j_in_c, Bit of hope and Bohemian like this.
  14. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

Although I have been around for a while IIRR I never saw this before. In my mind this lady was around 5'0. Interesting.....

LucyOso and Bohemian like this.