VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

I wonder who it is they think has the baby as the grandmother says in the clip? I am sure LE is checking everything out and can tell who is telling the truth.

The LE officer said that they have Blacksburg PD involved as there's an address in that catchment area that they're interested in. Maybe that address has a person who the family suspects may have taken Arieanna?

Crap. Another child who "vanished" from her crib. Yeah, I know that sometimes it happens. I haven't started digging yet but right now if I had to predict... Sitting on my hands and hoping that Arieanna turns up safe and sound.

ETA: So there's a one hour window? Arieanna disappeared between 10 pm and 11 pm. I'm assuming mom wasn't in bed during that time. Even with the doors unlocked how does she not hear someone enter the home? Sigh.
Search underway for missing Roanoke 3-month-old baby girl

Last edited:
Ok. I'm read up on this. Mom called at 11:00 p.m. saying she checked on the baby one hour earlier. That's where I'm starting with my suspicions. It could be true or it could be made up. I'm starting with the beginning of the story. This needs to be verified.

I'm a little surprised at the grandmother's words:

"I don't know if she's living. I don't know where she's at. It's painful for my family, so I'm reaching out for help," said Sophia Bryant, Arieanna's grandmother.

For now I take it as grandmother expressing her worst fears but at the same time I kind of feel (so take my thoughts with a big grain of salt) that she may have some thoughts of her own about what happened. And this is definitely my own thought but I expected to hear something to the effect of worrying about Arieanna - her safety, comfort, if she's scared, fed, etc. but all I read was how her disappearance is affecting the family. Again it's all MOO. I hope we get more info soon.

"I don't know if she's living. I don't know where she's at. It's painful for my family, so I'm reaching out for help," said Sophia Bryant, Arieanna's grandmother.

For now I take it as grandmother expressing her worst fears but at the same time I kind of feel (so take my thoughts with a big grain of salt) that she may have some thoughts of her own about what happened. And this is definitely my own thought but I expected to hear something to the effect of worrying about Arieanna - her safety, comfort, if she's scared, fed, etc. but all I read was how her disappearance is affecting the family. Again it's all MOO. I hope we get more info soon.
That's a good point. If my grandchild were missing I would plead with whoever had her to take good care of her, please don't hurt her and return her anywhere. kwim? Nothing about my pain or anyone else's. Just plead to treat her well and release her unharmed.

I might need to listen again but on a single quick listen I felt there were more non-flags than flags.

She said about not knowing if the baby is living...she couldn't follow that up with 'or dead'. She touched her hand to her mouth, which as I understand it is a non-flag sign.

If grandma doesn't live in the house, then we might not expect to see flags in her interviews, so lack of flags might not give us information either way.

I would be more interested in seeing the mother interviewed if she's up to it, and I think while a grandma is going to help get public sympathy, there's nothing like the public seeing the mother's pain to encourage them to call 911 or one of the other lines with suspicions/tips.

I might need to listen again but on a single quick listen I felt there were more non-flags than flags.

She said about not knowing if the baby is living...she couldn't follow that up with 'or dead'. She touched her hand to her mouth, which as I understand it is a non-flag sign.

If grandma doesn't live in the house, then we might not expect to see flags in her interviews, so lack of flags might not give us information either way.

I would be more interested in seeing the mother interviewed if she's up to it, and I think while a grandma is going to help get public sympathy, there's nothing like the public seeing the mother's pain to encourage them to call 911 or one of the other lines with suspicions/tips.
Thanks Amonet! I had cut and pasted from the article. I just went to the video and see what you mean. I'm still concerned over the emphasis of the impact on the family but as I think about her saying they suspect someone I can also see that possibly her mind was elsewhere and she just wanted to make sure to plea to return Arieanna.

And yes, hearing from the mother would be helpful in many ways. I don't know if I could face a news camera if I was in the same position but I hope that I would muster the courage to get my child's name out to the public. So many hours and no word from LE about any suspects. I sure hope they know more than what we're seeing in msm.

I did notice the word suspect being mispronounced as in "There is a suspect" as opposed to " I suspect something bad". She may be thinking of a suspect already.

There's no indication the child was taken by force.

What does that even MEAN? She's 3 months old! Obviously no one beat up her mother and took her. What is a 3 month old going to do? Say it's okay if you take me? I don't understand the wording of this.

Also, is this area going to be impacted by Florence?

There's no indication the child was taken by force.

What does that even MEAN? She's 3 months old! Obviously no one beat up her mother and took her. What is a 3 month old going to do? Say it's okay if you take me? I don't understand the wording of this.

Also, is this area going to be impacted by Florence?
I do believe it is. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. I've been laying low, sitting on my hands for the most part. Since I've been on this site I'm finding it harder and harder to believe in happy endings for these little ones.

I do believe it is. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. I've been laying low, sitting on my hands for the most part. Since I've been on this site I'm finding it harder and harder to believe in happy endings for these little ones.

That does worry me. Just before a Hurricane. That would be a good time to commit a crime as everyone will be busy...

That does worry me. Just before a Hurricane. That would be a good time to commit a crime as everyone will be busy...
Not to mention washing away evidence and accelerating decomposition, But I do not think Florence will cause a big impact maybe a bit of rain and wind. I am in Greensboro/High Point, NC and not expecting too much.

Last edited:
PPD manifests regularly at around 3 months, and a baby crying and not going to sleep would likely exacerbate it. Dissociation and psychotic episodes can be associated with PPD as well, FWIW.

JMO.
I agree with this but I can never understand why it is usually the fathers or boyfriends who commit these crimes and they do not have hormone changes as an excuse.

If Mom put her in bed at 10, then was in the kitchen... maybe doing dishes? I could see how she may not hear someone come in and take the baby. I wore my baby while I did dishes for 6 months. I was so paranoid to even leave him in another room. :( I wonder if the suspect they had was cleared? Wondering if that might be another guy who thinks he's the father?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back