VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

I do believe it is. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. I've been laying low, sitting on my hands for the most part. Since I've been on this site I'm finding it harder and harder to believe in happy endings for these little ones.

That does worry me. Just before a Hurricane. That would be a good time to commit a crime as everyone will be busy...

They are downgrading what effects from the storm we would have. There was flooding in Roanoke last night in isolated areas. There will likely be flooding in areas this weekend, and into the early parts of next week, but not the huge amounts from a hurricane. The storm drainage system in Salem and Roanoke need a seriously overhaul, and with a few inches of rain, they can't handle it in many parts. But as far as like national disaster type weather, not for this area at this time.

I'll be in Roanoke on Friday. I hope this little girl has been found by then. There's some reason the family suspects someone took her, and there's some reason Blacksburg LE is involved. The drug use and gang activity in Roanoke has gotten awful but I don't know if that's going to play a part in this case or not. I'm not real familiar with the area this happened in, other than it's not a good part of town. In daylight I'll drive through, but I wouldn't at night.

Anyway, I haven't seen a name mentioned for a parent, or grandparent. I'm not seeing anything on MY facebook with quotes from family, friends, etc. I am seeing the missing alert being posted multiple times every hour. So the word is getting in the area, and her beautiful photo is being seen.

They are downgrading what effects from the storm we would have. There was flooding in Roanoke last night in isolated areas. There will likely be flooding in areas this weekend, and into the early parts of next week, but not the huge amounts from a hurricane. The storm drainage system in Salem and Roanoke need a seriously overhaul, and with a few inches of rain, they can't handle it in many parts. But as far as like national disaster type weather, not for this area at this time.

I'll be in Roanoke on Friday. I hope this little girl has been found by then. There's some reason the family suspects someone took her, and there's some reason Blacksburg LE is involved. The drug use and gang activity in Roanoke has gotten awful but I don't know if that's going to play a part in this case or not. I'm not real familiar with the area this happened in, other than it's not a good part of town. In daylight I'll drive through, but I wouldn't at night.

Anyway, I haven't seen a name mentioned for a parent, or grandparent. I'm not seeing anything on MY facebook with quotes from family, friends, etc. I am seeing the missing alert being posted multiple times every hour. So the word is getting in the area, and her beautiful photo is being seen.

The only name I have seen mentioned is a grandmother's.

Search underway for missing Roanoke 3-month-old baby girl

[....]

"I don't know if she's living. I don't know where she's at. It's painful for my family, so I'm reaching out for help," said Sophia Bryant, Arieanna's grandmother.

[....]

Oh no, the missing little ones always really get me.

If it was an abduction, Arieanna’s age suggests that the abductor is female and wants to claim Arieanna as her biological child.

There was an abduction of a young baby, maybe a year ago, I followed the case on here. In that case iirc the baby was abducted during daylight hours...and the mom was murdered in the abduction. The baby was found alive.

This could explain the audacity of walking into a home and taking a baby from her crib and then walking out (and presumably quietly closing the door behind on the way out).

What are the motives for a stranger kidnapping a 3 month old baby?? Other than (the unlikely scenario?) wanting to pass it off as your own...which kind of seems like a movie plot line and not the most common thing to happen in Roanoke but I am aware it is a possibility.

There's no indication the child was taken by force.

What does that even MEAN? She's 3 months old! Obviously no one beat up her mother and took her. What is a 3 month old going to do? Say it's okay if you take me? I don't understand the wording of this.

Also, is this area going to be impacted by Florence?

We’re supposed to get at least a few inches of rain and have already had flooding this week that was bad enough that people had to be rescued from their vehicles.

Hope this isn't related.

Roanoke man accused of illegally disposing of body

'Andrew Christopher Terry, a 31-year-old Roanoke resident, was arrested around 9 p.m. Wednesday. '

Roanoke man accused of illegally disposing of body

ABC 13 News - WSET‏Verified account @ABC13News
Officials in Montgomery Co. say they've arrested Andrew Terry for illegally dumping a body. This is a developing story. http://bit.ly/2CTMsTm

ABC 13 News - WSET on Twitter
Oh, that does not sound good. :( Blacksburg is in Montgomery County (and initial articles indicated they were working with officers in Blacksburg).

ETA: I wonder what kind of car Mr. Terry drives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back