Deceased/Not Found VA - Arieanna Day, 3 mos, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by HayLouise, Sep 12, 2018.

1. B-Angel

B-Angel New Member

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it was in a closed group. I must belong to that group too. In the second link, Jesse, was answering questions and giving her side of the story. No rumors, just her side, now that she's ready to say something. I was attempting to let others judge for themselves, what they thought of what she said.

keeleydoll and mks762 like this.
  2. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Couldn't access the court site this morning.... I guess it doesn't like me this morning.... :rolleyes: so couldn't see if this is this happening - but I shall post it anyway! :)

Wednesday, May 29th:
    *Trial set to begin (both cases) (@ 9am ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out. Indicted (1/8/19) with concealing a body. Montgomery County Circuit Case #CR12001229-02/Grand Larceny; #CR18001352-02/Conceal
    Trial starts 5/29/19.

3. B-Angel

B-Angel New Member

All media request have been denied, a continuance is supposed to happen today. Arieanna's birthday was yesterday, a couple of people showed up to release balloons for her.

keeleydoll, mks762, Beagle and 3 others like this.
  4. Niner

Since I can't access the court site - thank you B-Angel for the update - and please post if you see more! :)

and
    [​IMG] to WS!

TatianaBarbie and AnnaGrace like this.
  5. B-Angel

B-Angel New Member

Thanks These were taken Monday night. The second pleadings/orders photo is of the latest, as of 15mins ago.

Attached Files:

6. Niner

I'm guessing no reporter is tweeting for the trial? Or is it just jury selection?

TIA! :)

7. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

8. Niner

Ah - thanks Mistivon! Much appreciated. Thought his trial was supposed to start, guess I missed it.... :rolleyes:

TatianaBarbie and mistivon like this.
  9. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Continued Sept 26th

http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/CaseDetail.do

Case Number:
    CR18001352-00
    Filed:
    12/07/2018
    Commenced by:
    Indictment
    Locality:
    COMMONWEALTH OF VA
    Defendant:
    TERRY, ANDREW CHRISTOPHER
    Sex:
    Male
    Race:
    Black (Non-Hispanic)
    DOB:
    02/03/****
    Address:
    BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
    Charge:
    CONCEAL DEAD BODY
    Code Section:
    18.2-323.02
    Charge Type:
    Felony
    Class:
    Offense Date:
    09/12/2018
    Arrest Date:
    09/12/2018
    Hearings

# Date Time Type Room Plea Duration Jury Result
    1 01/08/2019 1:00PM Grand Jury True Bill
    2 03/13/2019 9:00AM Trial 4C Continued
    3 05/29/2019 9:00AM Trial 4B Continued Motion Of Defense
    4 09/25/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial 4C
    5 09/26/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial 4C

10. Niner

Thank you Simply Southern! [​IMG]

11. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Andrew Terry requests jury trial in body concealment case

Andrew Terry was scheduled for a bench trial in Montgomery Circuit Court Wednesday morning but he requested a jury trial instead.

Roanoke City police believe both Terry and the child's mother, Jessica Day, were involved in Arieanna's disappearance.

The child is still missing, but police previously said she is believed to be dead. Her body, however, has not been found.

@Niner Thanks for keeping up with everything!!! I am appreciative!!!

TatianaBarbie, AnnaGrace and Niner like this.
  12. keeleydoll

keeleydoll Well-Known Member

Good grief, seems to me like the new social media shenanigans is to try to undermine the case against him in the public eye because he thinks this could turn the outcome of a jury trial. I’m both local and in the closed group and I couldn’t keep listening because it was such utter nonsense.

mks762, AnnaGrace and Simply Southern like this.
  13. Niner

You are quite welcome! :)

Simply Southern likes this.
  14. B-Angel

B-Angel New Member

You have a point! Opting for a jury trial could have been done earlier. The father replying to ask the mother where Arieanna is, gives me the thought that the parents (both) have some explaining to do. I do question why only one day is expected to be all that's needed. If the mother, has been vocal stating that she doesn't believe that the father has or could do anything to a child, that leaves her. Yet, no charges have been made against her. Did law enforcement agencies, miss something? If the father did in fact, admit to something to that he didn't do, why? This is a strange situation from the beginning, to now.

Niner likes this.
  15. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

16. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

The man police say is the baby's father, Andrew Terry, was arrested in Montgomery County. He's charged with concealing a dead body.

Police confirmed that Terry is a suspect and Jessica Day is a person of interest. Deputies say they're using new DNA forensics to examine evidence collected during their search. But investigators with Montgomery County later reporter to WDBJ7 that the analysis did not lead them any closer to Arieanna's body.

In January of 2019, Andrew Terry was indicted by a Grand Jury in Montgomery County for his charges. He was scheduled to appear in court in March. That appearance was rescheduled for May 29 where he was to face a bench trial. He instead opted for a jury trial which he will face on September 25.

17. Niner

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up the following week while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

Wednesday, Sept. 25th:javascript:void(null);
    *Trial set to begin (@ 9am ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out. Indicted (1/8/19) with concealing a body.
    Trial starts 9/25/19 & on 9/26.

HayLouise, n_6CC and Simply Southern like this.