GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

I haven't checked the route but there's tons of tolls/tunnels. I wonder if the car would have had to go through EZPass but I'm sure LE has checked.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The only toll in the area is for the Midtown Tunnels and Downtown Tunnels. Otherwise, there are HOV lanes w/ restricted use and times, but no tolls in the immediate Norfolk/VA Beach area, particularly in on I-64 or I-564 or I-264W (east of I-64 interchange)

But there are tons and tons of cameras all over the roads in this area. I would think LE is scouring all the possible travel paths from the base to Azalea/Tallyho (phone spot) and to 9500 of Lakeside in the oceanview area (car location). However, I images w/ so many possible routes, road cams and possible security cameras that could be a daunting task. Hopefully someone's coming through it all to be sure there isn't a stone unturned.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1728957067410464
abafa4b704abbedc9acd81a2cf3b4f95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This poster says her car was seen parked with windows open on the day she disappeared but LE only recovered it on the 23rd?

It's a pity it took that long.

Hope this young lady comes home safe but I have to say, I don't have a good feeling.

This poster says her car was seen parked with windows open on the day she disappeared but LE only recovered it on the 23rd?

Hope this young lady comes home safe but I have to say, I don't have a good feeling.

Agreed. I cant help but wonder if they wanted someone to steal the car. It just sat there that long and no one did anything. :thinking:

Maybe someone in the neighborhood reported to LE seeing the car parked there since the day she went missing. The person may have become suspicious only after seeing the car sitting there several days with the windows down, and then may have recognized the car on the news or a MP poster and reported it to LE. JMO

Odd that the windows were down. Was someone airing out the car? :( Wonder if any DNA evidence has been found in the car.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/out...missing-daughter-10k-reward-offered/478796175

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...rince-georges-county-teen-in-norfolk-virginia

Billie dreams of opening her own bakery or becoming an executive chef and was excited to study her passion in college, the family said. When Billie discussed getting a job, her father said he thought she had enough on her plate with school starting. But when she said she wanted to work at the sub shop on base, he encouraged her to pursue it.

<snipped> https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...41773cd5a14_story.html?utm_term=.ccda823ecd53

Sounds like she was content with her life, doing the things she was passionate about and working toward fulfilling her dreams. Doesn't sound like someone who would just walk away from family and her dreams. MOO

It doesn't say if anyone else was working at the sub shop that morning. Her car was seen leaving the base. Wondering if there was a car following hers? Hoping she is taking a break somewhere. Seems to me a lot of pressure on her with school and a 4:30 am start time for work.

(Wow, you've been a member here for over 17 years?!)

I have wondered this too. Most people think the bases are safe (they usually are, don&#8217;t get me wrong) but there are crimes that do happen such as larceny, etc. I think to myself if that were to happen to me (car jacking on base) I would slam on the brakes by the gate when I was leaving and jump out to the guards who are armed.

So many scenarios going thru my head.

Finding her car really changes my perspective on things. If she needed a break to get away I don&#8217;t think she would ditch her car.

Back in May there was another black female (and her infant daughter) reported missing in my city not far away from Norfolk. Do you remember Kier Johnson and her baby? She hasn&#8217;t been found nor her daughter. Kiers car was found miles away abandoned by some residences. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Marking spot to see if they have a thread here, thanks)

<snipped> http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...lege-student-missing-phone-found-in-dumpster/

Here is another map, showing the location where AB's car was abandoned.

https://goo.gl/maps/TaCNwJhabTN2

It looks like the car was driven along Rt 60 to where it was abandoned in Ocean View. Not good that whoever was in the car, possibly with AB, traveled so close to the water. Would someone be able to catch a ferry in Ocean View to get to, say, Buckroe Beach and Park where a vehicle may be parked.

AB's cell phone being found in Norfolk suggests 2 possbilities:
1.) Someone, with AB in the car, drove from the base to Norfolk and then backtracked/took I-64 to Ocean View.

2.) Two people are involved in the abduction of AB, one driving AB's car and the other driving a 2nd car. So, the one drives to Norfolk while the other drives to Ocean View.

Either way, he/she/they wanted to spread the evidence. Fortunately for LE, that's more opportunity to catch something/someone on camera. Hoping they did and Ashanti will be found soon.

ETA: meant to ask, what besides her cell phone was found in Norfolk?

(Reminded of Tim Bosma (phone))

I live in Virginia Beach and coming from the Navy myself, I have to add it's not unusual for anyone to arrive on base at least 90 minutes prior to the start of work. A good portion of our huge population works on many of the military installation in the surrounding area so your best bet to beat the traffic and get through all the security is to leave that early in the mornings.

Welcome and thanks for your input. :)

:welcome:

I've been quietly following this case.
Is it possible that she was confronted by someone or even met someone at her work? She left willingly with them and was kidnapped after? Or maybe she "ran" away or was persuaded to go away with a love interest? Maybe someone from where she used to live?
I hope she's found safe.
I'm on the fence. I don't know what to think about this one.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Jumping in a bit late, so excuse me if someone has already covered this. I grew up in this area. Tallyho Terrace is a nice residential area. There IS no dumpster there. And there wouldn't be...like I said, this is a residential area.

What was the name of the person who claimed they found her cell p dumpster there ?

Okay, now I get it. This was a construction dumpster, and the cell phone was found in the dumpster by construction workers because it was ringing. Makes sense.

Odd that her car was abandoned in one direction (from the base ) and her phone was ditched in the opposite direction. Almost makes me think whoever ditched her car in Ocean View had to travel back in the direction of her apartment, and ditched her phone along the way.

Do we know if her keys were ever located ? Anything missing from her apartment ?

I'm thinking a random abduction from a govt. Non military worker that either someone that knew she was opening or just an crime of opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hearts go out to everyone who knows and loves Ashanti. The not knowing, and not knowing what you don't know, can be so soul crushing. I hope Ashanti is safe somewhere and if not, I hope there is a resolution soon.

"Billie's employer Blimpie has matched the FBI&#8217;s reward to increase the total to $20,000 for information that will help locate her.

[....]

Billie&#8217;s family is asking for another piece of video from another gate she passed through at the military base on Sept. 16, but the FBI has not released that video yet.

A family representative in the Virginia Beach area said a search for Billie is being planned on Thursday."

<snipped> http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...es-county-native-who-went-missing-in-virginia

ETA: More information about the search:

Two local women organized a volunteer search that will take place from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Taylho Terrace and Azalea Garden Road in Norfolk on Thursday, Sept. 28.

<snipped> http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local...-for-info-leading-to-ashanti-billie/478374578

Blimpie has released the following statement:

Blimpie has announced it is working with the FBI and local Virginia Beach, VA authorities in an effort to find Ashanti Billie, an employee of the sub shop, who has been missing for more than a week. Blimpie has offered to match the FBI&#8217;s $10,000 reward for information that will lead to finding Billie.

[....]

If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Ashanti, or any information that may be helpful in solving this case, please contact the FBI Norfolk Field Office, (757)455-0100.

Read more at .... http://wavy.com/2017/09/25/reward-doubles-to-20k-for-information-that-will-find-ashanti-billie/

More details on how Ashanti's car was located:

On Saturday, her Mini Cooper was found in the 9500 block of Lakeside Drive near Ocean View in Norfolk. A woman living nearby said she read the vehicle’s description – a 2014 cream-colored Mini Cooper with Maryland Tag 2CX-0575 – and realized the vehicle had been parked outside for “at least two or three days.”

She quickly phoned police.

<snipped> http://wavy.com/2017/09/25/reward-doubles-to-20k-for-information-that-will-find-ashanti-billie/

It reminded me of the missing hampton mother earlier this year. Same height 4'11 which is on the very petite side for a woman and weight was maybe 10 pounds off both black females. Also just like with Ashanti the car was found a few days later in a strange location. They still don't know what happened to 34 Year old keir Johnson. For the people that don't live in hampton roads, there is a tunnel that connects the south side to the peninsula. Ocean view (where Ashanti's car was found is the south side opening) and hampton (where Keirs car was found is the peninsula side)

We need clarification on the exit time of the car from the base. Was it thirty minutes later or later then that? Could she gone to base early to give someone a ride somewhere?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back