GUILTY VA - Austin King, 56, murdered, Norfolk, 21 March 2013

I read the article. There's no way the murder wasn't planned. This guy knew them and would be able to identify them. They knew he would have to die for them to even have a possibilty of getting away with the robbery. I feel awful for his wife. She lost a husband and her business due to greed. Honestly to me this girl deserves just as much time as he does. I feel bad for her parents. I have two teenagers at home. You can teach them right from wrong, show them right from wrong, and they can still go off and do stupid things. I tell mine when you make a decision you better be ready to face the consequences. I love my children but if they were caught up in something like this I would be there to love them, but I would not go in to debt to fight a losing battle.

I would say that though there may or may not be some mitigating factors, she has to take responsibility for what she has done. I agree that the parents shouldn't sacrifice the security of their home for her defense. She has to own her mistakes and pay for them.

Yeah if she had any brains she would have kept her mouth SHUT when she spoke to the police, but she apparently doesn't have any brains. Obviously if she had brains she never would have gotten talked into this horrendous crime by a "boyfriend". Save the stories about abuse, she took up with the guy.

Meanwhile her parents happily went along when she started dating this (assuming they knew what their 19 year old daughter was doing, and they likely did, 19 year olds can't stop talking about boyfriends). Don't tell me he doesn't have any priors, he surely does! But they were open minded. Great. They can be "open minded and accepting" while their daughter spends several years in prison.

No sympathy. Best case scenario he gets life and she gets at least 20 years, the gene pool doesn't need either of them contributing.

Her parents can't deal with the fact that their daughter participated in this murder, actually tied the victims feet up and watched him bludgeoned to death while she happily assisted, her parents are clinging to the notion that she had no choice and was "forced". Yeah right.

That's a little bit harsh! :)

Her parents never did anything wrong and we do not know them, nor are they in MSM. Just because their daughter may have committed a crime it does not mean her parents are responsible in the components (i.e upbringing and child rearing) that led to her committing murder (many other exterior factors mould a teenager). She is an adult. Focus disgust on the woman charged for murder, her family shouldn't be targeted.

If I ever committed murder, for whatever reason, my parents would be equally as distraught and I am telling you right now, they would have nothing to do with why I got myself in such a dire situation.

Advice for the parents - do not lend or borrow money for legal fees. Find a counsellor to help with emotional needs. Seek independent legal and financial advice prior to committing to her legal defences & fees. And take care of themselves too. It will be a grieving process, they must seek help with coming to terms with the worst possible outcome.

JMO

That's a little bit harsh! :)

Her parents never did anything wrong and we do not know them, nor are they in MSM. Just because their daughter may have committed a crime it does not mean her parents are responsible in the components (i.e upbringing and child rearing) that led to her committing murder (many other exterior factors mould a teenager). She is an adult. Focus disgust on the woman charged for murder, her family shouldn't be targeted.

If I ever committed murder, for whatever reason, my parents would be equally as distraught and I am telling you right now, they would have nothing to do with why I got myself in such a dire situation.

Advice for the parents - do not lend or borrow money for legal fees. Find a counsellor to help with emotional needs. Seek independent legal and financial advice prior to committing to her legal defences & fees. And take care of themselves too. It will be a grieving process, they must seek help with coming to terms with the worst possible outcome.

JMO

Very well said CuriousGrace, and thank you!

Jury recommends life sentence for Norfolk man found guilty of Va. Beach man’s murder

Norfolk, Va. - A man on trial for the murder of a Virginia Beach man, whose body was found in a burning Mac Tools truck in March, was found guilty of all charges. A jury reached the verdict Tuesday morning.

Hassan Harvey was convicted of First-Degree Murder, Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Arson, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery and Grand Larceny, according to Amanda Howie with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.

The jury recommended a sentence of two life terms plus 40 years. It was the maximum sentence for all five convictions.

http://wtkr.com/2013/11/12/jury-tri...arged-in-death-of-man-found-in-burning-truck/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back