VA - Austin Wilson, 17, Virginia Beach, 19 March 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ElemenohP, Apr 3, 2016.

1. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

2. Loading...

3. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

For anyone familiar with the area
    http://wtkr.com/2016/04/03/police-search-for-missing-virginia-beach-high-school-student/

ETA: I just checked out the Facebook group and it looks as if they're doing an incredible job with fliers and such. Lots of people have gotten involved in the hopes of bringing Austin home. Good for them! I wish them all the best of luck with their searches :)

4. JnRyan

JnRyan Active Member

I heard about this on Thursday or Friday from a friend in neighboring city of Virginia Beach. It was on the VBPD webpage, but NOTHING in the media. This article on WTKR's website is the first media posting I've seen and he has been missing since the middle of last month.

5. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Active Member

He's been missing since March 19. :( It's sad that it seems to take so long to get word out, especially since he's minor and in high school. You would think his friends would have been on all him missing right away.

6. JnRyan

JnRyan Active Member

7. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Active Member

8. JnRyan

JnRyan Active Member

9. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Active Member

It would really suck if he is throwing all of that away and looks like maybe he is a senior if he ran off on his own and is hiding out.

10. JnRyan

JnRyan Active Member

If that happened and he is found alive it is better than the alternative. I still wonder about that though if he was working on lacrosse as the Select Lacrosse had not really started when he disappeared. (VB public schools do not have lacrosse as part of their sports program, so the Select Lacrosse is the only program.)

11. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

He appears stable. Not the type to run off but then again anything is possible with teens. I do hope he's found safe.

12. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Active Member

If you read through the comments on his missing page, it seems like they might think he did because they are talking about possible sightings at the beach and homeless shelters. I know the areas they are talking about and I'm sure there's lots of places he could be but he sticks to the waterfront area, I'm sure someone will spot him if word gets out enough.

13. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

There is a $1,000 reward for information that brings Austin home safely.

Members of the First Colonial High School Wrestling Team and their head coach, Trey Freeman, were there to help the Wilsons. "He was really upset because he was a senior and he didn't advance out of the conference tournament and I went outside with him and he was crying and talking about how it was over and he had been working so many years for this," said Freeman.

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/mycity/virginia-beach/reward-for-missing-vb-wrestler/117634756

Come home, Austin!

[​IMG]

14. JnRyan

JnRyan Active Member

Nothing new in the media. I haven't even heard about searches or going out with flyers. But...where would you search except the area around the house?

15. wvugirl2007

wvugirl2007 New Member

As a local I was very shocked at the lack of media attention this is receiving. He is only 17 and a high school student and you would think that would mean more urgency. As a FC grad I am praying for this family.

16. JnRyan

JnRyan Active Member

Still getting VERY sparse media exposure and almost nothing out of Virginia Beach PD. I've been checking the FB page and his grandmother posted as recently as 2 hours ago so there is no word.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/186553011731738/

17. JGlis

JGlis New Member

He was found and home safe!! His mother posted this on fb

We are happy to say that Austin Wilson is home safe tonight!!! He initiated his return home by a phone call this afternoon.
    Thank you all for your continued prayers, support and love for Austin and our family during the darkest days over the past seven weeks!
    We ask that you please respect our privacy during this time of healing!

18. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators