Still Missing VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Truthful Lies, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Truthful Lies

Truthful Lies Well-Known Member

It definitely does - I want to type out my long-winded thoughts on this, but I can't remember if we can comment on rumor. I don't think so =P (Why does my memory stink....)

2. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Okay, some of my thoughts....

I am having a hard time understanding some of this from a couple fo different perspectives.

Bethandy was enrolled in school at GMU. Her family said that the last time that they saw Bethany was Christmas Day. Classes didn't start back up for the Spring Semester until January 24th, per http://registrar.gmu.edu/calendars/2011Spring.html

So she did not see her son at all for a month that she would not have been in classes? Even though he was just an hour and a half south of her apartment? Having small children myself that makes no sense to me at all. And her husband, home from deployment, didn't see their son either? How long was he home? Being that close, I would be home to see my son most very weekend that I could.

3. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

What Happened to Bethany Decker?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l..._Bethany_Decker__Washington_DC-117214263.html

Video with interviews with Bethany's parents

Key Points
    * They've been married about 1 1/2 years
    * Husband was with her back in January, but does not say how long he was home on leave
    * Investigators are trying to get a face to face meeting with the husband
    * Neighbors describe fighting late at night almost every night
    * Mother would not describe relationship with husband, but Bethany would not leave behind her son
    * Bethany kept in touch via texting and phone, If she was not speaking with her mother, she would keep in touch with her siblings

Yeah, things are pretty hinky! And I vote in the drection of the husband

4. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

This also said

Has anyone found her FB page? I haven't found it yet.

5. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Whoa is right! I wonder how true it is.

6. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

7. Jaxson

Jaxson Your barkin' up the wrong tree

Sounds like that comment may be coming from a member of the husbands family. I agree it is certainly interesting. I wondered if it was hubby's baby she was pregnant with. 5 months and he is deployed? Sounds like he was just back for R&R.

I called my husband (Sgt Major, National Guard) and asked some pertinent questions regarding R&R.

1. R&R is rotational and can happen any time after about 3 months if deployment is for a year or more. If deployment is less than a a year they do not have R&R trips home.
    (so it could be hubby's baby)

2. When they leave after R&R there is usually a couple of days between leaving home and flying out of country. If he had to return by the 2nd he would have been gone by the 31st but if he didn't leave until the 2nd then he didn't have to be back over there until the 4th. (approx.)

3. Military takes precedent and local authorities would have to request extradition.

8. belimom

belimom Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn

Good observation there. Don't think it's his under those circumstances. MOO

9. fhc

fhc New Member

She would have had a scheduled OB appt in Feb.

10. belimom

Quoting myself - but now I can see two suspects, really: this BF she was living with and her husband, who may have come home to find out she was pregnant by someone else... I'm leaning towards the BF, since it doesn't appear that he reported her missing? But I find it interesting that LE wants to talk to her husband in person. Seems like a phone interview or something would be more practical if they really were more or less separated, etc, unless they have other reasons to want to see him...:waitasec:

11. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

I agree, if the commenter is correct, that they need to look at both the BF and the husband.

Has anyone seen anything that says when the husband returned home on leave? Or where he was staying during that time?

12. Lunar1121

Lunar1121 Active Member

I am about to speak in regards to the Air Force but I would assume each branch has something similar in place. The Air Force has something called the OSI. It is bascially the FBI but for the Air Force. They are trained agents and everything but also military personel. They investigate any military personel "wrong doings" be it suicide, theft, murder, etc. They do this along side local authorities because besides the "bad person" being put on trial locally, they also have to go through a military trial (court marshall). So, just trying to say that even though the husband is in the military and deployed he will be interviewed, at least by someone like the OSI.

I also find that comment very very interesting under that article and hope we can get some clarification on if that is true or not. It sounds believeable and straight to the point. IMO

13. belimom

14. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Do they mean though that they went to Hawaii prior to his original deployment or while he was home temporarily on leave in January?

15. belimom

I wondered the same thing but the context makes it seem like recently. Here's more of the statement, in context - seems like it wouldn't be embedded in there if it was prior to his original deployment, kwim?

16. belimom

17. cmlegend99

cmlegend99 Active Member

I am a Navy wife in VA. We had a Navy wife found dead back in Sept '10 while her husband was on deployment out at sea. They flew him home immediately from the ship to figure out what was going on. Turns out a fellow sailor that was a neighbor, that lived above her murdered her. It was really, really erie and a lot of Navy wives were VERY worried. She did live alone with no kids, just a dog and her family lived I think 5 states away, but she talked to her family everyday.

As far as myself, there can be months that goes by before I get to see my parents, in laws, brother, etc. But I do try to call my mom everyday. I have other Navy wives I talk to via text OR facebook to make sure they're okay, safe, need anything, etc.

Saying that, I DO know a couple of wives who don't really talk to their family at all. They just have strange relationships and just keep everything to theirselves. I have a friend who talks to her family maybe every month and a half.

I can't see how she didnt have friends in the area she talked to? Checked on her? Went out to lunch with or something? That doesn't make sense?

As far as her husband..I am sure they have questioned him. The military takes this stuff very seriously.

18. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Thanks belimom! I hadn't seen that article yet. Did she come back from Hawaii, I wonder?

19. belimom

Wow... good question. I would think so, since she was seen on 1/29 at her apartment complex and her husband left on 2/2?

20. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

I am beginning to get the impression that someone other than the husband may be responsible. In what I have found, it almost seems like Bethany's family is closer to Emile than to Bethany. I may be wrong, but I'm not so sure at this point that Emile is responsible.