VA - Charles Severance

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by WitchiePoo, Mar 13, 2016.

1. WitchiePoo

WitchiePoo Former Member

<modsnip>

2. Loading...

3. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis New Member

I need to catch up because I missed something. I look up his name but am not sure why we are discussing him. Any links or back story??

4. bflocket

bflocket Active Member

I found a few stories about this fellow. He apparently killed a few people in the time of a decade or so.
    And he's creepy looking.
    It also sounds like he might be just a bit "touched in the head," for lack of a better term. And that's also putting it pretty lightly.

Attorneys for accused serial killer Charles Severance rest their case
    The Washington Post
    Washington, DC
    10/27/2015
    Try to prepare your brain for this part...
    PS... Neither Alexandria, nor Washington DC, are anywhere near the Ohio (River) valley.
    Unless you'd consider St Louis "close" to Chicago since they're both kinda/sorta in the Midwest.

Charles Severance Receives Three Life Sentences in Triple-Murder Trial
    NBC4
    Washington, DC
    11/2/2015

Man in Custody in Investigation of Alexandria Murders Owned 'Mental Disorder' Website
    NBC4
    Washington, DC
    3/14/2014

5. bessie

bessie <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

The discussion started in the Nicole Lovell thread, where it does NOT belong. Any discussion of Severance should take place in this thread.

6. bflocket

bflocket Active Member

I don't want to sound dumb, but what was the connection between Lovell/Severance?
    That her killer and Severance both did track & field stuff?

I tried to look at the link, but I'd already used up all of my "freebie" views on the website linked on Novell's thread. But I really can't envision how anything relating to some "Indian massacre" in the 18th Century would relate to him killing any of the people he killed.

Could somebody that can view the story in question please elaborate?

7. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Try to explain a bit without breaking any rules: There is a guy, initials AM, who was visible in the media during Severance's trial, seeming somewhat supportive of Severance's innocence. He apparently was a cellmate of Severance at some point. AM also has come forward in the media with some information that could be interpreted to be in support of David Eisenhauer, one of the two arrested in Nicole Lovell's death. AM is also a runner and that seems to be one way, at least, he is acquainted with Eisenhauer.

8. BenchPress

BenchPress Former Member

Anyone else read that WDBJ7 Roanoke just blew the cover with regards to the fact that he is also being investigated for those decade old serial killings down in Daytona Beach? A Radio Shack kids Digital Camera found in his possession may also match the missing Radio Shack kids Digital Camera from Heidi Childs of Virginia Tech.

9. alexwood

alexwood Active Member

VIRGINIA COURT OF APPEALS 3-JUDGE PANEL HEARD ARGUMENTS FROM ATTORNEYS ON 03.15.2017

Attorney for Charles Severance attempts to have his conviction thrown out of court.
    Citing that Severance was never proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt; there is nothing linking him to the 3 murders since the murder weapon (.22 caliber revolver) was never found; and that since the murder of Martha Dunning occurred in 2003, Severance should not have been tried for that murder at same time he was tried for the other two murders [(Kirby murdered in 2013 and Lodato murdered in 2014)].

They tribunal will weigh arguments of both sides and render a decision within one to three months.

(NLT: June 19, 2017, by my calculations).

http://patch.com/virginia/oldtownal...ter&utm_content=article-topstories&utm_slot=1

10. alexwood

alexwood Active Member

Responding to my own post. The 2003 murder victim's name was "Nancy" Dunning, not Martha. (SMH! Don't know where I got that. Could be she had a sister named Martha.)

"The tribunal" -- not "they" tribunal. (Sheesh -- alexwood -- what an idiot!)

11. KayElJay

KayElJay <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Forum Moderator Moderator