Found Deceased VA - Cion Carroll, 17, 2022 Nov 2, phone last pinged at RSO home, Kenbrige

FruitTingles

Reaction score
Body found in shallow grave in Lunenburg County believed to be connected to Richmond missing teen, family says.

The family of a missing Richmond teenager has told 8News on Saturday that they believe the body recently recovered from a shallow grave in Lunenburg County belonged to their loved one, 17-year-old Cion Carroll.

On Friday, Nov. 11, at approximately 9 p.m., detectives with the Lunenburg County Sheriff’s Office were alerted to the discovery of a shallow grave in the 200 block of Seay Way in the Town of Kenbridge.

According to a statement from Virginia State Police, who were assisting the Kenbridge Police Department with its missing person investigation, detectives found human remains in the grave, and, based on evidence collected at the scene and the condition of the body, the person’s death is being investigated as a homicide.

A spokesperson with Virginia State Police said the remains were taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond for examination, autopsy and positive identification.

Family members of Cion Carroll, a 17-year-old boy from Richmond, told 8News they believe the tattoos found on the body matched that of Carroll. They said Carroll had a tattoo of his mother’s name on his arm.

Carroll was last seen on Nov. 2, according to his family. Authorities said detectives were able to trace his phone to learn that its last location was at the home of a known sex offender.

Earlier this week, members of Carroll’s family made the trip from Richmond to Lunenburg to search for him for several days.

Virginia State Police is continuing its investigation into Carroll’s death with help from the Lunenburg County Sheriff’s Office and the Kenbridge Police Department.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact the Virginia State Police by phone at 434-352-7128 or by dialing #77, or through email at questions@vsp.virginia.gov.

5BBEBE13-B553-4B3A-A81A-E5391996143C.jpeg

He looks very young in that picture. More like 13-14 than 17 IMO. I wonder if it's an old picture or he actually looks younger than his age.
I had to double check the age listed cuz I thought he was like 11 or 12. I wonder if him looking so young has anything to do with why his phone pinged at a sex offenders house. I'm also curious if he went there against his will. Hopefully we get more details soon. RIP Cion.

Nov 17, 2023

Chief Barnes' discovery led to the homicide investigation being turned over to Special Agent Kevin George with the Virginia State Police.

"This was unique and like nothing I've seen before in my time with the state police working homicide cases," George told the Reopen the Case Foundation. "Chief Barnes at the time told me he had a feeling, so I deem it by the grace of God he happened to be in the 200 block of Seay Way and came upon it in this area."

Months after Cion's body was found, as state police continued to look for information in the case, Chief Barnes resigned from the police department.

The investigation of Cion's murder remains active and open.

If you have information that can help move the investigation along, reach out to Reopen the Case at 833 RTCFNVA or email at tips@reopenthecase.org.

More at link.

Body found in shallow grave in Lunenburg County believed to be connected to Richmond missing teen, family says.

The family of a missing Richmond teenager has told 8News on Saturday that they believe the body recently recovered from a shallow grave in Lunenburg County belonged to their loved one, 17-year-old Cion Carroll.

On Friday, Nov. 11, at approximately 9 p.m., detectives with the Lunenburg County Sheriff’s Office were alerted to the discovery of a shallow grave in the 200 block of Seay Way in the Town of Kenbridge.

According to a statement from Virginia State Police, who were assisting the Kenbridge Police Department with its missing person investigation, detectives found human remains in the grave, and, based on evidence collected at the scene and the condition of the body, the person’s death is being investigated as a homicide.

A spokesperson with Virginia State Police said the remains were taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond for examination, autopsy and positive identification.

Family members of Cion Carroll, a 17-year-old boy from Richmond, told 8News they believe the tattoos found on the body matched that of Carroll. They said Carroll had a tattoo of his mother’s name on his arm.

Carroll was last seen on Nov. 2, according to his family. Authorities said detectives were able to trace his phone to learn that its last location was at the home of a known sex offender.

Earlier this week, members of Carroll’s family made the trip from Richmond to Lunenburg to search for him for several days.

Virginia State Police is continuing its investigation into Carroll’s death with help from the Lunenburg County Sheriff’s Office and the Kenbridge Police Department.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact the Virginia State Police by phone at 434-352-7128 or by dialing #77, or through email at questions@vsp.virginia.gov.

View attachment 379616
In the video, Cion's family reported that LE told the people, found walking near sexual offender's home to begin search, to leave. Later, the family of Cion wasn't able to find the offender's name in the registry. was his name removed? Did he take off? No new reports with regard to all of the deaths of young black men in the area?! WOW!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back