GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

What I don't know is when he'll turn 5. See how positive I'm being that he could still be alive? :)

I'm hoping you have the same outcome as Scottie Morris, Codi... And that's to be found SAFE!!!
We can hope until he's found and I hope he's with kind loving people. I have hope until I don't. Just wish Cory would say what happened. But I don't think that will happen so I hope he is given the maximum sentence for these charges. Jmoo

MAR 30, 2023
Bigsby faces 30 charges, which include 28 felonies and two misdemeanors. He's been behind bars since Feb. 3, 2022, and his bond has been denied six times as he awaits a trial. None of the charges are directly connected to Codi's disappearance.

Bigsby's lawyer has filed a motion to get those charges thrown out. His lawyer also wants Bigsby's mental health evaluations sealed.

A judge is set to review those evaluations during a hearing on Friday.

UGH!

Re: Bigsby faces 30 charges, which include 28 felonies and two misdemeanors. <snip> None of the charges are directly connected to Codi's disappearance.

They found NOTHING related to Codi's disappearance? I find that a little hard to believe there was nothing related to Codi if they did a thorough investigation. And since there wasn't, why in the world did they keep him jailed so long? I'm just not understanding this.

Re: Bigsby faces 30 charges, which include 28 felonies and two misdemeanors. <snip> None of the charges are directly connected to Codi's disappearance.

They found NOTHING related to Codi's disappearance? I find that a little hard to believe there was nothing related to Codi if they did a thorough investigation. And since there wasn't, why in the world did they keep him jailed so long? I'm just not understanding this.
I am so angry about this. I don't think they'd get dismissed there's evidence for the abuse. Just where in the heck is Codi jmoo

The mental examination results come from the third doctor to evaluate Bigsby’s mental competency. One of the previous doctors who evaluated Bigsby, hired by the defense, was not on the commissioner’s list of appointed physicians.

On Friday, March 31, the doctor said they “had concerns” about Bigsby’s mental competency.

The mental examination results come from the third doctor to evaluate Bigsby’s mental competency. One of the previous doctors who evaluated Bigsby, hired by the defense, was not on the commissioner’s list of appointed physicians.

On Friday, March 31, the doctor said they “had concerns” about Bigsby’s mental competency.
Noting:

Bigsby will be there for two months before reassessment. He is scheduled to appear in court on June 14 at 9 a.m.

#WHERE'SCODI?!

Cory Bigsby headed to Eastern State Hospital for further mental health evaluation. At around 41:35 they talk about Codi's siblings they are now home with mom and corys family is unhappy she won't allow them contact I don't blame her
I'd be concerned about letting that family see my kids too!! I think Cory is gaming the system, he simply doesn't want to go to prison and is delaying any action that puts him closer to that possibility.

WHERE IS CODI BIGSBY?!!!

I understand the desire to believe that Cory is alive, but this would probably be about the unlikeliest scenario for me in this case. MOO

MAR 31, 2023
The Bigsby family says they believe Codi is still alive but believe he is being sex trafficked. They say Hampton Police have not done enough to locate the missing boy.

"I believe in my heart, I know Codi is alive. But I believe he's being trafficked somewhere," said Cory's aunt, JH. ...

I understand the desire to believe that Cory is alive, but this would probably be about the unlikeliest scenario for me in this case. MOO

"I believe in my heart, I know Codi is alive. But I believe he's being trafficked somewhere," said Cory's aunt, JH. ...
bbm rsbm

Hmmm. Cory's aunt JH. But no one can convince Cory to explain how that happened, or even when???

Please! Not buying that, JH.

Where is Codi Bigsby???

APR 2, 2023

Court docs detail why judge ordered mental evaluation for father of missing Virginia boy

[...]

Court documents show a different court-approved doctor said Bigsby failed to understand the circumstances of his charges. In addition, Cory he claims he has no recognition of the names of the children listed in the indictment that he had been parenting.

[...]

"I do believe that Codi is no longer with us but I pray every day that he is," said Strickland, who is the organizer of "We Are Codi's Voice."

Strickland and the Bigsby family have not seen eye to eye.

According to Bigsby's attorney, the family is considering taking legal action against Strickland because they don't want her collecting funds on Codi's behalf, for a tribute she's organized.

[...]

APR 2, 2023

Court docs detail why judge ordered mental evaluation for father of missing Virginia boy

[...]

Court documents show a different court-approved doctor said Bigsby failed to understand the circumstances of his charges. In addition, Cory he claims he has no recognition of the names of the children listed in the indictment that he had been parenting.

[...]

"I do believe that Codi is no longer with us but I pray every day that he is," said Strickland, who is the organizer of "We Are Codi's Voice."

Strickland and the Bigsby family have not seen eye to eye.

According to Bigsby's attorney, the family is considering taking legal action against Strickland because they don't want her collecting funds on Codi's behalf, for a tribute she's organized.

[...]
Maybe if Cory told the truth his guilty conscience wouldnt effect him so badly, honestly he's in jail for something he did and admitted to just waiting for trial, why should those charges get dropped. He's not charged with Codi yet maybe soon maybe never which makes me sad. Cory's family is something else they threatened lawsuits against Nancy Strickland and the property rental of they put up Codi's bench ,they want no reminders of Codi at all and it's flipping sad.i for one am glad Cory's family can't see or communicate with Codi's siblings . Just a toxic family. Jmoo

APR 3, 2023
[...]

Matheny-Willard’s motion to dismiss is based on the discovery of a letter Bigsby wrote in jail. Matheny-Willard would not divulge the contents of the letter, but said it “changes the course” of Bigsby’s trial and shows his deteriorating mental health.

On Friday, 10 On Your Side investigative reporter Julie Millet asked Matheny-Willard directly if the letter was a suicide note or confession, and the attorney said no. On Saturday morning, Matheny-Willard sent a text to several reporters, including Millet, changing her initial statement. She said, “Because the statement is verifiability untrue, nonsensical, and bizarre, I do not consider it to be either one.”

[...]

MAR 31, 2023
The Bigsby family says they believe Codi is still alive but believe he is being sex trafficked. They say Hampton Police have not done enough to locate the missing boy.

this woman right here? [censored by me] It's rather convenient that while defending the indefensible and regular neglect of his children they blame LE for not finding Codi. GMAB. the odds of that are ridiculous and still wouldn't explain whose fault it would be if he were in that unlikely position. (clue: they start with your brother and not with Hampton PD)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back