VA VA - David Metzler, 19, & Heidi Childs, 18, fatally shot, Montgomery Co, 26 Aug 2009

The lady who kept the case in the spotlight recently posted something on her Facebook page dedicated to this murder. She posted again that LE knows who did it, but can't prove it. She said the perp has since married, has a child or children, and has moved out of the area.

So I'm actually of the belief that LE either doesn't know who did it or they don't have any DNA (which they have reported they do have). If they have a suspect and DNA they could easily get DNA from that suspect (such as following him and getting a drink cup or something similar). If they have a suspect then they don't have DNA. If they have DNA then they don't have a suspect. That's my belief anyway.

Aug 26 2022
1661644101393.png
''We need your help. Someone in the community knows what happened to Heidi Childs and David Metzler the night they were murdered at Caldwell Fields on August 26, 2009.

Tips that lead to an arrest could earn you $100,000 reward. Do us a favor. Please share this to your Facebook and ask your friends to share. Roanoke, Giles, Roanoke County, Montgomery County. Flood the newsfeeds with the flyer. These families need closure and they need justice. #TheAWAREFoundation''

I believe this was posted before but I'll post it here again. "Park Predators" podcast on the case from about a year ago. Nothing really new here but it is worth sharing to provide exposure and a refresher.

Just checking in. A Google search shows VA has a cold case database and this case is in it.
A podcast, "Lost in the Woods" covers the case in their 23 Jan 2023 podcast.

That's all I found since early December. Sadly, I suppose there won't be much more till August.
Sorry, the "Lost in the Woods" link should be: ‎Lost In The Woods Podcast on Apple Podcasts

If they had DNA then they would do a genealogical search and find some family members and be able to get some DNA from trash, etc.

I do not think thy have any DNA of the perpetrator.

''According to police, the person or persons who committed the murders were likely familiar with the area, with a good reason to be there that night.

They would not likely be recognized as “a monster” or a sociopath, according to Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office investigator Dennis Rakes.

The description has left many in the area fearful that the perpetrator may be living nearby.''

''Police say the perpetrator may have exhibited signs of distress after the murders.

Among other possible behaviors mentioned were missing work, taking an unusual interest in the case or making major life changes.''

Another year goes by and VERY LITTLE from LE or MSM. I'm going back to over 3 years ago to one of the VERY FEW podcasts or YouTube media on this case. "Mind Over Murder" with Bill Thomas and Kristen Dilley episodes:
Part 1

Part 2

I was fixing to bump this for David and Heidi. One case that still haunts me.

I live within an hour's drive of where the murders too place and drive by there occasionally heading to another state to see family.

I think about that couple every time I drive close by. It is a beautiful area with soft straight mountain ridges... so sad to be where their lives were ended.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
translator
Back