PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Found Deceased VA - Debbie McConnell, adult, Fairfax County, 3 Aug 2018

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Aug 10, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Fairfax County police searching for missing woman

Debbie McConnell went missing on August 3. According to friends, she was headed to Annandale from Staunton, where she had lived for years before moving to northern Virginia.
    upload_2018-8-10_22-55-58.jpeg
    She was reported missing on August 7, and law enforcement has been unable to find her.

WHSV - TV 3

2. tlneedham

tlneedham Well-Known Member

There sure isn’t a lot of info—nothing even about the car she must have been driving, or if there were any signs that she made it back to Annandale.

EA18G, GarAndTeed and cybervampira like this.
  3. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

4. tlneedham

5. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Google Maps

That is about 150 miles of woods, hills and nothing nice if you have to search for someone lost there! Oh, I hope they find Debbie!

6. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

There's very little to go on here. LE did not provide her age, height, or what kind of car she had (or alternative means of travel if she didn't). Her social media doesn't reveal much either, no FB friends (unless there's some way to make that a private setting) no photos of anyone but herself and no description of employment.

7. tlneedham

Sadly, I believe this may be her: Debbie Lynn McConnell Obituary - Glen Burnie, MD | ObitTree™

The mom’s first name and Staunton, VA location, growing up in PA, sister’s death—several details in the obit match up to the details in this article I found about her. https://www.google.com/amp/s/kensingtonblues.com/2018/01/14/follow-up-debbie-mcconnell/amp/

ETA: I found her mom’s FB page (last name the same as the one in the article, not the obit), which has photos of Debbie, and an announcement that she indeed has passed away.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    EA18G, joijoi12, doodles1211 and 2 others like this.
  8. thordis

thordis Active Member

Thank you, tlneedham, for looking further into her life. I used to work in the area described in the article, and it is a harsh reminder of what becomes of many people's lives.

EA18G and tlneedham like this.