GUILTY VA - Dorothy Sullivan, 82, mauled to death by dogs, 8 March 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Amraann, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

Pit Bull Owner Convicted of Manslaughter

By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20051223T013222Z"));3 hours agoUPDATED 2 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGO

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - A dog owner was convicted of involuntary manslaughter Thursday for allowing her pit bulls to run loose and kill an 82-year-old woman.

Deanna Large, 37, was found guilty in the death of Dorothy Sullivan, who was attacked March 8 by three pit bulls while she took her shih tzu for a walk.

The jury recommended Large serve three years in prison. The judge has the option to reduce the sentence, but cannot increase it when Large is sentenced Feb. 24.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2005/12/22/289649.html

2. Loading...

3. michelle

michelle Joy comes in the Morning

wow....

4. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

Hopefully that will be a wakeup call for the other irresponsible pit bull owners. They should be held accountable for the death and destruction their dogs cause.

:behindbar

5. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

At one time she had 13 pit bulls living in her doublewide trailer....I would be afraid to visit her!

6. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

I would be afraid to be her living with that many pit bulls. Her life was in danger and she probably didn't even know it.

7. aussiegran

aussiegran New Member

:eek: 13 in a double trailer ,she is lucky they didnt turn on her ,why would anyone own 13 ,I wonder if she bred them for fighting.:mad: