VA - Eight-Year-Old Left Home Alone Over Holiday Weekend

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Indy Anna, May 26, 2015.

1. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

<<snipped>> SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – An 8-year-old boy was allegedly left home alone for the Memorial Day weekend while his mother traveled out of state.

Kionna Moret, 27, is now facing charges of child neglect and child endangerment after someone called police to report her son being left to fend for himself Saturday.

Read more at ...

http://wavy.com/2015/05/24/mom-allegedly-leaves-son-alone-for-holiday-weekend/

Kudos to the woman who noticed something wasn't right and questioned the boy, and then notified authorities.

The mother told the boy he was old enough to stay by himself because he took Taekwondo!!! A lot of good that would do in the case of an armed intruder, fire or accident.

2. Loading...

3. Hoosgirl

Hoosgirl Well-Known Member

And she knew it was wrong, because according to that article, she told him she would beat him if he told!

4. sallye818

sallye818 Active Member

Great job to the lady who notified authorities...Mom is lucky something didn't happen to him like Caitlyn in TX.

5. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

6. wendybtn

7. wendybtn

I was trying to find how the child endangerment charges were adjudicated but no luck.

8. Hoosgirl

Hoosgirl Well-Known Member

9. PowMom01

PowMom01 Active Member

I wouldn't count on CPS to keep him safe. I feel so bad for him. He obviously has a rough home life. I wish he had some stable family members that could help him and mom out.