VA VA - Falls Church, Popular Drive, BlkFem 18-35, UP6628, shot, clothes, scars, May'90

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UP6628, forgot to add the case number to thread

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberN1990-33153
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)18-35
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMIHours
Height5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight158 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundMay 9, 1990
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 2, 2010
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
LocationFalls Church, Virginia 22046
CountyFalls Church City
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoveryA jogger found a body of a black female on the street next to the curb of Popular Drive in Falls Church Va. The decedent had multiple gunshot wounds. Interval between death & discovery is hours.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack with reddish ends
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Finger and toe nails
Short fingernails

Scar/mark
One inch scar left forearm, 1/4 inch oval scar on right third finger, 3/4 inch scar right knee and 1 1/2 inch scar left knee.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Denim shirt, bra, jeans, and panties.
On the Body

Clothing
none
Near the Body

Eyewear
none
On the Body

Footwear
none
On the Body

Jewelry
none
On the Body

Street view

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Wow, I used to live around 2 minutes from where the UID was found. It’s a very residential and affluent area, which makes me think she may have been killed elsewhere and dumped in Falls Church, although it is an odd place to dispose of a body. I’m not exactly sure what it was like in 1990, but there are a number of large apartment complexes within a 10 minute drive, some of which have had a number of gang-related homicides and other violence going back to the early 2000s.

Good find Victoria,

Some much for "Condition of RemainsNot recognizable"

Lets see who she could be.

It think she looks alot like Jeannette Millbrook that went missing from Georgia in mars 1990. However the height is off, JD was 5'8 and JM around 5'3 to 5'5 but she was only 15 when she went missing.

JD has a scar on belly button area but not JD.

She also went missing with her twin sister Dannette. However, they both look very diffrent so if thi sis a match it should be for Jeannette.

I do think they look a like, especially on the nose. But I am not 100 convinced.

Other options could be, Sparky Wilson. 13, Missing april 1990 from Pittsburgh, PA. However, there is no photo for comparsion.

Elaine Ford, went missing just one day before JD was found on may 8 from Cleveland, Ohio. She don't look alike IMO but I think JD nose may be swollen.

Another possability is Stephanie Griffin

Missing from Florida September 28, 1989,she does look a bit alike. But she's only 5'2

Michelle Louise Harley
DLC: July 20, 1989
Missing from: Oakland Park, FL
Missing Age: 22
Height: 5'8"
*NOTE: Oakland Park is quite far from VA, but the Doe Network page says her vehicle was found in salvage yard in Baltimore, MD. the height matches. Michelle weighs less than the UID, and she went missing with her vehicle in the company of an unknown male.
11301_70643.jpg

Donna is said to have a mole on her "lift"? The picture makes it look like she has a mole on the lower left side of her face. The postmortem for the Jane Doe shows something on her chin. But it could be anything given the state in which she was found...

Another interesting thing to note... she went missing only w hours away from where this jane doe was found..

Doesn't explain the date discrepancy though...

I actually wonder if she might be Donna Marie Crudup
Jane Doe is listed on Donna's exclusion list, however Donna is not listed on Jane Does exclusion list. I have seen this in the past on another Virginia UID. I checked out the rule out lists of cases suggested in here. JD is also on Jeanette Millbrook and Michelle Harvey's rule out list, but neither of those two are on JDs list. Can anyone else check the MPs rule out lists to make sure its not some sort of glitch on my end?

Jane Doe is listed on Donna's exclusion list, however Donna is not listed on Jane Does exclusion list. I have seen this in the past on another Virginia UID. I checked out the rule out lists of cases suggested in here. JD is also on Jeanette Millbrook and Michelle Harvey's rule out list, but neither of those two are on JDs list. Can anyone else check the MPs rule out lists to make sure its not some sort of glitch on my end?
What does that mean when it is excluded on one but not the other?

Her body was located in Falls Church, VA, inside the Capital Beltway (I-495). Major thoroughfare in and around the DC area and MD and VA suburbs. Multiple interchanges with other highly travelled interstates/roads and has been for decades. Poplar Ave is within 2-3 miles of I-495, I-66, Highways 29, 50, and 7 and others.

1667779659866.png

1667779627281.png

A couple of articles that reference this young lady. Did want to mention, while she may be "recognizable", multiple gunshot wounds to the head can certainly mar her appearance and recognizability. This would seem intuitive but I have seen cases where a father did not recognize his son (a John Doe) from a photo because of the gases built up by the bullet, contact distance, etc.

The Daily News (Staunton, VA), 29 May 90, pg 5 (references to this young lady in the article)
1685987512370.png

Daily Press, 3 Jun 90, pg 50 (she is referenced in this article, particularly at the end)
1685987651721.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288