GUILTY VA - Genevieve 'Gini' Orange, 29, raped & murdered, Falls Church, 25 Sept 2008

I caught one of those in KY just a few minutes ago myself, but had not checked the birthdate etc yet. Great job! Found another one listed in Sarasota, FL age 42...can't find anything else on him tho.

OT: Enjoy the wedding!!

I agree that we will find more drug convictions, but I would be very surprised if the drug convictions were the half of it. Between the records in Culpepper, Fairfax and Arlington in Virginia he has a lot of violent charges, assault, battery, malicious wounding, abduction, breaking and entering, etc. This isn't new for him since 98. He probably has violent offenses from way back, just not here!

I caught one of those in KY just a few minutes ago myself, but had not checked the birthdate etc yet. Great job! Found another one listed in Sarasota, FL age 42...can't find anything else on him tho.

OT: Enjoy the wedding!!

I ran down the Sarasota one, and the phone listing does not jive to the same name, even though the address does.

I sincerely believe that the KY addresses are linked to him, and I have 2 others in VA.

HRCodePink has somewhat local ties to the area so she has pretty tight resources to agree with what we are all saying so far, that he seems to have a past somewhere else..

If anyone is reading this that is familiar with this person- can you give us an insight as to how thick of an accent he had? (Southern- if he had one)..

How noticable was it to the general populous there?

HRCODEPINK is at her wits end. I have been digging on this guy for three days and have yet to find anything more since Friday other than him working at Safeway. Not a very juicy nugget. I am so frustrated, I have never had so much trouble looking someone up, however, there may be a Colorado Springs connection, but nothing I can validate. Lots of dead ends.

It is maddening, isn't it?! You know he has to be out there somewhere. Some states don't have access to their criminal records. I checked out OK and he wasn't here that I can find under his name or variations of his name.

It seems that Mark Eric Lawlor is nonexistent prior to 1998 in Virginia. It almost looks like he was put into the witness protection program by the Feds and just cannot keep his nose clean. Very odd. There's just no stuff anywhere about him.

This guy is out there somewhere before then. The problem is that he wasn't known for anything except crimes and they didn't make news headlines until now. Sifting through state by state is just difficult. I wish that every court record popped up independently when you googled it. Would make this so much easier!

This guy is out there somewhere before then. The problem is that he wasn't known for anything except crimes and they didn't make news headlines until now. Sifting through state by state is just difficult. I wish that every court record popped up independently when you googled it. Would make this so much easier!

I would make it a ton easier if every court record under this person's name popped up when you Googled it. I am learning that it is a pain to sift through these records state by state or even county by county (like Virginia). I haven't done much sleuthing, but I am trying to learn. :confused:

Has anyone searched Craigs lists personals? Or Match.com type sites on him. Just a thought as I was reading through this. Try to google in the address on Craigs list!!

It seems that Mark Eric Lawlor is nonexistent prior to 1998 in Virginia. It almost looks like he was put into the witness protection program by the Feds and just cannot keep his nose clean. Very odd. There's just no stuff anywhere about him.

Lest anyone from his camp read this, there is no such thing as reinventing ones self from a criminal past, so please:

Know who you were and who you pretended to be will come out; it always does.

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks. When I returned I had a thank you note from Marilyn Orange for the flowers we sent and for our son flying up for the burial. In her note, Marilyn stated that "I wish we'd known more about this Mark guy and John as well." Does anyone know what "John" she's talking about?

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks. When I returned I had a thank you note from Marilyn Orange for the flowers we sent and for our son flying up for the burial. In her note, Marilyn stated that "I wish we'd known more about this Mark guy and John as well." Does anyone know what "John" she's talking about?

Wish we knew! This guy is untraceable! Been digging on him for days.

I don't have any idea who John is. I might hazard a guess that he is the other on site manager at the Prestwick. Lawlor was the 'assistant' manager or leasing agent. There is another one there who is likely his immediate supervisor. Perhaps he is this John.

Well Basket, I may. There is one I have researched that I can confirm is attached to MEL. At this point, I hesitate to post his info here, until I an connect him to Gini incident per se.
Thank you for posting that.

If anyone knows more info on this John person, and is tied to this case, please let us know. I will work on this further tomorrow.

I hadn't kept up with Gini's murder until today and let me just say how completely shocked I am. How can these companies be so negligent? ALL residents in the building should be aware it is being used as transitional housing for offenders of things like abduction, breaking and entering, etc especially if the management co. is givng KEYS to all the residents apts!!! Surely there is a law that requires them to divulge that info.
My Super does not have keys to my apt. That seems pretty standard in NYC. Only YOU have a key and if the super needs it for some reason - like when he painted while I was on vacation - you drop it off and pick it up. The keys are specially made so they cannot be copied.

This case reminds me of the woman who was a business trip and was found murdered in her Days Inn hotel room. Turns out, some punk they had just hired who had a criminal record and had only been on the job for a few days was given keys to every hotel room. He entered her room and raped and killed her.

I really hope Gini's family sues the crap out the management company. This was completely avoidable. It makes me SO mad. They haven't even put a statement out apologizing, taking some responsibility or anything.

I hadn't kept up with Gini's murder until today and let me just say how completely shocked I am. How can these companies be so negligent? ALL residents in the building should be aware it is being used as transitional housing for offenders of things like abduction, breaking and entering, etc especially if the management co. is givng KEYS to all the residents apts!!! Surely there is a law that requires them to divulge that info.
My Super does not have keys to my apt. That seems pretty standard in NYC. Only YOU have a key and if the super needs it for some reason - like when he painted while I was on vacation - you drop it off and pick it up. The keys are specially made so they cannot be copied.

This case reminds me of the woman who was a business trip and was found murdered in her Days Inn hotel room. Turns out, some punk they had just hired who had a criminal record and had only been on the job for a few days was given keys to every hotel room. He entered her room and raped and killed her.

I really hope Gini's family sues the crap out the management company. This was completely avoidable. It makes me SO mad. They haven't even put a statement out apologizing, taking some responsibility or anything.

I agree Gaia-

however it is my understanding the "transitional housing" was following participation in a drug and alcohol program. Not transitional from the felony conviction itself. Although, he already had a failure in a previous recovery program so I am clueless..
The agency who transitioned this guy HAS made a statement (dont ask me to find it although now I will have to..) that they have agreements and lease housing through their agency for people in their program all the time.

I see this guy as a white hot risk (obviously) BEFORE not alerting residents. Someone took a chance on this guy, which should not have happened. I dont know this as a fact yet, but I have a feeling this guy preyed on her kindness and innocence in some way. Not picking on the good state of Virginia, but their public records system is extremely difficult to navigate, and that's if you can acess some records at all. If I were a resident, that would concern me greatly.

I cant shake the feeling that this guy very well may have chosen to relocate to this state for that very reason, still digging.

Thanks Blink. I mis-read the whole transitional housing issue. I still think the management agency should alert their tenants - I would want to know.

I am glad the agency at least put out a statement. I was referring to the management company of the apt. building - have we heard anything from them yet? The article stated they were not answering their phones or returning messages.

It is just so scary to think that you are in your own home, where you feel safe and in reality there are several people who have unlimited access to your apt. Next time I rent anywhere I will definetly ask if anyone besides myself will have a key and if yes, then I want their name so I can do a background check on them.

Thanks Blink. I mis-read the whole transitional housing issue. I still think the management agency should alert their tenants - I would want to know.

I am glad the agency at least put out a statement. I was referring to the management company of the apt. building - have we heard anything from them yet? The article stated they were not answering their phones or returning messages.

It is just so scary to think that you are in your own home, where you feel safe and in reality there are several people who have unlimited access to your apt. Next time I rent anywhere I will definetly ask if anyone besides myself will have a key and if yes, then I want their name so I can do a background check on them.

Gaia- good for you, do that and a SO registry check too..
To my knowledge, the Berkshire Properties, has NOT made a statement at all. I do believe they are being flooded by tenant inquiries, as they should expect.

Has anyone searched Craigs lists personals? Or Match.com type sites on him. Just a thought as I was reading through this. Try to google in the address on Craigs list!!

This dating profile looks like it belongs to ML. Much of it matches his MySpace profile. I found this by googling <"Mark Lawlor" + "Falls Church">.
http://www.wireclub.com/Users/mark465

It doesn't look like there was much activity though. There is only one blog entry, which was posted in January.
http://www.wireclub.com/Blogs/mark465

The profile says he was living with a roommate. Perhaps this might be the John you're seeking to identify?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back