VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an account right now, buut Facebook's new search is very advanced, and I'm pretty sure you can literally type in "People who worked at McDonalds in [location] in [year]", or some combination of those terms and then filter the search results

How can I post a picture on here? I have a new picture of Jason from 1994.

How can I post a picture on here? I have a new picture of Jason from 1994.

Click on reply to thread, you want the advanced option. You will see a globe with link, an envelope, another globe then a photo, click the photo to upload from computer, or under the post icons you'll see manage attachments, click that; then add files top right, browse for it then select upload; make sure you hit done in the bottom right corner.

I have just seen the photos.

I'll wait for plunder to upload them, as they are his photos.

But my heart stopped. I'm sure you are all going to feel the same..

I have just seen the photos.

I'll wait for plunder to upload them, as they are his photos.

But my heart stopped. I'm sure you are all going to feel the same..

Wow! This is the most promising lead I've seen yet.

We are working on that right now, shadowdancer.

I have just emailed G and am waiting to receive some more information. Will post as soon as I have it.

Also, please do not share Jason's photo around just yet. I am waiting for permission to do so, and I want to make sure that everyone is comfortable with this first.

Just made contact with G - Can't remember his surname, but is about to tell me details of how they first met.

Please don't share Jason's photo around just yet. I would like to get permission for us to post it post it elsewhere :) Thanks!

Also j123, do you mind if I use that composite you just created when I forward it on to people? It's very helpful!

Feel free, greymetal; I saw your post and then deleted it, but then when I started writing this reply I saw your comment to me :angel: Should I repost it, or would you prefer if I privately message it to you?

Sure thing! I would say repost it, we have permission to post them here :D :D

Want to see how you all feel about this.

I want to update Imgur and Reddit with the photos that we now have. I have permission to do so by the owners of the photo. If we can bring as much attention to GD the second time, we may find out a bit more about this 'Jason', who he is, and whether or not he is our doe.

I am fearful though. What if this Jason is alive and we are sharing his photos around the internet?

Furthermore, what if this Jason is our doe, and one of his loved ones finds out that he is deceased from the internet?

What do you think?

I have to head offline for about an hour or so right now. I will return later, and judging on the opinions I receive, will go from there as to what I post and how I update.

Want to see how you all feel about this.

I want to update Imgur and Reddit with the photos that we now have. I have permission to do so by the owners of the photo. If we can bring as much attention to GD the second time, we may find out a bit more about this 'Jason', who he is, and whether or not he is our doe.

I am fearful though. What if this Jason is alive and we are sharing his photos around the internet?

Furthermore, what if this Jason is our doe, and one of his loved ones finds out that he is deceased from the internet?

What do you think?

I have to head offline for about an hour or so right now. I will return later, and judging on the opinions I receive, will go from there as to what I post and how I update.

I think you should do it. It's very unlikely that "if" this person is not Grateful Doe in the photo that they would be upset by you sharing a photo from their youth.

More than likely this would help crack the case, once and for all. If "G" really has a sense of who this kid was the thinks this could be him, this picture will pull all the piece together once it's gets out to the right people.

For example....maybe someone who was around U of I that summer remembers Jason's full name.

I think that, if this is Jason, any of Jason's loved ones who would be upset by discovering this information have been desperate to know where he is, and would ultimately be grateful for this closure after 20 (!!!) years. No matter who Grateful Doe is, it seems very unlikely that he's even registered on any missing persons networks, so I don't in the least think you'd be doing anything wrong.

I say post away! You've been doing really, really great work. I've been so excited since last night about this and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

The way I see it is that with this lead, the worst case scenario is that some old friends might be re-united.

Myrtle Beach is about 4 hours from Inman, SC, where Eric was headed. If this Jason was on 95 or in the Richmond area trying to get home to MB, hitching a ride to Inman really wouldn't put him much closer than he already was. Of course, he could have just heard South Carolina and assumed he'd end up close to MB.

I agree the drawing really does look like him. Wow.

There really is such a discrepancy between the original cast/sketch and the new render of Grateful Doe. I actually kind of dislike those realistic ones, because the technology has come so far that they're creating images that could literally look like an actual human being who has walked this earth. The sketches on the other hand have an inherent inhuman quality about them which I think encourages people to think about the specific features and connect the dots in their head, rather than having it done for you in a relatively arbitrary way. That's not to say they're not still great, but I wonder if the old way isn't more effective?

Not that it has much bearing on the issue at hand. Thanks for the imgur post, grey. I'll be eagerly refreshing this page all night (and morning) again to see what happens :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288