VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still cant figure out why he thinks that?

B.C. is in Canada, maybe he was thinking of Quebec, which also is in Canada, but some might get the impression that it is not. jmo

I personally doubt he's from Canada. I think we just haven't found his people yet or his recons do not resemble him

That could also be a faded henna tattoo...

I would hope the ME could tell the difference between a henna & real tattoo

But have DNA in the system.

See below

Do they automatically rule them out with this system? or does someone have to suggest to cross reference the two? And if he has been cross referenced through this system, shouldn't he also be on the rule out page for grateful doe? Always been a little bit confused on that. I also think that not only should the Doe pages have the MP rule outs listed. but the missing persons page should have the Doe rule outs also.

No, there is no auto rule outs. The NamUs entry DNA Available only means that someone holds the DNA; it does not mean they have been run through the same system. Even if they have been run, it will suggest UP or MP that will need to be manually checked. Todd Matthews recently explained it to those of us running the state FB pages for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law. I do not know if we are allowed to copy & share, have been too busy to even ask.

Any potential match needs to be turned in. I'm hearing that Grateful Doe's ME is very busy so I suggest turning it into the missing person's case worker

Re- the crummy faded tat- I have friends in the age range as GDoe who have terrible home-made tattoos...Some fade with time. My money is on old faded home tat.

Hate to say it but maybe this kid had very few AND sketchy family members- the only ones who might remember to look for him are either incarcerated, avoiding Law Enforcement or dead themselves. I've met some insane and warrant-bearing Deadheads from the Eastern Seaboard in my day.

No, there is no auto rule outs. The NamUs entry DNA Available only means that someone holds the DNA; it does not mean they have been run through the same system. Even if they have been run, it will suggest UP or MP that will need to be manually checked. Todd Matthews recently explained it to those of us running the state FB pages for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law. I do not know if we are allowed to copy & share, have been too busy to even ask.

Any potential match needs to be turned in. I'm hearing that Grateful Doe's ME is very busy so I suggest turning it into the missing person's case worker

Let me elaborate; even if an MPs DNA is run; it doesn't mean the UPs DNA is available to be matched. Take Margos UP DNA; it was not set to be matched unless a request was made. When Margo's family DNA was uploaded; it never even made the suggestion because it wasn't there. I'm on my cell so this is condensed

Hello Fellow Sleuthers,

I have been following several cases over the past few months here on websleuths. Grateful Jason Doe being one them. As well as the girl known as Suzanne Davis/Sharon Marshall/Tonya Hughes. Recently it was discovered that Suzanne/Sharon/Tonya was one of the missing children of the Sevakis Family from North Carolina. She has finally been identified as Suzanne Marie Sevakis thru DNA testing.
http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog/finally

However there is still a child missing from this family. When Franklin Floyd took Suzanne to raise as his own he was in custody of all 4 of the Sevakis children. Two of the daughters were later found within the Social Service System. But Suzanne and the infant son were still missing. The mother who was serving a 30 day jail term when they went missing, tried to file kidnapping charges against the step-father (Floyd) that took them. However law enforcement didn't believe it to be an issues back in 1975 as he was their step father. So no official kidnapping or missing person report was ever made for the two that remained missing.

The son who was an infant at the time is still missing. My questions...

Is it possible that Franklin Floyd sold the boy to someone? If so would those parents come forward if that child they paid for went missing? Would they not want to identify him if he had died tragically in an accident? So the bigger question is could Jason Grateful Doe be the missing Sevakis Boy? Maybe Floyd put him into an orphanage too and he grew up without knowing any parents?

Added Side by Side pictures of Suzanne Sevakis and Jason Doe reconstructions. I see a similarity. Is it just me?
attachment.php
Great post. Have you sent in that tip?

Great post. Have you sent in that tip?

Yes I have. I left the ME a message a few days ago. Mentioned to look for my email I sent to the main email address I had for his office. In the email I linked this websleuths page. Can only hope he looks into it when he has some time.

Yes I have. I left the ME a message a few days ago. Mentioned to look for my email I sent to the main email address I had for his office. In the email I linked this websleuths page. Can only hope he looks into it when he has some time.

For the future; not sure I would mention WS. There are a few members that have given all of us a bad reputation with LE & NamUs

169 pounds seems a little heavy for a 5 8''young guy, could he actually be a bit chubby or quite muscular? imo..

Not necessarily. He is probably not skinny but I don't think he must have been perceived as chubby. I know a lot of men with roughly the same weight and height who would not be seen as either very muscular nor chubby.

As a comparison people often estimate my weight to be 15-20 kg lower than it actually is. This is extreme but is due to the fact that I have short legs and long upper body and while I am a bit chubby I am also quite muscular which totally screws up my perceived weight compared to my actual weight.

I remember this case and will read over all the posts/threads soon. Surprised and saddened to see this one hasn't been solved.

Hey Stinneb - That's my post.

Head on over to the post 'Regroup' - It has all the up to date information!

Oh and I hope this link hasn't already been posted. I was just so excited to see the resemblance between this person and the composite sketches. Of course this could be the work of trolls, but if not then it might very well be Jason doe.

Myrtle Beach High school yearbooks could be helpful if anyone is from the area.

Somehow I got the impression someone said his faded tattoo could be of Bambi. Did I make that up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member