VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that familiar with the Grateful Dead... what sort of band was it? what sort of person would be a fan?

I agree, but still it is easier to solve that jigsaw puzzle than this one where we are left on our own. We are forced to believe that he looks similar to that picture that some art expert has drawn. Well, I don't like that, as far as I'm concerned Grateful Doe won't be grateful to us, as long as we don't see real him, even if that means bits and pieces of him :( And for God's sake Grateful Doe, if you had just decided to fasten that belt, this will be walk in a park for everyone involved here :)

I'm not that familiar with the Grateful Dead... what sort of band was it? what sort of person would be a fan?

They are a jam band originated in the '60s. At one point they were extremely famous in the States and known for nonstop touring in which hardcore fans a.k.a Deadheads, would follow the band on tour, taking in numerous shows and living on the road while doing so. This isn't to say these people were all transient or didn't have responsibilities. Many took time off work, were students between semesters, etc. but it is not uncommon to take in more than a single show thus Grateful Doe's duo of tickets for different dates. People also sold goods as a way to make a living and continue traveling with the band. In the beginning, the audience was part of the psychedelic drug movement but later generations were't really about this and it was phased out by the time our guy was even born.

What is so strange to me is Deadheads were one of the first niche groups to migrate their community online. While anyone was welcomed at the show, the sense of community was so strong I know Grateful Doe HAD to have interacted with people there. This leads me to believe the rendering looks nothing like our guy.

P.S. Longtime lurker, first time poster and this is one of the cases I've read here that resurfaces in my mind at least weekly. An average person just trying to have a good time and live and then their life ends. Truly tragic.

I wish at least they could have multiple reconstruction artist look at the morgue photo and each come up with what they believe he would look like. That way, we could get several points of views, I mean the original recon and the newer one look NOTHING alike IMO, so maybe some fresh eyes and new perspectives could bring some insight.

I am new to this thread but I have read through alot of the comments in both threads and I felt I needed to add this info.. please excuse me if it has allready been said... I think the over focus on the area code and the "caroline"s is not the way to go.. In the Grateful Dead Community there are people that travel all over the country. the 914 prefix could have been from any of the possibilities and doesnt mean that it is where jason is from . also there is a good possibility that neither of the girls was actually named Caroline. This could be a name they had taken from any interpretation of things, a name from a song or a lyric, calling them Caroline because of Caroline Garcia. In this counter culture it is very common for people to be more wimsical and have freeer thought than in the real world. Also it is a very communal group.. they travel light, can trade services, skills, items, for almost anything at the next show or venue, so its not necessary to carry much , something as simple as being a juggler, or a dancer, or a singer, he could carry nothing with him and still acquire everything he needs at each show, also its possible someone did not see him purchase the shirt or the tickets, they could have been traded to him or gifted to him (another common occurance at these shows) often people go to the show without a ticket and recieve a "miracle" ticket from someone. there are so many variables that I think may be being overlooked or misleading due simply to a lack of understanding of the culture. I know from personal experience that I met someone at a show and gave them a ride to a bus station after and the guys name was rain and he was telling me how he had been born on the road with the grateful dead ( his parents followed the dead as well) and he had been homeschooled on the road, he was now a teenager and I met him at the further festival and this was right after jerry died and he had no idea what he was going to do ( I could see how someone like this could easily dissapear , so i could see how Jason could also)

Hm...but the chance of scoring TWO miracle tickets? Not likely IMHO.

Hm...but the chance of scoring TWO miracle tickets? Not likely IMHO.

Never know, miracles DO happen. I have seen it happen many times. The other thing that is common is to wait by the gates and if someone exits early, ask for their ticket to try and get in. The standard line is "I had to give the dog water, they said I could come back in". Some places allow return into the venue, others such as Shoreline, etc. do not. Once you are out, you are out. But, people still try. Coming in possession of a ticket does NOT mean he even saw the show. People pick up tickets off the ground and try to "re-enter". But, Miracles do happen. :)

Hello Fellow Sleuthers,

I have been following several cases over the past few months here on websleuths. Grateful Jason Doe being one them. As well as the girl known as Suzanne Davis/Sharon Marshall/Tonya Hughes. Recently it was discovered that Suzanne/Sharon/Tonya was one of the missing children of the Sevakis Family from North Carolina. She has finally been identified as Suzanne Marie Sevakis thru DNA testing.
http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog/finally

However there is still a child missing from this family. When Franklin Floyd took Suzanne to raise as his own he was in custody of all 4 of the Sevakis children. Two of the daughters were later found within the Social Service System. But Suzanne and the infant son were still missing. The mother who was serving a 30 day jail term when they went missing, tried to file kidnapping charges against the step-father (Floyd) that took them. However law enforcement didn't believe it to be an issues back in 1975 as he was their step father. So no official kidnapping or missing person report was ever made for the two that remained missing.

The son who was an infant at the time is still missing. My questions...

Is it possible that Franklin Floyd sold the boy to someone? If so would those parents come forward if that child they paid for went missing? Would they not want to identify him if he had died tragically in an accident? So the bigger question is could Jason Grateful Doe be the missing Sevakis Boy? Maybe Floyd put him into an orphanage too and he grew up without knowing any parents?

Added Side by Side pictures of Suzanne Sevakis and Jason Doe reconstructions. I see a similarity. Is it just me?
attachment.php

It's time to publish autopsy photos if they really want to solve this case. I don't care how bad it looks, if the brain matter is spilling out, someone will probably recognize him. This reconstruction is just a wild guessing, he probably looks completely different. Seriously, that has to be done. Forget about that note, which wasn't found in his pocket but in close proximity of the vehicle, that also has to be said! Forget about that too regular star tatoo on his arm. All we know about him after all these years is that he was maybe on Grateful Dead concert, we cannot even say that he was a fan and we know that apparently no one cares about him, except us? How tragical is that? Give us that photos in a last ditch effort to solve this case.

I agree with this.

No matter how mangled my face is, I'm sure certain members of my family (especially my mom) could recognize me by my body alone.
Even other things no one thinks of, the hairline, ears, eyebrows, chin shape etc.
there are also other parts of the body. I can look at pics that only show my grandmothers hands and know they are hers. I think everyone has a distinguishing characteristic that is personal to them.

Just MOO, but there is something "off" about this that NOONE recognizes him after almost 20 years???!!!! Having said that, I went to NAMUS and expanded height and age slightly for MPs.

Looking at Namus- I put in a height of 67-70 inches for male MPs and expanded the age. NAMUS returned 80 possibles-many have already been ruled out. BUT I keep coming back to these three men for some reason.

MP Jefferson Arms, missing 1992 from NY, age 22. "DNA tests not complete"
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8148/48/

NamUs - National Missing Persons Data System - Jefferson Arms - MP # 8148
FINDTHEMISSING.ORG

This is MP Possible #2- since he is from Australia it would explain why no one in the US seems to recognize Grateful Doe. Afif Sayegh was last seen in NYC in January 1995. Link: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19233/6/

Also Eric Gammelgard, missing from Placer County CA 1992. Link:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3904/46/ Eric could have easily shaved his mustache off.

None of the 3: Jefferson Arms, Afif Sayegh, or Eric Gammelgard are on the ruleout list.

BTW, the DNA samples for Shai Gitlis are now complete. Mr Gitlis is another possible.

Part of me thinks that he doesn't even look like any of the released pictures.

Just MOO, but there is something "off" about this that NOONE recognizes him after almost 20 years???!!!! Having said that, I went to NAMUS and expanded height and age slightly for MPs.

Looking at Namus- I put in a height of 67-70 inches for male MPs and expanded the age. NAMUS returned 80 possibles-many have already been ruled out. BUT I keep coming back to these three men for some reason.

MP Jefferson Arms, missing 1992 from NY, age 22. "DNA tests not complete"
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8148/48/

NamUs - National Missing Persons Data System - Jefferson Arms - MP # 8148
FINDTHEMISSING.ORG

This is MP Possible #2- since he is from Australia it would explain why no one in the US seems to recognize Grateful Doe. Afif Sayegh was last seen in NYC in January 1995. Link: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19233/6/

Also Eric Gammelgard, missing from Placer County CA 1992. Link:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3904/46/ Eric could have easily shaved his mustache off.

None of the 3: Jefferson Arms, Afif Sayegh, or Eric Gammelgard are on the ruleout list.

BTW, the DNA samples for Shai Gitlis are now complete. Mr Gitlis is another possible.

You've been around here long enough to compare it to other cases. Look at Sharon Marshall. There was a book about her that her bio family missed.
I don't think he's from outside the US; I think he has not been reported missing .

You've been around here long enough to compare it to other cases. Look at Sharon Marshall. There was a book about her that her bio family missed.
I don't think he's from outside the US; I think he has not been reported missing .

Yes I posted a page back about Sharon Marshall. The book was A beautiful Child by Matt Birkback. She has now been positively IDed as
Suzanne Marie Sevakis missing since 1975 North Carolina. She was kidnapped by American Death Row Inmate Franklin Floyd. He married Suzanne's Mother in 1975 using an alias and while she was doing 30days of jail time for a minor crime, he took off with all 4 of her children. Two daughters were found in local social services not long after her release. Suzanne was raised as Franklin Floys own daughter under several alias (Sharon Marshall was most common) and has finally been IDed. However the INFANT SON SEVAKIS HAS NOT BEEN FOUND. Because Floyd who married the mother (under an alias), It was not considered kidnapping being the children's Step-Father. No official report for Suzanne or the son Sevakis were ever made. Wonder if they will now make a missing persons case for this Sevakis boy, knowing what they do now about Floyd.

I think Grateful Doe should be tested against this family. He was hitching a ride south. The driver of the vehicle he was in, was headed to South Carolina, through North Carolina. Sevakis boy who was an infant in 1975 would be the right age range and may have still grown up in the nearby states he is missing from. And if he was raised in the social services system, Orphanages and Foster Care, He may not have had a consistent family in his life. Thus no one reporting him missing after he became an adult. Maybe they can Check Michael Anthony Hughes DNA against Grateful Doe? Michael Hughes is Suzanne Sevakis kidnapped son who is still missing since 1994. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hughes_michael.html.

MysticJynx,

Did you call in your theory re Grateful Doe and Suzanne's infant brother to the Virginia State ME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak