VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really shocked that they are expecting some results back late this afternoon.

That is extremely rare and very fast.

It usually takes many weeks to get lab results returned.

The only two cases I can remember that the lab did return the results very quickly was the Heinz mass murder case in Georgia and the Gee mass murder case in Illinois.

That is very rare though.

IMO
I said all this at 2pm today on here. Jean C and Mike G from HLN said it would not be finished today. She said they were working at the lab 24/7 to get this done. Said they had clothes now too. Jean had called the lab. I guess this thread moves so fast, people are skipping. I thought it would save some stressing!:loveyou:

Link? It was LE/Longo himself that said results would be in today...

I said all this at 2pm today on here. Jean C and Mike G from HLN said it would not be finished today. She said they were working at the lab 24/7 to get this done. Said they had clothes now too. Jean had called the lab. I guess this thread moves so fast, people are skipping. I thought it would save some stressing!:loveyou:

A blessing and a curse if no forensics evidence shows up. Clearly the best of all worlds is that HG is alive and well somewhere.

Telling us that they found no forensic evidence would be a new development, though. I am saying that I think the PC might not say anything new.

Happy belated to you too dear!! My boss's wife gave birth that day - it's magical :)

Side note: IIRC, not only is September the most common birth month, but September 16th is the most common birth date in the US. Not too far off.

The news channel here actually did the beeping-breaking news with a message at the bottom of the screen, just now. :thinking:

I completely agree with you. I mean, he could very well be responsible for what happened to HG. That doesn't mean we have to read malice into aspects of his life that speak mostly to his socio-economic status, it is a little too close to social darwinism to me.

I think it is more just confirmation bias. As soon as LE portrayed him as guilty, then that is sufficient for many to also view him as guilty. Once they see him as guilty then every aspect of his life is now viewed through a negative 'guilty' lens. The belief that guilty people are bad people leads people to then assess every aspect from how bad he is. Anything good is written off (his friends don't really know him, nothing they say is valid). His car being old, working an entry level job - all that becomes 'proof' of what a bad guy he is. People look at things from a perspective that supports what they already believe. And if anything is said that isn't bashing JM, then that gets attacked as those people being anti LE and disrespectful, because it doesn't confirm the bias that the is guilty. Part of human nature.

Its not.You might have missed the part about taken as a whole in the rush to pick this post part or to take offense. If so, none was intended, I assure you.I also never said anything about a non-physican or a non-nurse, I commented on the fact that it was an entry-level job.

If you focus on the larger picture as a whole you would expect a 33 year old to have his act a little more together and to be a bit farther along in life IMO.

I don't mean to be disagreeable, but I totally disagree that it's immature to take a job as a transporter as a hospital. My mother is very ill and thank GOD for the sweet, Philipino 50-something man who helped her into and out of the bathroom and cleaned her off each time during her last hospitalization. And it always brightened my day to see the the gentle and cheerful African-American man who came in to clean the room. People in hospitals that don't have college degrees often have as big an impact on patient care as nurses or doctors. Sorry, off my soapbox now. I also didn't agree with some of the other things (like that we know he has impulse control problems based on a couple incidents and some gossip), but the characterization of his job stuck out as unfair.

Side note: IIRC correctly, not only is September the most common birth month, but September 16th is the most common birth date in the US. Not too far off.

Ha, must be all that New Years lovin ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since they have made it clear all long that they believe JM is guilty of whatever happened to Hannah, I wonder what they will charge him with, assuming he is now in custody. If he continues to assert he is innocent and they don't have a body, I wonder if the if the evidence they have that makes them so sure of his guilt is enough to charge him with kidnapping / murder and if they will state the charges tonight.

i wouldn't assume that.

I think it is more just confirmation bias. As soon as LE portrayed him as guilty, then that is sufficient for many to also view him as guilty. Once they see him as guilty then every aspect of his life is now viewed through a negative 'guilty' lens. The belief that guilty people are bad people leads people to then assess every aspect from how bad he is. Anything good is written off (his friends don't really know him, nothing they say is valid). His car being old, working an entry level job - all that becomes 'proof' of what a bad guy he is. People look at things from a perspective that supports what they already believe. And if anything is said that isn't bashing JM, then that gets attacked as those people being anti LE and disrespectful, because it doesn't confirm the bias that the is guilty. Part of human nature.

Oh man, you put this perfectly!

Absolutely, and social darwinism is pretty much the mother of all confirmation biases when we look at people's position in society and how readily one attributes negative traits to them on that basis.

Audio woes, don't know whether it's me or them :(

If the person who provided the details for the sketch was attacked in the dark that alone could have taken 10-20 pounds off of someones weight.

True. I wasn't looking at it from that perspective. In any case, after seeing the "superimposed" pics I think they bear a striking resemblance rather than my original assumption.

On the other hand, I'm notorious for never, ever seeing much of a resemblance in ID'd suspects and their sketches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni