VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlottesville lawyer James L. Camblos III, who has been a prosecutor in Albemarle County and nearby Waynesboro, said that he met with Matthew on Saturday and has been retained by Matthew’s family. Camblos couldn’t immediately be reached Tuesday night.

-------
From Washington Post, sorry I couldn't paste link- maybe someone else can. This is atty retained by family

Trying to post link. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6b5ed2-42a8-11e4-b47c-f5889e061e5f_story.html

wanted-poster-no-ss.jpg

BBM:

From the above poster: "Full extradition has been authorized".

(I've never seen that here before written on a poster, at least that I recall...)

JMO, but I would not think this likely, either for the drugs or the disposal of the body. JLM is a native of the Charlottesville area and we know he has lived and has family in various rural areas within a half hour or so of C'ville. Given how thick the undergrowth of vegetation is in Virginia forests and fields, it seems far more likely to me that IF HG is no longer alive and JLM is responsible, he would have found it fairly easy to dump a body where it wouldn't be likely to be found so quickly or easily.

Also, in regard to Longo's comment about HG's world being turned around/upside down, I think that statement is vague and open to many different interpretations, unless it was clarified by Longo after the Friday press conference. Having looked repeatedly at the videos of Hannah on Grady and Preston Avenues, I still find it extremely difficult to believe she was lost. If you weren't sure where you were going after leaving that pub, it seems so unlikely you would continue down Preston Ave, where hardly any people or businesses are, and keep moving deliberately towards the downtown mall. I feel certain that LE must have an idea of what her intentions were by now, but the general public is not privy to that information now.

Did HG know JLM already? We don't know. Somebody suggested perhaps she had a crush on him, but really? I'd find it hard to believe undergrad would have a crush on a C'ville townie in his 30s who likes to hang out by himself at downtown bars and has a low-paying blue collar job. I realize how snobbish that sounds, but I really can't see how they would ever be moving in the same social circles at all. Yes it's a generalization, but town and gown rarely mingled when I was at UVa. Perhaps she was determined to find somebody, but I have a hard time believing it would be JLM, at least not for romantic interests. I don't even want to speculate what other reasons she could possibly have for meeting up with him, specifically.

Wow, yeah...that was me who posted that a while back...maybe others. I don't think you are being snobby, just a tad narrow minded. I think that it is very hard to explain what attracts one person to another. People I have met from England don't seem to be as hung up on social things as much as Americans are...as far as class issues. Just my opinion...

Since he has a lawyer I bet he will turn himself in tomorrow.

Its going to be a busy day here tomorrow.

Hope we find Hannah.

Here's a new video. Includes grandma.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html

I think that it was/is a possibility that is diminishing by the minutes going by. There are all sort of possibilites here, with some of the statistically more possible than others. It's been over a week since Hannah disappeared, and in such cases, I believe the chances are very small that a victim in such a case is still alive. Not that it has not happened. There have been a number of cases where missing persons have reappeared after years. But this case is different in that It fits a rather typical profile where the victim is usually dead by now. I am hoping otherwise.

It is entirely possible that JM just threw Hannah somewhere remote, and she is still alive. Perhaps her memory is affected. Perhaps she is getting by on what she can scrounge. Hopefully, JM tells LE where he left Hannah, adn she is traced.

Thanks, I keep thinking that she's somewhere and she's hurt, and I probably feel that way because I keep hoping for her parents that she is not dead. It's been too long though even if she is hurt to not have gotten help. Seems to me, if she was capable, she was athletic and strong that she would have really tried to fight. It makes me sad to think about it.

Not trying to be rude here...just want to make the point...several have mentioned maybe he could have accessed drugs at the hospital where he worked....many others have said no, not possible. Just want to add this...it is also very difficult for a 32 year old man to walk away with a 5'11" teenager and no person witness it. So, yeah...I mean, i get what you guys are saying those who work in hospitals, I am just saying you have to think like a criminal...nothing is impossible to a criminal...just my little .02 there...

But people did witness it. And that's why we know what we know.

And I could be completely wrong on this, but my impression of JM is not that he is a criminal mastermind.

The kinds of drugs he could have used to incapacitate Hannah could have been obtained much more easily off the street than from the hospital where he worked and with much less risk of being caught, and probably much less trouble.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ville-13-Sept-2014-12&p=11005056#post11005056

He could also obtain unused drugs from sharps containers, there are types that sit on the floor and have a larger opening and not the flap to prevent people from sticking their hands inside, or left over in OR rooms after a procedure was done before the room was cleaned. Mistakes are made, it happens He could have access to Fentanyl, Versed, Propofol, Ketamine, the list goes on.

A few days ago a local stated hunting season was about to begin. I wonder if somebody will find Hannah while hunting.

I'm very sorry Bessie my quote to another poster broke again. It's happened twice already in the past month or so and I would fix it if I knew how to. Again, sorry. Post 11 this thread.

Charlottesville lawyer James L. Camblos III, who has been a prosecutor in Albemarle County and nearby Waynesboro, said that he met with Matthew on Saturday and has been retained by Matthew’s family. Camblos couldn’t immediately be reached Tuesday night.

-------
From Washington Post, sorry I couldn't paste link- maybe someone else can. This is atty retained by family

Trying to post link. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6b5ed2-42a8-11e4-b47c-f5889e061e5f_story.html

So does this mean JM is still in VA? And the Attorney knows where he is?

Doesn't the wanted poster say "attempted rape" or words to that affect as well? Will look for it, that would clarify how they are using "defiled" perhaps, jmo. No one else involved, one-person crime, Imo.

Not finding the wanted poster that says "rape". Someone mentioned it at the end of last thread. Anyone have a link?

Since he has a lawyer I bet he will turn himself in tomorrow.

Its going to be a busy day here tomorrow.

Hope we find Hannah.

If the attorney was retained Saturday what the hold up with turning himself in?

I think about perps, ARS, for example (Jessica Ridgeway's killer), and others who dismembered their victims, who were into mortuary science, worked in funeral homes, etc. Just makes me wonder about this guy, and any possible correlations between his work and what might have transpired with Hannah...

As I sit here, I know that my daughter and my granddaughters are all safe in their beds & sleeping peacefully.

I pray for Hannah's family and for all families tonight who do not know.

As in the manner of one of our other WSers......Peace.

Does anyone think that Hannah could possibly be somewhere and be hurt? I'm sorry if this has been brought up, but I was having a heck of a time logging in tonight, probably because there are so many users on here. So I hope I'm not repeating what everyone's been talking about.

Sadly, my brain is leading me to not likely. The only way I would see that it is a possibility is the previous posts regarding JM acting aggressive and then sorry (attacking a man and then driving them to a hospital). Also, if he was holding her and wanted to check in or finish what he started it would make sense as to why he wanted to get away from the officers following him. Far fetched possibility but weirder things have happened.

I'm new to this so hope I respond correctly
Actually there was a 45 min gap from the time she left party when she told male friend she was going home until she ended up on video at mcgradys pub. The most troubling thing i see and LE never speaks about, she was seen in front of shell on video at 12:55. Then 5 minutes later at 1:00 witnesses saw her crossing near 3rd st at restaurant. I live in charlottesville and no way she got there on foot in 5 minutes evening running. Over half distance uphill also. It took her 9 minutes from mcgradys to shell and way shorter distance. Possible shecaight ride on way to mall? With who if so? On foot she could have crossed one street over and even on downtown mall in 1/4 mile less. Instead she traveled on extremely dark road to opposite end of mall only to comeback down mall backtracking and seen on video at 1:05 none minutes from shell video. I will try to include map and walking path

BBM

I brought this over from the last thread because I wanted to respond to this. I don't know how much time it usually takes to go from that party to Grady's Pub. She could have taken a ciruitous route--she was intoxicated, remember.

I believe I respnded to a similar question with a personal example of what I did just last week. Had my mind on something else, got turned around and then was lost in an area I sort of knew, but not well. But did not immediately understand what I did and wasted even more time wandering around. And I was not "on" anything, it was not night. LE might be able to track her exact route if her cell phone is recovered--some have sophisticated tracking, or they may already know. It really isn't relevant, IMO, since the puzzle really starts after she meets up with JM, goes to Tempo, leaves Tempo and leaves the area, all of which is not on video from what LE has said.

A resident of Charlottesville, who knows the area very well wrote a similar post, saying that the time stamps could not possibly be correct. I believe there are at least two such posts. It is entirely possible that the cameras were not exactly set to the right time. That is something I have seen. The paths she took and the way she took them are somewhat attributed to her confused condition. She had been drinking is what seems to be the consensus.

Again, the time line might be shaped up at the trial if this is something that is presented. I don't think the focus will be on the time before she met JM and the possibilities thereafter. Any reason why this could be important?

Why is JM's photo on the wanted poster a mug shot from 9-19-14? How did they get far enough Friday to take a mug shot?

I wonder if she was a victim of catfishing, like on Tinder or FB. Maybe she thought she was meeting some hot guy and JM pretended to know where he was...I dunno....this case had me so confused I'm practically speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288