VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wants to "follow" a thread, go to "thread tools" up at the right top of each page. Then click on "subscribe to thread". You don't have to make a post to subscribe.

Thank you!!!

I just realized today that Chief Longo is a lawyer. How did I miss this??? This case is making me go loopy.:crazy:
I don't think it's been discussed very often as he's more commonly referred to in his professional capacity as the Chief of Police for Charlottesville. But yeah, the man is very accomplished - I really had to hold my tongue when I saw people criticizing him during his press conference(s) last week. No one is perfect in this world but Hannah Graham could do much worse than to have Timothy Longo leading the officers who are conducting the investigation into her disappearance.

Anyone who wants to know more about Longo's accomplishments can look here:
https://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/accred/boardProfiles/longo.cfm

In Virginia, yes, an attorney may maintain representation of a fugitive client and must not disclose where the client is. In other states, the rules can be different. Some places you have to say, some places you have to stop representation. It's a balance between client confidentiality and attorney obligations to the functions of the judicial process (allowing your client to be a fleeing felon). In other states, there is more leverage for the attorney to be able to get the client to turn themselves in. Obviously JM does not have much interest in the attorney's advice, which has to have been to lay low and would be to turn himself in.

My guess of what brought about the newer charges -- pubic hairs matching HG in the trunk. That would support those charges without her person being found. Wearing pants, not likely transferred by a hug. No knowledge, just a guess.

The nursing student lady needs to call the tipline for this. If he had a practice of making such offers, perhaps someone took him up and perhaps (given that he had roommates) would know what back country lane he liked for romance. And that would be a likely dump spot. If this is a "something gone wrong" scenario, the dump spot is someplace that would pop into his mind quickly and that he knows. If it were someplace he googled with his computer, LE would be there already. So anything anyone knows about rural places that he has hung out at has helpful information.

:welcome: Chickagirl!

Informative, thoughtful first Post!

:seeya:

On attorney confidentiality, more detail is here: http://www.vsb.org/docs/PC/topic5.htm,

"vi. Disclosure is improper when:(b) Client failed to appear for trial of 8 felony counts. Arrest warrant was issued. Client informed attorney of his or her intention to remain a fugitive and leave the United States. Committee opines that client's "continuing wrong" does not fall into exception set out in Rule 1.6 (c) (1), and therefore that disclosure was not required. "Continuing wrong" concept is based on ABA Formal Opinion 155, May 4, 1936. On these extremely narrow grounds, it is the determination of the Committee that a continuing wrong is not addressed by the exception to the general rule protecting confidentiality in the attorney/client relationship. This privilege has been called "the most revered of our common law" and traceable to the reign of Elizabeth I. LEO 929. Client's whereabouts are a "secret" under Rule 1.6 if client requests attorney not to reveal. LEO 1316."

Searching:
I would look for a construction site with areas of excavation or water. I clicked on Google map, and entered a search for Tempo. I enlarged the image, click-by-click, until I saw an area, that appeared to be under construction. There are a couple of areas. Perhaps someone 'on the ground' might have some insight, as to the current status of construction. One can only guess how current is this google map image. These areas of construction I see, might well be completely built by now. The area at Carlton Road and City Walk Way, is one of them. The other area is at Lexington Ave. & East High Street. Anyone see any active areas of a large construction project, near the Tempo?

we have a victim/missing girl.....a suspect/man.........I dont understand how race figures into this. even if the suspect is cleared, he was suspected due to his appearence on video as the last known person with the missing person. He was not suspected due to his race. just saying.....

RESPECTFULLY, who said race was a factor?

Honestly is it me, I do not see featured cases on the main page, I have to type in her name in the search to find the forum/thread.

Via Longo podcast interview : they are no longer assuming he is in the state, "He could be anywhere"

Longo-not assuming JM is in central Virginia, not seen since Saturday
could be anywhere

Jim is the att from station on sat.
LE gave him the list.

Please read

Note that he did not leave the police station at a high rate of speed, (according to the ones that were monitoring his movements) it was his GrandMother's house.

Sounds like the Grandma's house is being framed to me.

'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members