VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

My goodness he is a big guy. He definitely fits the bill for a defensive lineman.

I think he may have wounds from Hannah fighting?? He says something about them taking his clothes to be cleared medically. The judge further explains that yes they will take your clothes for teh med exam but will give you your jumpsuit back once cleared medically. I think he was trying to figure out if FOR SURE they were going to see him naked. He was probably briefed on the upcoming procedures by LE or by other inmates. The judge confirms his fear that yes they are going to examine him without clothes. Maybe he's afraid of this not because he's modest but because he has scratches or bite marks?? Like Lavergne had. I don't think Hannah was able to fight like Mickey was since she was intoxicated, but she probably fought as best as she could!

I feel as if I will hammered for saying he has not been convicted of anything to do with Hannah yet. Jmo

I hope not.. :)

I think that while he has not been convicted he has been charged based on evidence the police have dug up from his car and apt. It certainly paints and clear picture for me.

Whenever I've bartended I was responsible for the cash in my drawer- it it was short at the end of the night it came out of my pocket. Many managers or owners keep track of how much liquor is used within a certain degree so they can catch someone not officially charging for drinks and pocketing the cash.

I had one bartending job where I was never even required to fill out an application or show ID. It's illegal but it happens a lot more than people think.
Not having to fill out an application and not having to show ID to be hired is not the norm. Because it happened to you one time does not justify a sweeping statement by the op that bars regularly hire criminals.

"Commonwealth Attorney" is the title given to the felony prosecutors in VA and KY. Same as "district attorney".

FISHERSVILLE — Jim Camblos has spent the past 22 years as a prosecutor, a role he pursued with gusto.

He was commonwealth’s attorney for Albemarle County for 16 years and then an assistant commonwealth’s attorney in the city of Waynesboro, responsible for trying all kinds of criminal cases, including homicides.

his Lawyer is a former commonwealths attorney

FISHERSVILLE — Jim Camblos has spent the past 22 years as a prosecutor, a role he pursued with gusto.

He was commonwealth’s attorney for Albemarle County for 16 years and then an assistant commonwealth’s attorney in the city of Waynesboro, responsible for trying all kinds of criminal cases, including homicides

A friend I work with has a "stalker". She wants to report him, as he harasses her when she is leaving work every day, but hasn't got his name (and has refused to give him hers). At first she thought he was here to meet someone or for a legitimate reason, but now he's made it VERY CLEAR that he knows she has a BF, wants her to get rid of that guy and see him, and has referred to himself as her "secret lover". He's outside every day when she leaves work. I suggested that, as she is leaving, she pretend to be absorbed in sending a text on her phone. Then, when he looks at her or speaks to her, simply snap his photo to include with the police report. If I thought I saw a wanted person, I'd snap a photo on my phone in the same way. It would provide time and date that he was at a specific location (EXIF info, embedded in photo) and then pass that along to police along with the statement that I THINK he/she may be the person wanted for (such and such) crime.

I had a stalker when I was in college. I finally figured out that he was the tow truck driver who had driven me home when my car broke down. He knew I had a boyfriend who would visit from out of town and would wait for him to leave my apartment and call me the very night I took him to the airport and taunt me. I lived alone. He would sit outside and monitor my movements. It was one of the single most frightening things I have ever experienced. I ended up moving. In hindsight, I wish I had called the police. I was 18 and naive. I hope your friend calls the police ASAP. Stalking is no joke. NO JOKE.

Thanks for those. I'm not fast enough to keep up with this thread! :deepbreaths:

And to another poster who said the Daily Mail has been right on this case so far: Yes, on this case, it has been. Prior record still makes me suspicious of how reliable the info is, though.

That is absolutely not so. Restaurants/bars are cash businesses. You think they hire criminals to handle their cash?
That's pretty insulting to people who work in bars, just saying...
Hmmm wondering if that is absolutely correct? I worked food and bev for 18 yrs. On a wkly basis somebody was being fired as they were stealing and scamming. There were no pre hire drug tests and or criminal history checks unless they were going to be management. Its pretty common theory that ppl w drinking or drug problems can easily get a restaurant job, and money grubbing thieves as well.

jmo

"The person was hesitant, said he had no identification," Perez wrote in his report. "Eventually he stated (his name is) George Carr (date of birth) 12/14/1984." http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_2c93728c-44ad-11e4-aca6-0017a43b2370.html
On Wednesday, a Galveston County sheriff’s deputy responded to a suspicious person call and found a man who had pitched a tent on the beach with a car nearby. The man was later identified as Matthew.

Judge Mark Henry handled Matthew's hearing early Thursday morning.

The probable cause affidavit revealed that Galveston County deputy D.W. Perez responded to a suspicious person call on the beachside of Gilchrist at about 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

The tip was called in by a woman who claimed she was driving when she passed a blue Nissan and saw Matthew. She told the deputy she recognized him from television coverage of the case.

In his report, Perez said that Matthew initially claimed he didn't have identification and gave another name.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_2c93728c-44ad-11e4-aca6-0017a43b2370.html

E
Search continues in Texas! Also, JM may have been hoping to get to Mexico.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sta...cle_57e0e62a-44d7-11e4-808a-0017a43b2370.html

"Charlottesville Virginia Police Chief Timothy Longo said Matthew had been staying in a tent next to his car on the beach in Gilchrist, which is about a seven-hour drive from the Mexico border.

Virginia police have charged Matthew with "abduction with intent to defile" Graham, an 18-year-old sophomore who went missing Sept. 13 in Charlottesville. An intense search for the teen has now expanded to Texas".

What!!! I would have never guessed this!!

So they must have evidence that she was in the Nissan if tehy are searching Texas.

They processed the car.

Where did he keep her then and not only that, get away with surveillence?????

This gu, if Hannah was in the car, is a super monster!

I hope his friends and family in VA spill anything they know.

I never went to a christian college but I did grow up in private christian schools and A LOT of troubled kids are sent to christian schools. I'm assuming a christian college is the same. There was also just as much "immorality" going on as public school. We were just sneakier about it.

OMG this thread moves like lightening! So they are extending the search to TX now? Did they perhaps use dogs to check his sisters car for evidence of Hannah? I can't imagine he would transport her, if deceased across state lines but certainly anything is possible with JM at this point. If they have evidence of her being in his sisters car either alive or otherwise I would just spit nails for the period of time LE lost him. Keep up the good work everyone and I'll be checking on the presser at 3:00!

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sta...cle_57e0e62a-44d7-11e4-808a-0017a43b2370.html

Please start migrating over to the new topic threads. If you have ideas for topics, please send them to me or to another case mod in a pm.

The General Discussion threads eventually will be discontinued.

Thanks.

[h=1]JLM: 2002 Rape Allegations at Liberty University[/h][h=1]Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?[/h]The Charges Against Jesse Leroy Matthew
[h=1]JLM: The Arrest[/h]JLM: Other Possible Victims

Is there a particular thread where we can follow the 3pm press conference today? I'm hopelessly trying to catch up & sorry if this has already been asked.

E

What!!! I would have never guessed this!!

So they must have evidence that she was in the Nissan if tehy are searching Texas.

They processed the car.

Where did he keep her then and not only that, get away with surveillence?????

This gu, if Hannah was in the car, is a super monster!

I hope his friends and family in VA spill anything they know.

This is sickening. I wonder if the tx search is because of car evidence, or something he said??? I believe he was questioned for quite a while and not officially booked until evening. JMO

On Wednesday, a Galveston County sheriff’s deputy responded to a suspicious person call and found a man who had pitched a tent on the beach with a car nearby. The man was later identified as Matthew.

Judge Mark Henry handled Matthew's hearing early Thursday morning.

The probable cause affidavit revealed that Galveston County deputy D.W. Perez responded to a suspicious person call on the beachside of Gilchrist at about 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

The tip was called in by a woman who claimed she was driving when she passed a blue Nissan and saw Matthew. She told the deputy she recognized him from television coverage of the case.

In his report, Perez said that Matthew initially claimed he didn't have identification and gave another name.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_2c93728c-44ad-11e4-aca6-0017a43b2370.html

That is so awesome. Good for her being alert and calling it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong