VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Graff ‏@HenryGraff · 1m
BREAKING:#HannahGraham person of interest described as a black male, 5’10”-5’11”, 250-285 pounds, close shaved head, goatee...

....and the plot thickens.

My first thought: Morgan Harrington.

Max Smith ‏@amaxsmith · 28s
NEW #HannahGraham: $50k reward. Man w/her on Mall police hope to talk to: Black,5'10/250ish, 30ish, goatee,beer belly

BREAKING:#HannahGraham person of interest described as a black male, 5’10”-5’11”, 250-285 pounds, close shaved head, goatee...

This just gets curiouser and curiouser. First there's a guy who follows her, then another person, a woman? A man? (but in any case, appears to have long hair) with an arm around her or walking next to her with the same stride. Now there's a third character who's African American and close shaven? In BLACK pants? I guess that must be in the video that they haven't released yet?

LE has already said they think she was drunk.
And, that she was lost.
When did they say she was lost? I missed that. I recall them at some point even saying they're not sure of the accuracy of her text saying that.

IMO it looks like she is frantically searching for a drug dealer who she knows and most likely is hanging around one of the bars in town because that is where he will find many clients on any given night.

People coming down from a high or in withdrawals will seem distraught and frantic.

I know her parents say she is a responsible good student but it would be naive to think she could not possibly be on drugs.

When i was in college half the kids I knew snorted coke and adderalls and heroin and whatever else they could get. It was so common it makes me want to spit.

And I'd say 90% of the kids got drunk or smoked weed. I am not exaggerating either.

And during the week they went to class and studied and graduated. That is college life. Some fall deeper into the drugs than others and I fear maybe this happened with Hannah.

Again this is just my opinion and I am not trying to paint her in a bad light but just explaining what I think is going on.

I mean, really, it is possible. I was a good girl in school, the most wild I got was getting occasionally drunk. Years later come to find out I was one of the only people who didn't snort coke or at least offered it.

She wouldn't have blasted that information out, especially to her family, especially if she only used it when out partying on Saturday night.

Just random thoughts; in no way am I saying she was on drugs.

This is all how I feel. I also think it is strange that the two guys seem to be dressed so similarly (and...do they have matching fanny packs??)

But...I think finding out who Hannah was walking with is HUGELY important.

Now that I'm finally caught up, I'll throw in my :twocents:. I'm not familiar with the area at all, but if 3-4 different places have her on surveillance video and this is an area full of businesses...shouldn't there be more footage from more places? Maybe they're still obtaining it, I'm sure sometimes it can take a while to track down. I certainly hope there is more footage from the area, because the story can be told solely on the video footage if more cameras have footage from areas after she passed the pizza shop and the jewelry store.

When I first watched the video of HG passing the restaurant, I didn't even notice the guy stopping, waiting, and then following her. Now it's very clear to me that they both seemed to be following her, but my first suspicion was the guy with the dreads. I find it very odd that he was walking one way, then crossed through the middle only to be behind her. For all I know, it could be a totally innocent act of simply wanting to walk back the other way. Who knows, but it seems to me like he stalls for a moment in the middle of the mall. It's difficult to tell because the quality is so terrible (it truly angers me that surveillance cameras are so crappy with how advanced technology is these days, but I'm sure we all feel that way...). Anyways, I also find it weird that the round man across the way and the guy with the dreads appear in the same frame and right around the same time. At one point, right after the guy with dreads passes the two women, he seems to be looking over in the white man's direction. Then again, he could have just been innocently looking over there. It's so hard to tell. It seems to me that he idled for a moment while he was passing through the middle to get to the other side, which I also find odd because he started walking as soon as HG passed by.

The man who stopped in the store front and looked at his phone seems to me like he was stalling, looking at his phone in wait of following her. Wouldn't an older, round, bald man walking alone at 1AM stick out like a sore thumb? I would think so. It could be an innocent man telling the truth about wanting to watch out for her, but it just doesn't make sense to me that he followed her to look out for her if she was in distress when the guy with dreads started following behind her after the white guy did. I'm just all around confused by this and I don't know which way to go with my thoughts.

I am equally skeptical of both of the men shown "following" her in the video. I'd be surprised to find out an older white man and a younger black man were in cahoots to kidnap or trap a young girl, but anything is possible these days. I find both of their actions suspicious because they both looked (IMO) to be stalling in wait of following HG.

I'm looking forward to more surveillance footage and a sketch of the supposed man. Also, the group of boys walking behind her need to come forward. I don't think they had anything to do with her disappearance, but they could have vital information that they don't even realize is important. They might have turned a corner before witnessing anything, but I would still imagine they saw SOMETHING out of the ordinary. I'm very torn on this case and don't know which one to place the blame on at all. The officer that fronted the press conference seems very competent, thorough, and involved in this case...so hopefully we will have more information on something soon.

I don't have a good feeling about HG being alive and safe somewhere, but for her family's sake I hope they can bring her home soon in any condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember how old the victim described the suspect in the sketch that was linked to MH case? That was ten years ago (the first incident) so I wonder how old he would be

The description sounds like that registered sex offender people posted photos about.

I think until we know what happened to her we should look at all possibilities. I'm sure LE would agree and are doing the same thing. You can't overlook something like that or you may never find her.

Exactly. If this guy was following me like that and I disappeared I hope he would be thoroughly checked out.. Even if he came forward as a witness.. You just can't follow people like that. Especially late at night. Not cool.

I'm under the impression people who are criticizing the guy have never been in that situation.

Where do you see people antagonizing her? I only see the white guy before I see the BG? I didn't see anyone causing her distress at all. I see a group of people but they don't seem to be bothering her in the videos I've seen. She was walking and walking fast as she had in all videos we've seen of her that night.

I hadn't imagined that there would be so many people around at that time of the morning. Whoever has taken her (if she has been taken which seems likely now) must have been able to persuade her to go somewhere quieter. There's no way she could be physically dragged away with so many people around in the mall area. So did they maybe say they would give her a lift home in their car and manage to get her to go into the parking area where there could be less people around?

does that resemble the POI in the MH case? was he that heavy?

Keep in mind, the POI in the Morgan Harrington case is actually a sketch from a 2005 case. 9 years is a lot of time to change size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni