VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dreads did tell police he bought her a drink but did not have her in his car and she went her own way. In the press conference it seemed like Longo was looking for eye witnesses to hopefully come forward and verify if this guy is telling the truth or not.

Either she drove off with someone else then, or she walked a route with no cameras before she met up with either a deadly accident or the person who caused her disappearance.

If you are a nursing assistant you can't really afford an atty until you are arrested and appointed a public defender. unless he's got family money or other income. CNA's make $8/hr at the low end.

I agree, but posters who saw his facebook said that he had some lawyer friends on facebook. Sometimes lawyers are nice to their less affluent friends, and represent them pro bono. JMO

@Carbuff

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rive-party-having-texted-friends-say-way.html

Maybe this is the DM article you were looking for? Second paragraph. I remembered from thread 1 reading that she was supposed to be meeting her friends at a party but ultimately we know she sent that text saying she was lost. I think whatever party she may have referenced in text messages throughout the night was one her friends were already at, referenced in this article. IMO, she wasn't planning to go to a party alone with BG.

Of course, this is the DM which can be inaccurate so who knows =).

Have they said when the next press conference will be? Or will it be when they have something new?

A thought,couldn't the dreads guy type the location into her. phone and send text messages to her friends,too lead them away from true location.If she was that messed up,would she be able to send readable texts?

Jumping in here for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong. She apparently hooked up with the POI willingly & if there was her DNA in his car or apartment, that would be expected.

Well, I was going off the claim that she was never in his car. . .BUT that was apparently hearsay from his grandmother. So if they only find proof that she was in the car and/or apartment, you are right. She could have been there voluntarily. I'm hoping they find more.

Hey all - I haven't read all the posts from the last few hours but YES, my friend says he was a cab driver at one point.

I don't know if it means anything, but my gutt told me that was the same person! Now, to read up on MH case. :/

People are forgetting things. The LE found something to get a warrant to search the car. Then they found something in the car that allowed them to get a warrant to search the house. They had to have a reason for those warrants to be allowed.

Exactly.
And consider that he had five days to clean his car and empty the apartment of anything incriminating.
If they now find only hair or fiber evidence in his car linking him to HG, it will be argued that it was the result of his physical contact with HG outside the car.

Randy Allen Taylor and the truth do not know each other. NO DNA was found in that camper except his and Alexis's. She was on video leaving behind him ,her blood ,hair and nail was found in his camper and her phone on his property. He has been convicted of her murder and abduction and has tried to cut a deal to reveal her location . Randy Also took Samantha.

I am aware of (and agree with) all of that information, with the exception of the statement about Samantha. I do not know who she is.

However, from the moment I saw the surveillance videos for this case, my hinky meter told me the current POI is sinister.

Today, after reading several articles with quotes from Randy Allen Taylor, my instincts are telling me that our POI for this case is responsible for Alexis Murphy's disappearance and Morgan Harrington's death, too. Too many coincidences exist.

In my opinion, the sketch for Morgan Harrington's killer looks like the picture for our POI.

Our POI has dreads.

Randy Allen Taylor said that Alexis Murphy was with a man with cornrows.

It is not enough to make the POI a suspect, but it is enough for my hinky meter to go off.

no, it's not evidence of a crime. they don't have all the footage. they don't know that hannah got into the car with this guy. evidence is that which helps to prove something. anything could have happened after they left that bar. all it's evidence of is that they were together at that time.

The legal definition according to http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=671

evidence

n. every type of proof legally presented at trial (allowed by the judge) which is intended to convince the judge and/or jury of alleged facts material to the case

In the event of a trial, Hannah Graham's unusual disappearance WOULD BE one fact, one type of proof, legally presented.

If that is the only evidence, then the case will never make it to trial.

If there is any additional evidence (fibers from her clothing, a fingernail, etc.), then yes, along with those things, the prosecutor would also present that Hannah Graham is missing.

What was said about the text was that they didn't believe she was in the location that was stated in the text. (at the time the text was written) But, honestly, that was before there was information about HG possibly being in a car--I am under the impression they didn't think it was physically possible for her to be at 14th & Wertland at 1:20. But now........??

Definitely something to consider. Although, wasn't she seen on video at 1:06AM at the mall.. prior to entering Tempo w/BG. And supposedly they were in Tempo for 15 minutes? That would mean that the text may have even been sent while in Tempo. Then again... maybe "15 minutes" was a guesstimate since we aren't aware they have video footage of the two in Tempo. Perhaps she could have been in that area by 1:20 if she was driven there.

Ahah! I KNEW I had seen it. Guess it wasn't the Daily Mail and that's why I couldn't find it. Thank you!

Carbuff, look at my post above! I thought I found the DM article you were thinking of. But maybe it was the wrong one.

@Carbuff

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rive-party-having-texted-friends-say-way.html

Maybe this is the DM article you were looking for? Second paragraph. I remembered from thread 1 reading that she was supposed to be meeting her friends at a party but ultimately we know she sent that text saying she was lost. I think whatever party she may have referenced in text messages throughout the night was one her friends were already at, referenced in this article. IMO, she wasn't planning to go to a party alone with BG.

Of course, this is the DM which can be inaccurate so who knows =).

Thanks, yes. I was looking for the one that had the direct quote about the party, which Evie Ivey Over found in another source.

So I guess we still don't know exactly what the text said.

He did not tell police she was never in his car or home. As far as we know, anyway. His grandma said he said...etc...not the same thing.

I am aware of (and agree with) all of that information, with the exception of the statement about Samantha. I do not know who she is.

However, from the moment I saw the surveillance videos for this case, my hinky meter told me the current POI is sinister.

Today, after reading several articles with quotes from Randy Allen Taylor, my instincts are telling me that our POI for this case is responsible for Alexis Murphy's disappearance and Morgan Harrington's death, too. Too many coincidences exist.

In my opinion, the sketch for Morgan Harrington's killer looks like the picture for our POI.

Our POI has dreads.

Randy Allen Taylor said that Alexis Murphy was with a man with cornrows.

It is not enough to make the POI a suspect, but it is enough for my hinky meter to go off.

The legal definition according to http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=671

evidence

n. every type of proof legally presented at trial (allowed by the judge) which is intended to convince the judge and/or jury of alleged facts material to the case

In the event of a trial, Hannah Graham's unusual disappearance WOULD BE one fact, one type of proof, legally presented.

If that is the only evidence, then the case will never make it to trial.

If there is any additional evidence (fibers from her clothing, a fingernail, etc.), then yes, along with those things, the prosecutor would also present that Hannah Graham is missing.

right, but saying that the POI is guilty just because he was at the bar with her just doesn't cut it

I'm not saying that that is what I think happened.

I was only offering alternative scenarios to make a point that being missing is not always evidence of foul play.

Again, this question is about 100% certitude and probability quotients at this level of the investigation with respect to conjecture from what little information we currently have from news organizations or LE pressers.

We are not privy to the internal investigation or to the eventual forensic results as LE is probably still developing and awaiting this information as well.

It is logically possible HG is playing a trick on everyone or is drinking mojitos on the beach while we discuss what may of happened to her but given what information we do have with reference to the disappearance of HG and the fact that she is still missing over a week later these notions are simply not probable.

All scenarios are open for discussion but not all are equally probable, this seems to be a simple distinction when some information is available but actual forensic evidence is not.

personally, this is close to home...as our twenty year old was murdered by a co worker

respectfully snipped by me.

Oh, how horrific :(. I have a daughter. I just can't imagine your pain and I send you thoughts and wishes for peace that passes all understanding.

The term "evidence" when used in conjunction with a criminal matter is not a scientific standard.

True, but it's the same concept as in science. For example, dinosaur extinction is a result. asteroid impact crater, CO levels in deep ace drillings, or sulphur in sediments from vulcanization..... would be examples of evidences.

In this case, Hannah is missing. Possible evidences would be blood in POI's car, body found that has drowned, etc.. would be evidence as to the cause.

That's all I'm saying.

I THINK she did not run away. I think there is a 50% chance this POI (or someone he met up with) killed her, 15% chance she OD's or died of alcohol poisoning in their presences, 25% chance she died of exposure after she was let out by the guy, and a 10% chance she was taken and murdered by someone else. But all that is a guess right now... and there is simply NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE RELEASED for anyone to say there is enough evidence to say a crime was committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288