VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Discussion in 'Hannah Graham' started by bessie, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shear22

Shear22 Well-Known Member

Once again, at UVA you apply directly into the nursing program and begin in it in your first year or at the latest before you begin your second year. According to the UVA directory she is not a nursing student at all. I think the media article that identified her as a nursing student was mistaken. All of this is relevant if people are trying to link her to POI by virtue of her being a nursing student.

2. 8truthseeker8

8truthseeker8 Member

Per getting his DNA (legally) see below....

http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/pageDocuments/I6W7Q3D7RM.pdf

"Surreptitious DNA Sampling
    Scenario
    You have refused to give police a DNA sample in their familial search. The police subsequently go through your curbed garbage during the night to obtain samples of your DNA from discarded items such as plastic cups or cigarette butts. Can the police forage through your garbage to obtain samples of your DNA?
    Legal Rights and Responses
    This practice, known as “surreptitious sampling,” is currently legal. There is no expectation of privacy in garbage once it is out on the curb. Courts have found that there is no expectation of privacy in discarded genetic material and that the practice of surreptitious sampling does not violate the Fourth Amendment. The U.S. Constitution does not prohibit the police from searching your garbage because you are deemed to have abandoned it. State constitutions or laws may prohibit the police from doing this."

And although some states don't allow it, per http://www.dnapolicy.org/resources/State_law_summaries_final_all_states.pdf

"Virginia
    State laws pertaining to surreptitious DNA testing
    Does the law restrict the collection or analysis of DNA or disclosure of results of analysis?
    No relevant law identified."

3. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

rsbm. (Respectfully snipped by me for all you newcomers)

Thank you for this, I completely agree and still feel a sting when the name Sunil Tripathi comes up, as I posted the original missing thread here at WS and felt so horribly awful watching where that went.

4. carterkatt

carterkatt Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask the same thing. Thanks!!! No way can I catch up through multiple threads and posts! TIA!!!

5. netsleuth

netsleuth New Member

6. thistle

thistle Active Member

I just don't know what to think about this case- it was Morgan's disappearance that first introduced me to WS-I was talking to my daughter& her friend today, & I said I didn't want her to go to UVA (I'd like her to go to UNC-CH, but there's Eve Carson)- evil is everywhere.

7. Coldngrey

Coldngrey New Member

This won't be popular, but some have argued that she seemed distressed in her walk around the city. Suicide can't be ruled out.

8. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

As far as I know how most Bachelors degrees work is during your freshmen and sophomore year you mainly take general education courses (which would be in the Arts and Sciences department) and any prerequisites for your major and then during your junior and senior year you mainly take your major courses.

9. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

This should help. See links in Post #2 of this thread

10. trixandhoney

trixandhoney Member

I keep coming back to how unusual it is for LE to reveal the details they have about LJM (the POI). My assumption is that they want to put immense pressure on him - make his life hell until he cracks and cooperates with them. But they still haven't said he's a suspect. Maybe they feel 99% sure he is directly responsible for Hannah's disappearance, or maybe they think he's innocent of foul play but knows what happened to her to lead to her disappearance. LJM has several arrest records, but as others have pointed out, none are indicative of violence. We also know that LJM is a Jr., and when you search court records for his name, records that do not belong to the Jr. come up. One of those is indecent exposure, and many are alcohol related. So is it extremely far-fetched to wonder if perhaps the pressure is on Jr. because he they are looking for someone he shares a name with?

11. raeann

raeann Well-Known Member

The top is gold metallic material (most likely spandex) with black triangular shaped insets coming off of the side seams. In a search for a photo from an online retail site some very similar were found, but not yet the exact match.

12. cady

cady Well-Known Member

THANKS so much for this, and for joining. Please keep us informed as the investigation continues. JMO

13. achilton1987

achilton1987 Member

Honestly, I think we are back to square one. If they do not get any evidence soon from the apartment or car of Dreads they need to start looking at the only other <modsnip> on tape, WG. If dreads story is true, WG could have easily kept stalking HG. He honestly looks and acts more like a criminal than Dreads.

14. fran

fran Former Member

Attention!

This is the Hannah Elizabeth Graham thread. Any posts regarding Morgan Harrington, should be in Morgan's thread. If there comes a time the cases are connected, we'll work something else out. I am sure LE is looking into this possibility. But here, it's confusing discussing both cases on one thread.

Morgan Harrington
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...5541&highlight=morgan+harrington#post10985541

15. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

His middle name is Leroy

16. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

My post about DNA testing items from the POI had to do with items collected using the warrants, not going through trash.

17. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

It's possible that Dread's arm was around Hannah to help her walk and not as a sign of affection. I think he may have saw she was drunk just as the WG did and offered to help her and took advantage of her.

18. Just K

Just K New Member

Ted Bundy- worked on a rape crisis hotline
    Dennis Rader was a family man, a deacon and an animal control officer.
    Gacy was a clown
    That senator who molested his page. Worked on some committee that fought issues such as this.
    Preachers who protest homosexuality who get arrested with male prostitutes....

A Helper, a seemingly caring guy (publicly) or a wolf in sheep's clothing?

19. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I am really beginning to doubt that this POI is guilty of harming her.

20. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I agree that she looked stressed/distressed/disconnected. We can only hope that this person of interest can share some insights on her state of mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.