VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't leave, MJPeony. I agree with you that some posters on this thread have been unusually rude. It would be nice if people could disagree without being disagreeable. Ironically, one of the most disagreeable posters right now is also new.

ETA: If someone is particularly annoying, you can go to their profile and "ignore user posts" and you won't see anything more from him or her. It is amazing how much it helps with trolls if you don't see what they are posting.

I agree. And it happens when there is a case being covered in the media a lot. I would also like to point out that people can't tell people how to post so if you give it a few minutes a mod will come along and take out the offending posts. (Saying this to the new poster who wants to leave-don't leave!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to know if the named POI (or any other POIs) was scheduled to work after the disappearance and whether he missed any work days.

I was just about to ask the same thing. Thanks!!! No way can I catch up through multiple threads and posts! TIA!!!

I'm not organized for all the links, but basically:

1) Dreadlocked person in video's name has come out (Jesse Matthew)
2) Grammy grants interview, says he had drinks with HG but did not have her in his car, also comments that he's a good boy and eats his greens (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bought-drinks-claims-did-NOT-drive-car.html)
3) Articles say he works in the medical center as a medical transporter. Another article (apparently mistakenly) said that HG was a nursing student, but she seems not to be (see upthread)
4) Search doesn't seem to have turned up anything
5) No press conference scheduled for tonight, no announcements about additional video that LE previously said they were reviewing.

I think that's about it.

I was just about to ask the same thing. Thanks!!! No way can I catch up through multiple threads and posts! TIA!!!
The majority of the searchers are finished today(they have not found anything yet) they will be back out tomorrow. The name of the POI is out now on MSM and may be explored. DBG the POI has moved out of his apartment and disabled his FB.There ar a lot of new people on this site and we have to expect they will brfeak the rules because it takes time to learn them.

After watching the video's,it looked like dreads stalked her.He wasn't calling out to her either.Following her and caught up to her.Crossed one side of the mall to get to the other.He put his arms around her and unless he knew her that would be a little inappropriate.The video is posted everywhere on the news.fb,twitter, but he never comes forward to say yes that was me and this is what happened or his family.This all sounds very guilty of something to me.

First post on this site, have been following this case closely. The community here has really come together over this case, I saw multiple search crews canvassing various areas as I was leaving work this morning. Definitely hope we find answers as to what exactly happened to HG.

I work at the hospital and I have interacted with the POI multiple times, all just brief interactions while crossing paths. He is not a nursing assistant, he works in patient transport. He has always been pleasant when I have seen him around. He does seem to work quite a bit as well, I would venture to guess close to full time. FYI, he is on the staff directory with a much better picture than that currently released but I am not sure I am allowed to release a picture from the directory so will not do so. I hope that the evidence from the car and the house provides more information; I would definitely hope that we respect due process and give the POI a chance to clear his name if he is not involved.

Just wanted to point out that they also issued a warrant for a phone, pretty sure that would be JLM's phone.

rsbm. (Respectfully snipped by me for all you newcomers)

Thank you for this, I completely agree and still feel a sting when the name Sunil Tripathi comes up, as I posted the original missing thread here at WS and felt so horribly awful watching where that went.

I grew up in Providence. My father taught at a Brown. Sunil died so close to my family home. Yes, I know that sting. We just never know where these cases will lead. Many thought Sunil was part of a terror cell and tarnished his name repeatedly. It turned out he was just a depressed young guy who sadly chose to end his life.

I do think a wee bit of discretionary caution is helpful when it comes to spinning theories as to why Hannah met up with anyone that night. MOO

- Edited due to one missing word

FOX 5 DC ‏@fox5newsdc 16h

BREAKING: Jessie LJ Matthew confirmed by police is the name of the person of interest in the missing UVA case.

So now LE has named him, so its OK to use his name here?

Per getting his DNA (legally) see below....

http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/pageDocuments/I6W7Q3D7RM.pdf

"Surreptitious DNA Sampling
Scenario
You have refused to give police a DNA sample in their familial search. The police subsequently go through your curbed garbage during the night to obtain samples of your DNA from discarded items such as plastic cups or cigarette butts. Can the police forage through your garbage to obtain samples of your DNA?

Legal Rights and Responses
This practice, known as “surreptitious sampling,” is currently legal. There is no expectation of privacy in garbage once it is out on the curb. Courts have found that there is no expectation of privacy in discarded genetic material and that the practice of surreptitious sampling does not violate the Fourth Amendment. The U.S. Constitution does not prohibit the police from searching your garbage because you are deemed to have abandoned it. State constitutions or laws may prohibit the police from doing this."

And although some states don't allow it, per http://www.dnapolicy.org/resources/State_law_summaries_final_all_states.pdf

"Virginia
State laws pertaining to surreptitious DNA testing
Does the law restrict the collection or analysis of DNA or disclosure of results of analysis?
No relevant law identified."

Has anyone already mentioned the "voluntary" buccal swab testing done in Charlottesville in 2003, when the police were looking for the Charlottesville serial rapist?

I remember how saddened I was to hear about that in the media, at the time.

Even though my hinky meter went off when I saw the surveillance videos of Hannah Graham and the POI, I am glad we live in a country where laws exist to protect suspects and where intuition is NOT a reason to convict.

Anyone find out if the POI lived in the Fairfax, VA area in 2005? He would have been only 23 years old then and doesn't look like the aged man of 30+ in the sketch from the rape back then.

That's an excellent point.

If these disappearances are connected, the POI may not necessarily have lived in Fairfax at that time, but he would have at least needed to visit there.

This article on Morgan Harrington is interesting for a variety of reasons. The picture looks like our POI to me, and the description states he would been 30 to 40 years old in 2010, comparable to our POI:

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

Ted Bundy- worked on a rape crisis hotline
Dennis rader ws a family man, a deacon and an animal control officer.
Gacy was a clown
That senator who molested his page. Worked on some committee that fought issues such as this.
Preachers who protest homosexuality who get arrested with male prostitutes....

A Helper, a seemingly caring guy (publicly) or a wolf in sheep's clothing?

How charismatic abusers are in their outside world keeps coming to mind. They seem loved by so many yet come home, shut the front door and take off that sheep cloak.

My thoughts:

We know that there was something strange going on near her apartment (the two sexual assaults)
To me, Occum's Razor would say that she walked back towards home and possibly ran across whoever was on Wertland (sp?) causing such a ruckus that evening. Some girl had already been beaten and left for dead, it's at least plausible that Graham's disappearance could be related to whatever was going on in that area that evening.

If this goes to trial and there is not a slam dunk with the evidence, the prosecution is going to have a really hard time disputing this possibility. It's very coincidental that there were all kinds of issues with assault/sexual assualt in the 14th/Wertland area that night.

For the third or fourth time now, I was thinking about the distance between dreads apartment and the downtown mall.

I have stated I was in error, said I was sorry and pretty much said the same thing you just said. I even showed a map.

Its .13 miles from Tuels Jewelers and 1 minute by car, so probably closer to 3 or 4 minutes walk.

<modsnip>

:seeya::happydance: Thanks so much Bessie. Yes that did help me catch up-from someone who is just getting here.
You're very welcome, blondy. You might also want to check out the media thread. Lots of links, photos and videos are posted there. :seeya:

Just wanted to point out that they also issued a warrant for a phone, pretty sure that would be JLM's phone.

Tower dumps and results from his phone should be very enlightening. Especially if they show him doing anything after leaving the mall other than going to his apartment.

My question is...did LE find the clothes he was wearing in the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member