VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the previous thread: birdbox?

Question: Has anyone speculated that whoever was with her the moment she went missing could have taken her phone and sent that text the the last person she had been texting with in an attempt to throw them off? So, it would look like she was alone and lost...when in fact she was perhaps passed out in his car? I know, it is a stretch....

That text is so perplexing. If someone else typed the message in HG's phone, they knew immediately what their intentions were. I say this because the message was sent within minutes of HG's last known appearance. If the message was to throw her friends off, this plan was either made earlier in the night, or by someone who really thinks quick--because we're talking a time span of less than 1/2 hour, and she wasn't with anyone for that length of time according the the videos. If it wasn't HG who wrote that message, it was someone who made some plans in a hurry--and seems to have thought things out pretty quickly.

JMO It's possible that he does have an attorney and has talked to LE by now. He probably got an attorney yesterday after the presser, so we shall see. If he has an attorney he has probably clammed up per advice. If there is a presser today or tonight, we may be able to tell whether he has a lawyer or not...........hopefully, lol JMO

If you are a nursing assistant you can't really afford an atty until you are arrested and appointed a public defender. unless he's got family money or other income. CNA's make $8/hr at the low end.

http://www.wric.com/story/26539767/crews-continue-search-for-missing-uva-student

In the article I have linked, Charlottesville Police Captain Gary Pleasants seems to directly quote the text message. Unless he was paraphrasing and the reporter simply assumed he was directly quoting.

"She had been drinking quite a bit," said Charlottesville Police Captain Gary Pleasants. "She told him that she was leaving and going home. He asked if he could walk her home and she said no she was fine. He stayed and she left."

Police say for the next 45 minutes, Graham sent text messages to several friends.

"One text message said, 'I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland' which is the area she was in," detailed Pleasants. "It's in an area she's very familiar with."

Think I'm going to leave this discussion until he is arrested. Which will be soon, IMO.

It would be if it were a separate night from the night she went missing. Circumstantial evidence does not exist in isolation. I keep reading the argument that it is not a crime to have had a drink with HG (well, actually technically it is) or that this guy talking to her is not evidence that he killed her, or that he was just seen with her at 2 am and that is not evidence. Yes, all those things taken in isolation are only evidence of what they are - i.e. a man being seen with a woman. The thing that makes it evidence is that all this happened right before HG went missing. Had it happened three nights earlier, then I would agree it is *advertiser censored* evidence. But JL was ostensibly the last person HG was seen with, and she was drunk and it was 2 am, and after witnesses saw JL's car drive off, HG was never seen again, either in person or on camera.

Yes, those little events - having a drink with her, talking to her - are not evidence that JL did something to HG. What is evidence is that all that happened about 15 minutes before HG was never seen again. That is what makes it evidence, and that is why LE (the professionals here), zeroed in on JL.

you have to leave room for other things possibly happening between the bar and when she disappeared.
i mean, plenty of people were OBSESSED with WG when those videos came out. now he's considered a cooperative witness.
you can't be sure about anything. and something may seem really significant and it isn't.

i can't tell you HOW MANY cases i've seen where there was so much indication that something happened one way, that a certain person did it, and it wasn't the case. don't be sure about anything.

they haven't named him as a suspect yet, so i can't really assume what LE thinks. i think Longo was very careful to not give the impression that he is 'the one'; obviously they're looking into his stuff because from the footage they have seen, he's the last person to have been with her. when more footage is obtained, things may change.

And I got the opposite feeling from him. I felt like he was daring the media to name him. After watching I was left with he's their guy. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are a nursing assistant you can't really afford an atty until you are arrested and appointed a public defender. unless he's got family money or other income. CNA's make $8/hr at the low end.
Yeah, as a younger person, if I needed an attorney I wouldn't even know where to start.

Exactly...
I am so disheartened that people are even questioning LE's analysis...
Judging a person by superficial aspects as, " he couldn't do it, he's just a big Teddy Bear" in a situation when the chief of police has made it abundantly clear that he is a probable POI seems both naive and uniformed...
This person had the ability, the culpability and the means to commit a crime...he was the last one seen with her, he DID NOT COME FORWARD after she was reported missing....he is on LE's radar which was spelled out at the press conference...LE do not lightly address such matters...
personally, this is close to home...as our twenty year old was murdered by a co worker ( who happened to be a nurse assistant) after she trusted him because she knew him from work....and everyone thought he was such a " nice guy"...turns out he wasn't....he was evil to the extreme...but had everyone fooled by his exterior demeanour... Our darling girl was just 20....he was 38... ( look up Desmond Magiure for the case)
I am so distraught that people are giving this guy the benefit of the doubt just based on appearances...
IMO he could most certainly be MH's killer as well...
Serial killers don't walk around acting "evil"...it's often the opposite.....

In any case, prayers for Hannah's family, friends and all of us here at Webslouths who genuinely care....

This is what I don't get. If you have enough for a warrant, how do you not have enough to bring him in for questioning

He can always choose not to talk. They could bring him in to the station and maybe he did, but he doesn't have to talk. And would be free to go if not arrested.

oh man I go to work and miss so much stuff! bear with me because I am very behind, but is it true we have a name for the POI?

Being missing is evidence of a crime. You do not understand the difference between evidence and proof. A woman going missing after a walk is evidence that a crime has occurred. It is not proof that a crime has occurred, but it is evidence. It could be wrong. It could be wrong, but that does not mean that at the time it was not evidence that a crime may have occurred.

HG being missing for a week is evidence that a crime has occurred. It is not proof, of course, but it is evidence. If it were not evidence of a crime, then LE would not be searching cars and apartments and analyzing surveillance video. Clearly, LE involved in HG's disappearance believe there is evidence that a crime occurred.

Again, evidence and proof are not the same thing, and evidence can turn out to be wrong later, but when a woman goes missing under unusual circumstances, that is evidence that there has been some sort of criminal activity. It is not proof, and it is not infallible, but it is evidence.

Nope, that is definitely not evidence of a crime. People run away like this all the time. Not a crime.

From the previous thread: birdbox?

That text is so perplexing. If someone else typed the message in HG's phone, they knew immediately what their intentions were. I say this because the message was sent within minutes of HG's last known appearance. If the message was to throw her friends off, this plan was either made earlier in the night, or by someone who really thinks quick--because we're talking a time span of less than 1/2 hour, and she wasn't with anyone for that length of time according the the videos. If it wasn't HG who wrote that message, it was someone who made some plans in a hurry--and seems to have thought things out pretty quickly.

maybe she got a ride from DBG to 14th & wertner. I still think "lost" could mean she can't find the party. like, she knows where she is but can't find the address of the party. then the guy who's been assaulting everyone catches up with her. totally random. or the guy assaults her and then sends the text. why bother? if the cops think the text was "wrong" and it was text edit, what else would she have been writing? I'm almost at 14th and Wertner?

Yes he has blacked out all his pics.He knows everyone is watching him.Too bad for that.He knows there is a witch hunt going on.:tantrum:

He could have just made his profile friends only, deleted the profile, or deleted the profile picture. Why would he upload a black square? I don't think it has any meaning, other than he wants his privacy, but it sounds like he is the type to go from A to C to B, when he could just go from A to B.

This is what I don't get. If you have enough for a warrant, how do you not have enough to bring him in for questioning

Oh, I totally believe they brought him in for questioning! And he promptly said, "I'd like to speak to my lawyer." That would be speaking to him, but not interviewing him. ;)

Nope, that is definitely not evidence of a crime. People run away like this all the time. Not a crime.
Yeah. Evidence of a crime, and suspicious circumstances are different.

Exactly...
I am so disheartened that people are even questioning LE's analysis...
Judging a person by superficial aspects as, " he couldn't do it, he's just a big Teddy Bear" in a situation when the chief of police has made it abundantly clear that he is a probable POI seems both naive and uniformed...
This person had the ability, the culpability and the means to commit a crime...he was the last one seen with her, he DID NOT COME FORWARD after she was reported missing....he is on LE's radar which was spelled out at the press conference...LE do not lightly address such matters...
personally, this is close to home...as our twenty year old was murdered by a co worker ( who happened to be a nurse assistant) after she trusted him because she knew him from work....and everyone thought he was such a " nice guy"...turns out he wasn't....he was evil to the extreme...but had everyone fooled by his exterior demeanour... Our darling girl was just 20....he was 38... ( look up Desmond Magiure for the case)
I am so distraught that people are giving this guy the benefit of the doubt just based on appearances...
IMO he could most certainly be MH's killer as well...
Serial killers don't walk around acting "evil"...it's often the opposite.....

In any case, prayers for Hannah's family, friends and all of us here at Webslouths who genuinely care....

Ok, I'm guilty of the "Teddy Bear" comment. I retract that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998