VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
'cooperative witness for now' is not the same as 'right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness.' the former seems more casual to me.
My mistake...I meant to state "right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness" as per the article.

There is not even evidence of an abduction yet, much less a murder, at least not that has been released. We don't even know yet if she WAS in his car.

They do have his phone. It was one of the three warrants, car, apartment and phone. So if he had it on, hoping they can ping him through last weekend, hour by hour. If he had turned it off, just for the "hours in question" and had never done so before, that could turn into a piece of circumstantial evidence in a trial...but not the kind to charge him.

If he killed her or she died, but he had not planned it, he may not have been thinking clear enough to turn off his phone or remove the battery. If the phone was off or disabled...a little more suspicious, but again, not yet evidence. Phones lose charge all the time.

They need to first, find traces that she was in his car. Also his apartment. If neither pans out, and his pings are not useful, I have no idea how she might ever be found, if dead, other than by accident. Or how he can be charged.

Jmo

You answered the question I had about if LE had his car. His mother said he said she was not in his car, wished he would have said it since he can always say that's not what he said if forensics shows otherwise.

Exactly...
I am so disheartened that people are even questioning LE's analysis...
Judging a person by superficial aspects as, " he couldn't do it, he's just a big Teddy Bear" in a situation when the chief of police has made it abundantly clear that he is a probable POI seems both naive and uniformed...
This person had the ability, the culpability and the means to commit a crime...he was the last one seen with her, he DID NOT COME FORWARD after she was reported missing....he is on LE's radar which was spelled out at the press conference...LE do not lightly address such matters...
personally, this is close to home...as our twenty year old was murdered by a co worker ( who happened to be a nurse assistant) after she trusted him because she knew him from work....and everyone thought he was such a " nice guy"...turns out he wasn't....he was evil to the extreme...but had everyone fooled by his exterior demeanour... Our darling girl was just 20....he was 38... ( look up Desmond Magiure for the case)
I am so distraught that people are giving this guy the benefit of the doubt just based on appearances...
IMO he could most certainly be MH's killer as well...
Serial killers don't walk around acting "evil"...it's often the opposite.....

In any case, prayers for Hannah's family, friends and all of us here at Webslouths who genuinely care....

he's a POI, not a suspect.
i am not jumping to conclusions not because of some 'teddy bear' cr*p but because there is no specific, concrete evidence as of yet.

as i have said in other threads, when you are a black male there's a little more fear in coming forward due to so many black guys getting scapegoated and railroaded. don't jump to conclusions.

then you really haven't read about many crimes. many many innocent people get locked up for crimes they didn't do. a lot of these people didn't have lawyers/had really horrible ones.

I do agree, it is not always best to talk to the police without a lawyer present. I wouldn't anyone, not if I thought I was being suspected of a crime. jmo idk

People are forgetting things. The LE found something to get a warrant to search the car. Then they found something in the car that allowed them to get a warrant to search the house. They had to have a reason for those warrants to be allowed.

could just be that he was the last person seen with her.

This is what I don't get. If you have enough for a warrant, how do you not have enough to bring him in for questioning

Probably waiting for the forensic analysis of the search seizure items and even with a FBI or State lab rush may take some time!

Ive never seen that before on FB.

O/T but I have seen it a lot. Depression related though. From what I do I know a lot of sufferers and a lot of them often change their FB photo to just black to reflect their mood.

People are forgetting things. The LE found something to get a warrant to search the car. Then they found something in the car that allowed them to get a warrant to search the house. They had to have a reason for those warrants to be allowed.

They could have seen a partially hidden woman's shirt in his car. And there could be a legit reason for that.

Mind you, this is the last known person to have been with Hannah. I say good for them for getting the warrants, because it definitely needs to be investigated. It just doesn't scream "this is the absolute perp" to me just yet.

Question: When WG first came forward with his story, did they check his car for evidence, hair, DNA, etc? They said WG was cleared. What is the process for "clearing" someone. I do not really think WG did it, but just for fun, let's say he followed Dreds and HG for a while. Saw her get in Dred's car, saw Dred's drop her off...then WG grabs her. He sets up Dreds. This is an insane scenario, I know. Just wondering how exactly they "cleared" WG? Anyone??

No idea in reality -- I am behind on this forum, and prolly cannot catch up on reading every page...

Someone is usually cleared if he has an solid and verified by LE alibi ("I was working on a special project at work -- I worked for 36 hours straight. Please check with Mrs. Peacock who is my manager..." or "I was having a medical procedure done at XXXXX hospital and was there all day *advertiser censored* and that night and the next day..."), or fingerprints or DNA is not a match, etc.

Don't know what it might be with the individual you mentioned. I hope someone here can say.

And BTW,

Welcome to Websleuths, birdbox!! We're glad you're here!!

This is what I don't get. If you have enough for a warrant, how do you not have enough to bring him in for questioning
He probably said something like... either arrest me or I am leaving. You do not have to sit and be questioned, you can refuse/ask for a lawyer.

I disagree. I think evidence points to something being more likely than not. To me, when a young, drunk female goes missing at 2 am, then that to me is evidence that some criminal activity took place. You do not need blood or hair or anything. Just the fact that a woman is missing under those circumstances is evidence of a crime. It is not good, solid evidence, but it is still evidence.

Going missing is just a "result". Evidence is some sort of physical or visual proof that X, Y or Z occurred to cause the result. Sorry...but that is Science 101.

Ive never seen that before on FB.

You can upload any pic to your profile pic, but you have to have one. Go to google images and search for "black" and you'll see how easy it is to upload just "black" to your profile pic.

PRECISELY! Let's say she did leave on her own after the drink at the bar with dredlocks.... and then stumbles her way down and falls into the river to drown?
Or OWG was hanging around waiting to see if he might stumble upon nother vulnerable alone young woman. Right now, anything could have happened. But if JLM is just a good samaritan who gives girls a ride, on a regular basis, why didn't he give HG a ride home. And, why not tell LE anything she may have said or done that might indicate where she went next?

he's a POI, not a suspect.
i am not jumping to conclusions not because of some 'teddy bear' cr*p but because there is no specific, concrete evidence as of yet.

as i have said in other threads, when you are a black male there's a little more fear in coming forward due to so many black guys getting scapegoated and railroaded. don't jump to conclusions.

...there is more than likely a reason why concrete evidence hasn't been released yet

...time will tell...

"You gotta know when to hold them...etc"
IMO...this is NOT about race at all... This is about a human predator ...irregardless of colour...

As far as I can tell, POI did not admit anything. That article refers to the Daily Mail Article which quotes the Grandmother stating what the mother said. In other words, double hearsay -- non-admissible. LE has the car they know, or will know soon, if Hannah was in that car.

He probably said something like... either arrest me or I am leaving. You do not have to sit and be questioned, you can refuse/ask for a lawyer.

you simply ask "am I free to go"?. if they can't arrest you then you can go.

From the previous thread: birdbox?

That text is so perplexing. If someone else typed the message in HG's phone, they knew immediately what their intentions were. I say this because the message was sent within minutes of HG's last known appearance. If the message was to throw her friends off, this plan was either made earlier in the night, or by someone who really thinks quick--because we're talking a time span of less than 1/2 hour, and she wasn't with anyone for that length of time according the the videos. If it wasn't HG who wrote that message, it was someone who made some plans in a hurry--and seems to have thought things out pretty quickly.

It's highly possible that the details the media are telling about that last text message are wrong. Has Longo said anything on camera about that last text message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member