VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
His behavior simply does not IMO jibe with the good guy persona his friends and acquaintances are painting of him.

If he's innocent, a good Christian with a good heart, a teddy bear, I would think he would voluntarily go to LE who have stated they want to talk to him. With a lawyer, of course.

No one needs to repeat to me his possible fear of being railroaded. I get that. But I would think that this fear fear would be a lot weaker in someone known to all as a good guy.

Good people still don't appreciate being railroaded and have a self preservation instinct. It doesn't sound at all as if LE has been anything but aggressive.

I wonder why Chief Longo keeps saying that a lot of people knew JM's name before he even said it. It's almost if he's insinuating something but I can't put my finger on what the point of continuing to say that is. Was he suspected of something else in the past that would make people remember him? It's crazy too how without the dreads he does fit the description that was given out at first. Did they purposely give an older description of JM? If so why?
In the picture posted above he almost does look like MH's suspect. Any thoughts on any of this? Anyone?
I was curious as to whether Hannah knew JM, in which case she might have gone willingly to some other location? He didn't say though...

Could it be a clever way to buy time (one hour), divert attention, make it clear you're not going to talk without a lawyer, even if you don't have ready money to pay for one? Makes me think he might be in cahoots with one or more others -- at least at some level. Hmm

What is Longo going to do if they cannot find sufficient evidence? We have seen many cases that have been unsolved for years, where LE likely has a main suspect but not enough to arrest him or her. He says they hope they find evidence after they process what they found in his apartment and car...what if they don't? How long is he going to hold these odd and dramatic PC's for? I really hope Hannah is found and whoever is responsible is charged, but I do wonder what this case will be like a month, six months, or a year from now if it remains unsolved.

I really did not like him saying that he hopes they find evidence from JM's car/home. It is just not something LE should be saying, Imo. Defense attorney's dream? LE focused only on JM and even told the public that they hoped they could prove him guilty, before even charged? Super unprofessional, Imo.

It's a serious charge but it rarely sticks unless speeds top 95+. The caseload of the law firm I work for is 75% reckless. In the 3 years I've been there I've seen maybe one person go to jail for a day. Everyone else generally has had the charge dropped to an infraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. This is an accurate statement. Keep in mind as well that 90+ is a felony, so clearly he wants going more than 80+.

This may have been answered a thousand times already, but does anyone know whether LE questioned JLM at any time before showing up with the search warrant(s) for his car and his apartment?

If he has done other crimes, he knows DNA is on file.

Would he go to the PD knowing that?

If he did something to HG, would he go to PD?

I don't know how one could run and hide, but I sure would if I had done it and knew it was a matter of time before I was arrested and facing the DP.

DNA is not taken when people are arrested unless it is related to solving the crime like rape or murder.

Someone asked in the last thread why the FBI might be investigating ~ one of the crimes the FBI gets involved with is kidnapping. Even if she got in the car willingly, I would guess she was then taken somewhere against her will and/or was not free to leave...

I will say that the FBI usually only gives support...tech forensics, etc. I believe the FBI was tailing him because they believe he might be a serial killer who's crimes may cross state lines. MOO

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

What is Longo going to do if they cannot find sufficient evidence? We have seen many cases that have been unsolved for years, where LE likely has a main suspect but not enough to arrest him or her. He says they hope they find evidence after they process what they found in his apartment and car...what if they don't? How long is he going to hold these odd and dramatic PC's for? I really hope Hannah is found and whoever is responsible is charged, but I do wonder what this case will be like a month, six months, or a year from now if it remains unsolved.

There was a case solved in my area just a couple of weeks ago of a murder from 1971 - the cold case detective went through it with a fresh eye and found the perp...

You could be right, but I feel like if he had initially agreed to come in for an interview Longo would've told us that.

I didn't mean to imply he agreed to come in. Longo said (paraphrasing) that he just showed up. My impression is that Longo was surprised with that.

PrestonGrady.jpg

GradyMap.jpg

OldPreston.jpg Old Preston takes you to a "W Main St"

Now I think I finally understand why she may have been confused and was seen walking off camera and back on 2 minutes later over by Gradys Irish Pub

Look at all the Grady Avenue and Preston Avenues! Even down lower where the blue dots go down is considered a Grady Ave.

If she used a map program or her memory to take Grady or Preston somewhere, that would be awfully confusing, thus she walked off for a couple minutes, and then changed her mind about which way she should go.

I can also understand how confusing it would be to finally wind up somewhere where the street numbers are finally indicating that they are going up, and she is probably hoping to get to 14th street.

When she got to Main, the numbers were rising, but she was on EAST Main Street, not WEST Main Street.

You can see that little street called Old Preston Avenue, and it pops right out on a "W Main St," which abruptly turns into "E Main St" taking her the wrong way.

So possibly she turned the wrong way when she got to Main, she took it to E Main St.

If there was no sign to indicate that she hit 2nd NW, which then drops to 1st NW, (a big indicator that she was going the wrong way) perhaps she finally saw signage that the street numbers start to rise to 2nd St SE, 3rd St SE, etc. Perhaps she did not realize they said SE as opposed to NW.

She possibly began walking it with determination thinking the numbers were rising, and she would soon hit the University. :(

This may have been answered a thousand times already, but does anyone know whether LE questioned JLM at any time before showing up with the search warrant(s) for his car and his apartment?

I believe the answer is no.

Yeah. This is an accurate statement. Keep in mind as well that 90+ is a felony, so clearly he wants going more than 80+.

I've never seen a reckless charged as a felony. It's a class 1 misdemeanor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is if he's innocent then why won't he just talk to LE? He makes himself look guilty. If he's so innocent then he needs to prove it!

That's not how our system works, thank God.

Part of me wonders if there is an organised sex ring in the Charlottesville area. When you look at how many young girls have disappeared and either never been found or have wound up dead it makes me think. A couple of girls a year in that part of Virginia disappear, get brought into the sex ring, are used, killed and then dumped. Charlottesville being a college town provides these preditors with girls who are new to the area, who have just left home and are maybe engaging in activities that could leave them vulnerable (I'm in no way victim blaming - girls should be able to drink as much as they want without fear of sexual attack) and there are plenty of local girls to prey on too. It's just a theory. Nothing I can prove but I'm wondering if JM is a part of this kind of thing. Maybe RAT too.

It seems like everybody is forgetting that RAT offered to give up the location of Alexis's body in exchange for a reduced sentence. Blood, hair and torn fingernails belonging to Alexis were found in RAT's home. She wasn't sold into sex trafficking. She was murdered. JMO

If he has done other crimes, he knows DNA is on file.

Would he go to the PD knowing that?

If he did something to HG, would he go to PD?

I don't know how one could run and hide, but I sure would if I had done it and knew it was a matter of time before I was arrested and facing the DP.

I believe his DNA would only be on file for certain felonies.
Well, he went to the PD, but to tell you the truth, I'm not sure why. He didn't go there to tell them whatever he knows about HG. He went there, lawyered up, and left.
Maybe he's on your final scenario right now...who knows. His behavior, and this whole case for that matter, doesn't seem very "routine".

Whether or not the chief is going to railroad someone is as important as how JM perceives the situation and his surroundings while at the station. The point, I believe, is how JM perceives the chief and whether he feels he is being railroaded. That may be unfair to Longo, but it's very much about how LM perceives LE are treating him.

That's may be how JM is perceiving the situation only if he is innocent. If he's guilty or somehow involved, I'm sure he perceives it very differently... as in "oh man, they are on to me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd