VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not LE but I would think LE would cross JM off the list and continue with investigation. Could he sue? I'm not a lawyer but I would think he would have to show some damages and not sure how far he could go with that.

What happens if the forensics from the car and apt show that Hannah wasn't in either place? What do the police say then to Jesse, sorry about all this, have a good day? Just wondering what happens next.

[/B]

BBM You can't purchase beer, wine or liquor to take off premisis in Virginia after midnight (legally)

Thanks for clarifying Charlie Chan! Someone posted several threads ago that one could purchase beer to go but didn't mention it being illegal after midnight. I know when I bartended a few years ago in NC that we could sell unopened beer til 2 am closing as long as it wasn't opened on premise. Welcome to WS!!!

I am not asking this to be disrespectful of you but it is the obvious question:

MLE, you wouldn't want the last person to have been seen with Hannah, a well intoxicated 18 year old girl who has now gone missing and about whom her parents are worried sick and pray for her safe return, to be brought in - on outstanding warrants for reckless driving - so that LE can talk to him again?

Of course, I want JM to talk to the police, but it's his Constitutional right to remain silent. I don't want him brought in on unrelated, trumped-up charges.

I live about 2 hours from there and not in a seedy area so I hope you're not in my neighborhood. Please don't start carrying your gun around because of this. Statistics say that you are more likely to shoot me by mistake (or heaven forbid, start a new Trevor Martin scenario) than to have JM actually show up at your house. How come people who overestimate the chance of random crime...the people who get scared by what Fox news has to say, are the people who feel the need to carry a gun?

To make this relevant and not political, over-thinking this doesn't help. There's no conspiracy here, it's not sex-trafficking or an ISIS kidnapping (yeah, someone actually suggested this might be the case since her dad works near DC....he must be a spook!). Her scenario up to 1:20am happens thousands of times every weekend and almost all of them end with the kid waking up in their bed with a hang-over, laughing about how lost they were. The circumstances here are terribly unfortunate but pretty straight forward. Someone knows more than they are saying. That person is JM. He could be of help to LE but is choosing not to because of his rights. I guess every has the right to be a selfish a-hole.

I'm sorry I'm gonna go ahead and disagree about carrying a weapon. If your licensed to carry a concealed weapon and it makes you feel safe, then please do... It's your right.

What happens if the forensics from the car and apt show that Hannah wasn't in either place? What do the police say then to Jesse, sorry about all this, have a good day? Just wondering what happens next.

All they want to do is talk to him.
they never said he was suspect.

This man (if he had nothing at all to do with this) Can give LE some info on her state of mind why she was there possibly
and where he left her.
His evasiveness has made his situation worse.... Its his own doing no one elses.

Actually I think if LE thought he had nothing at all to do with this would leave him alone...
All JMO

did they ever decide if the sexual attacks that same weekend are in any way related? or are they investigating those crimes with HG in mind? maybe witnesses to those can connect the two

First time poster, long time reader. Just wanted to say that the list of car related offenses didn't jump out to me at all or indicate "disrespect for authority" as someone said. It looks pretty on par for someone living in a low income situation. You dont have the money to fix up or buy a nicer car. One it fails inspection you are faced with not being able to get to work (or get paid) or drive it anyway and the citations start piling on. After so many it becomes more of a problem but what are you going to do? Good jobs like his for people without college degrees aren't plentiful and newer cars aren't always an option. Just my two cents.

My hunch is that he isn't involved more than the sketchiness of buying her a drink. And I would imagine his family has told him to not speak out of distrust of the police. JMO.

They definitely have video of them leaving the restaurant together. A reporter asked this question at the PC yesterday as well as if they had footage of them getting in the car together and Mooney? (the other cop) answered. He said he wasn't going to talk about the vehicle at all but said they have footage of them leaving the restaurant together.

This honestly seems like the most plausible outcome at this point IMO.

The first time I read the theory that a young woman accidentally dies in the presence of a new friend, so he hides the body, was on the Natalie Holloway discussion. It was somehow kinder, or easier, to believe that it was an accidental death rather than an horrific violent end of life. Somehow, it made sense to some people that a normal, rational, decent person would hide the body of a stranger that suffered an accidental death rather than simply make a report, but it's not realistic. I don't think I've ever come across a case where a stranger would do that. In Natalie Holloway's case, we know from a second victim, that it was a brutal, violent death.

Maybe he left in a rage because he was stressed and perhaps just one person did not hold their tongue as he was leaving and made it personal. This may have what sparked him to be angry.

QUOTE: Okay so JM had court on 9/18 for "driving after being declared a habitual offender" - he was found guilty but given 90 days in jail with all 90 suspended........ if he was really a suspect in this case why didn't the judge give him at least 4 days in jail for Drive - H.O.??

Had not seen/read this...if this is truly his offense, and previous ones, would it not have affected his job? Or am I incorrect about his job being a medical transporter?

I really wish the high fiving women would be reading the internet and watching the videos, etc. and go to police and chat. I think there's a really good chance they are completely unaware they are on video, that they were in the vicinity when HG went missing, or even that a man who might be a friend/acquaintance of theirs is a POI. They might have no clue who HG is or that there is a missing girl.

Were there any officers hanging around the Mall area late at night this weekend, questioning people as to whether or not they had been there the previous weekend and might have seen anything?

This is a good point. It has also been mentioned here and there that the Mall was busier than usual because there was a big VA football game the next day, and also Albermarle High's 25th reunion, so there were likely lots of out of town people there. The people Longo is complaining about might not have come forward because they went back home and don't even know there's a missing girl, let alone that they might have been a witness. I wonder if they've thought of asking the alumni group and the visiting team's school if they could publicize the information to their members?

Re. JM's previous arrest record - has anyone figured out if it was JM who was arrested for indecent exposure, or was that his father?

Don't know which JM it was but wanted to point something out about the indecent exposure charges. Both of them seem to have a lot of charges related to drinking. The indecent exposure charge is probably from peeing in public. It is pretty common among men when they are drinking. I wouldn't read too much into that charge.

It's my opinion that is what has happened, it's my opinion that is why longo was as aggravated as he was yesterday, they have nothing on him.

According to the presser last night they have tape of them together after leaving Tempo

As I understand it, LE has tape of them leaving Tempo. Not tape of them AFTER that point. Could anyone clarify this?

QUOTE: Okay so JM had court on 9/18 for "driving after being declared a habitual offender" - he was found guilty but given 90 days in jail with all 90 suspended........ if he was really a suspect in this case why didn't the judge give him at least 4 days in jail for Drive - H.O.??

Had not seen/read this...if this is truly his offense, and previous ones, would it not have affected his job? Or am I incorrect about his job being a medical transporter?

Is this Dad's charge? The habitual offender statute isn't used anymore really. Like people who were declared habitual offenders can still be them, but there aren't new ones.

Hannah is all I have thought about since I logged off late last night, well the wee hours. I was lurking and reading on my phone. Hannah was the first thing I thought about when I woke up this mor... umm afternoon. I think it was about 5am when I got to sleep.

And still, I just can't get my head around it.
Is JLM incredible stupid or incredibly smart
I don't understand why he hasn't spoken to police and cleared his name if he has nothing to hide
Is he scared, of LE, or someone else?
Can't shake the feeling someone else is involved and possibly the real SK
Maybe JLM is the 'pick up guy'
Can't decide if I love Chief Longos passion or if I want to scream stop, reel it in

Just thoughts running round my foggy mind, most importantly... WHERE IS HANNAH?

The CPD knows exactly where JLM is hiding out. He may already be under arrest. Who knew before Longo told us that JLM had come into the police station 18 hours before the press conference and then taken off?

I listened again to a replay of the press conference yesterday. It's REALLY bizarre to hear what Longo says in the beginning considering what he's about to say about JLM coming into the station, driving off, arrest warrants, etc.

I really doubt that is the same guy , read the article

This is interesting. You can never rule out everything perhaps this person had something to do with her disappearance or maybe one of the other girls. You just never know. Sadly, we may not because he is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans