VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Discussion in 'Hannah Graham' started by bessie, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakerlady

bakerlady New Member

Sorry for quoting my own post but I just realized she would have been captured on the shell camera if she walked up preston going towards McGrady's and she wasn't seen then. She was only seen at the shell camera AFTER she left McGrady's. This tells me she must have taken some other winding obscure route in order to get to McGrady's.

2. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

Yeah I saw it

Also everything we know about the texts are probably false

A reporter asked "can you clarify if her last text was at 1:06 or 1:20" and the LE Jim said "not at this point cause we are still working on getting the phone records with the phone companies"

So I assume they don't know much about the texts

3. Just K

Just K New Member

One more time for those who missed it:
    These are the arrests/charges for Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr (including all the typos and misspellings of his name) that I found for City of Charlottesville (Circuit & General District Courts) and the same for Albemarle County.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-7&p=10987592#post10987592
    "...in Albemarle he had only 15 traffic offenses but he Charlottesville he had three serious charges. Two were nolle'd and one was appealed and went up to the circuit court.

GC09005874-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEORY; JR 04/22/2010 01:00 PM ASSAULT: (MISDEMEANOR)
    GC09005873-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEORY; JR. 04/22/2010 01:00 PM ATTEMPT - GRND LARCENY: $200+ NOT PERSON
    Both occurred on 6/4/2009 both were nolle'd
    Note the dyslexic typo on both those charges but it is him DOB 12/14

and this in 2010 which was appealed up to the circuit court on 4/30/2010
    GC10001889-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEROY; JR 04/22/2010 01:00 PM TRESPASS AFTER FORBIDDEN
    he was listed as living in Keswick, VA at time of incident 3/17/2010 (That's St Patty's Day, right?)
    at circuit court level:
    CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
    CR10000129-01 MATTHEW, JESSE LEROY; JR TRESPASS AFTER FORBIDDEN 08/12/2010 Trial - Judge With Witness
    The appeal was withdrawn in August 2010 he was found guilty and paid fines and fees.
    the rest of the charges in C-ville were 7 traffic offenses
    adding these two with the 12/14 DOB and typo of MatthewS
    GT04005868-00 MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY; JR 08/05/2004 12:00 AM FAIL TO OBEY TRAFFIC SIGNAL
    GT14000741-00 MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY; JR 02/06/2014 10:30 AM 39/25 SP"

4. Topcat

Topcat snooper

bbm.. my question is, How drunk can one be to continue to text coherently to friends through out this whole "episode"? Does this really bring into question her actions that night? I mean we see her walking and running all over the place, interacting with people etc. I remember back in the day getting blasted and not being able to function in any manner close to what HG shows on tape.

5. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

The good thing about this case is that the people involved in this stick out to people

-JM is a big guy

-His car is a *** and a rarer color

-What HG was wearing

6. cady

cady Well-Known Member

They may well have video of JM's orange car leaving and maybe they can see JM IN it, but while they suspect that HG was also in the car, they cannot SEE her in the video. That is why they are screaming for eyewitnesses who saw her get in the car. If Longo KNEW she was in the car he would not continue to say I "BELIEVE" she was in the car. End rant. JMO

7. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

Thank you, DavidC.

8. katiewonders

katiewonders Inactive

Well, IMO, the reporter was asking about video tape surveillance and that is what the officer answered to her question, so I believe there is video.

But, communication is a 2-way street so maybe the officer wasn't understanding what she asked or his reply can be ambiguous to someone.

So, can we all agree to table the question of whether they have video of them leaving Tempo together? It is clear LE is asking for witnesses to come forward and report anything they saw when the two left Tempo -- getting into the car, etc.
    Let's just go forward and not keep going back and forth on this point. MOO

9. leah

leah Member

I totally agree, I can also see a person like me get extremely nervous and start rattling off things to get me in more trouble, even though I never did anything wrong. Or you say something and it gets misunderstood, I would do what my lawyer tells me to do.

10. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

Police received over 900 tips over the last 4 days with well over 50-75 eye witnesses so of course they know so much more than they are telling. The press conferences are all strategic.

11. NCSleuth

NCSleuth Member

Anyone considered JM did cooperate with LE. He told them he had a couple drinks and they went their separate ways. Maybe that is the exactly truth! That's all he knows. Period. LE is not happy because they think he knows more, but he doesn't. He gets accused of not cooperating because he is not telling them what they want to hear. They have him charged, tried, and convicted, in their minds.

What would you guys to? If it were me and I had simply had a couple drinks with her (yes, probably trying to pick her up) and then we went our separate ways, then she turned up missing. First I would tell police exactly what happened. Then if they didn't believe me and blamed me for her disappearance, I wouldn't talk to them again. I would get myself a lawyer. Now its time to protect myself.

Alos, I would get very frustrated they were following me and might speed around trying to lose the tail.

Lots of people are saying if he is innocent he should cooperate with LE. I think he did. He told them what he knew. Problem is LE doesn't believe him.

12. Bill2013

Bill2013 New Member

So my original theory that she entered the page/10 th street neighborhood and walked around in that maze is probably correct. After an hour of being lost she emerged on Preston from 9th street NW and waked west to the pub.

13. I Must Break You

I Must Break You New Member

I kind of agree with this. I think she was purposefully going to the bar and mall looking for someone either to meet up with or confront for some reason. I think by the time she got to the mall she had given up and was just ready to call it a night or meet back up with her friends and someone, whether it be JM (most likely IMO) or another, took advantage of her situation and from there who knows. JMO

14. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I would bet that footage is of Hannah in the POI's car. I think that is what led LE to his car and subsequently, his home. I believe LE wants to hear from anyone who saw her get into the vehicle to find out if she got in by force, which would be the abduction site, or if she got in willingly and the criminal act(s) took place elsewhere.

15. SweetT

SweetT Well-Known Member

Well I know several people, myself included that have been arrested and then all charges dropped and NO I didnt get my money or anything back, thats not how it works..wish it did but it doesnt. No apology for me or my friends etc.

Wanted to add, almost lost my job over something I didnt even do.

16. Just K

Just K New Member

They are being even more quiet about the C-ville male resident that was found nearly beaten to death and reported at 1:40 AM on 9/13/2014 at 100 block of 13th St NW.
    http://nbc29.spotcrime.info/#334 10 1/2 Street Northwest, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA

17. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

I have been interrogated for 4 hours for something I honestly did not do and the police did not believe me. There whole case was for the most part speculation. They were trying to get a confession out of me but I was truly innocent and I could not convince them of it but I was never charged with anything. I started to shake an hour into it they were doing bad cop good cop. I did not have a lawyer and did not want one because I was truly innocent.

18. achilton1987

achilton1987 Member

Realizing she went the wrong way to the Mall and headed back. It is a 17 minute walk from McGradys @12:46 to Sals where she is seen on camera at 1:02. It looks like she went straight there with no stops.

19. random989898

random989898 Active Member

We know anecdotally that she knew McGrady's well as her ski team often went there. So once there she should have felt a feeling of starting to reorient herself (if she had been lost). She knew she was at a safe spot and could have asked the bouncer/doorman for directions. She didn't. I think the police know where she was between the time she left the apartments and when she arrived at McGradys. I think going there was intentional - not a chance happening after lost wandering for an hour. She doesn't act like someone relieved to have found a familiar landmark. IMO she was looking for someone. She looked on the patio then asked the bouncer if she could look inside (but was denied entrance). I also don't see her as stumbling drunk. Some of the McGrady video clips have been edited to make it look like she steps off the curb then back on the curb. That is spliced - she walks off the curb and is off camera for a couple minutes then returns. I am still undecided if her trip down the mall was intentional or if she became disoriented after leaving McGrady's.

20. MaedchenX

MaedchenX It's business time.

It seems likely to me that the sexual assaults are not related, and not related to Hannah. If they were, and police had reason to believe that the POI was involved, they would be negligent not to mention this to the public. It is possible, and in my opinion probable, that they have a description of the suspect(s) and that they are not relevant to this case.

This is just my opinion of course. Many of the assaults reported on campuses, or in student areas, are incidents of assault by acquaintances. It can be very difficult for authorities when these reports arise. When I was an undergraduate, our university had a slew of reports about assaults of young women walking alone leading to fears that there was a serial offender. What was unusual about this case is that at least two of the reports were later called into question (one had been a fabrication) and campus and local police ended up determining that these were not related incidents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.