VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Discussion in 'Hannah Graham' started by bessie, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

There are so many cases of persons caught on video and named a POI this is not the first time and wont be the last.
    Remember this one? He came forward and cleared.

EVANSDALE, Iowa —- A person of interest in the case of two missing girls turned himself in to authorities Wednesday night shortly after the FBI released surveillance photos of him to the public.

However, the individual was released after the interview and officials said he is not a suspect

http://qctimes.com/news/local/fbi-q...cle_b610791e-dc9b-11e1-ba1a-0019bb2963f4.html

2. Jmm124567

Jmm124567 New Member

How is crime around Cville? Is violent crime high?

3. GeneverJ

GeneverJ New Member

Precisely. I'm not sure what else can be done when the last known person to see a missing person wont cooperate. Irrespective of JM's guilt or innocence, it would surely not only compromise the search for Hannah not to name him but also a little remiss in, potentially, safeguarding the public. Other than bringing him in on the driving charge, what should they do? Let him go about his business anonymously and with tight lips?

4. sophiebelle

sophiebelle New Member

Well I hope there's answers soon. I can't imagine waking up every day and wondering where my daughter is. I didn't see the interviews on the news this morning. I had read last night that they were working out a plan for JM to come in. He didn't or they didn't agree on a deal? I wondered what happened and if any of that was discussed.

5. waltzingmatilda

waltzingmatilda Verified Insider-Roy Moore

Thanks for clarifying that Foxfire! I was trying to jot everything down during the interview. Does the simple fact that the VSP and FBI are involved mean anything? Like, maybe they DO know more than they are letting on?

6. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

following

7. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

The police know a lot more than we do. The only things we know are based on what they have released. They release only the information that helps their efforts...and rightly so.

8. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

http://spotcrime.com/va/charlottesville
    The Public's Crime Map. Helping create a safe neighborhood by reducing crime rates and improving home security in Charlottesville, VA .

9. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

And Steven Hatfill, the man that was accused in the anthrax case/s. I mentioned earlier about "person of interest" it was him that the phrase was used by ashcroft.

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Hoping that Hannah will be found very soon, her school classmates must be feeling jittery and worried. Cannot bear to think of her parent's despair...
    So JM will not talk to LE?

"Shaking and with a faltering voice her parents John and Sue Graham held hands as they walked in front of the news cameras for the first time since their daughter disappearance over a week ago. Tears could be seen running down the Mrs Graham's face.

Speaking in a British accent Mr Graham said: ‘As this nightmare for Hannah, for us, for Hannah’s big brother James, her grandparents and extended family continues we would like to make this statement.
    ‘Hannah is our little girl, our only daughter, James’s little sister. She is also the oldest granddaughter of her grandparents. She is enormously precious to us.'

Mr Graham then went on to ask anyone with information on Hannah's disappearance to call police, no matter how small the detail"
    bbm
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ursing-assistant-seen-with.html#ixzz3E2yxn7bL
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

11. bakerlady

bakerlady New Member

That certainly would make more sense than searching a densely populated college town....

I always thought the search efforts would have been more useful OUTSIDE of Charlottesville as common sense would dictate that you don't hide a body where there are thousands of people, but rather in a place where there are few to no people.

JMO.

12. Samantharock

Samantharock Just Smile

Agreed .. despite his portrayal by friends and family, the signs point to him more so than anyone else.. But im sure they are exploring all other options and leads as well.. Chief Longo said himself, he doesnt want to get Tunnel Vision in this case

13. waltzingmatilda

waltzingmatilda Verified Insider-Roy Moore

Bumping up this post on page 2 from Perplexed 123. Does anyone know if these cameras record or snap a still pic of vehicles?

14. Topcat

Topcat snooper

Didn't JM tell LE that they had a couple of drinks then went their separate ways? It seems to me that's not what Longo wanted to hear so he's,imo, putting public pressure on Matthews. Now before anybody jumps on my case ,we don't know what other info Longo has that might disprove what Matthews had told him.
    This also came to mind , is it possible that by making Matthews a POI ,all the focus will be on him and the public(esp UVA students) are being put at ease that an unknown predator is not on the loose?

15. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

JM did talk to police when they were at his apartment and when they seized his car. Which is why he got a lawyer when he went down to the station. An expert, the attorney he spoke with, has almost certainly told him to keep mum. That it's the best thing he could do for himself. Whatever he told them at initial interview was not enough to get him nabbed, but enough to get the police interest up about him. But if anyone did see Hannah after JM's encounter with her, after seeing what happened here, that person just might decide it's not in his best interest to speak up. Clearly there is a lot to lose here. I've heard murmurs in the Lauren Spierer case of people saying that they would not have said squat if they had caught sight of her after she left the last traced place she was, after seeing what happened to those who LE could identify as the last person. There is a delicate balancing act in dealing with these things. I sure as heck hope that Longo has some heavy duty stuff on JM. If JM is clearly not the perp, this is really too much, too soon, and hurt getting other info. All the teddy bears and parents heartaches and pleas are not going to have someone risk getting treated like JM, if that someone was driving a long a deserted road and happened to see someone who fit HG's description walking down the road side, maybe, sort of. If it should turn out to be HG, and you are than the last one to see her, no alibi, no anything, all of this just has caught your attention and jogged your memory, a person might think twice and decide not to get involved at all. So I hope JM is the perp. Otherwise, this is inexcusable to do to someone innocent and exercising his rights under the law. There had better be some good proof.

16. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

17. MaedchenX

MaedchenX It's business time.

In another recent case when the public has run with imagery made available is that of the Boston bombing when a young athlete and his coach were called out in images circling on the web. While the speculation began in online forums it made it to the front page of national newspapers. In that same case a missing person, who I believe had committed suicide, was also falsely suggested as a person of interest (though not by the authorities if I recall).

18. Snoods

Snoods Flounciest Faux Former Member

Is this new information that JM was followed to a residence and chased?

http://http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/21/police-chief-hannah-graham-disappearance-%E2%80%98we-want-talk-jesse-matthew

19. Suthrnqt

Suthrnqt Verified Luddite

Subscribing...;)

20. Madison418

Madison418 Overachiever at over-analyzing

Right, I was thinking maybe they have solid evidence that he is guilty but they're hoping he will do something that will lead them to Hannah or sadly Hannah's body so they aren't arresting him yet...for that anyway. I think they can get DNA from him now that he has been arrested. At least, my father a former police officer said they can now get DNA from him since he's been arrested, not sure if that is accurate or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.