VA VA - Harold ‘J.R.’ Molohon, 62, Norfolk, 3 August 2015

thordis

Reaction score
"Police are continuing to look for a 62-year-old man who went missing Aug. 3 and hasn’t been seen since."

"Harold ‘J.R.’ Molohon was last seen Monday morning near his home on W. Leicester Avenue in the Pamlico neighborhood. On Wednesday, police found his black pickup truck on the beach in Corolla, N.C."

"His sandy surfboard was found in the bed of the pickup on the beach. Mrs. Molohon said her husband hadn’t used the surfboard in more than five years."

He lives in Norfolk, VA, about 2 hours drive from Corolla.

http://wavy.com/2015/08/07/police-investigating-norfolk-mans-disappearance/

I found that article a little strange. Why would his wife tell the neighbor not to say anymore to her and wait for the investigator? Did I read that correctly?

Also the last article posted said he was an avid surfer, yet the original article states he hadn't surfed in 5 years.

I hope he just took off for a while (upcoming birthday...as we get older they can be a depressing time instead of a celebration) and will come home safe and sound. Or at least let his family know he's ok.

Fire fighters and LE have very unique jobs that don't always transition well into retirement. I wonder if he suspected or knew his health was rapidly deteriorating or just was not happy in retirement?

251-Molohon.jpg

http://texasequusearch.org/2015/08/missing-harold-j-r-molohon-norfolk-virginia-8315/
62 year-old Harold “J.R.” Molohon, a retired firefighter and surfing enthusiast was last seen in Norfolk, Virginia on Monday morning – August 3rd 2015. J.R.’s unoccupied pick-up truck was observed at the beach in Corolla, North Carolina later that day. J.R.’s surfboard was in the bed of his pick-up truck. The name “NOAH” is tattooed on J.R.’s shoulder, and he takes medication for a physical ailment. It is unknown what color, style or type of clothing, or swimwear that J.R. was wearing. If you have seen Harold J.R. Molohon since his disappearance, if you know of his current whereabouts or if you have any information concerning his disappearance; please contact the Norfolk, Virginia Police Department at (757) 441-5610 or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

I found that article a little strange. Why would his wife tell the neighbor not to say anymore to her and wait for the investigator? Did I read that correctly?

Also the last article posted said he was an avid surfer, yet the original article states he hadn't surfed in 5 years.

I hope he just took off for a while (upcoming birthday...as we get older they can be a depressing time instead of a celebration) and will come home safe and sound. Or at least let his family know he's ok.

I took it that she wanted LE to speak to the neighbor directly and not have the neighbor tell the wife and then she tells the police. Maybe she thought LE may have questions about the information that the wife wouldn't think of.

I sure hope he's found safe.

http://lostnmissing.org/missing/haroldmolohon/

Missing:*Harold Molohon

(Note:*Vehicle recovered in Corolla, NC)

Age at time: 62 yrs old

Height: (approx.) 5’8″

Weight: (approx.) 170 lbs

Hair: Blond-Sandy

Style: Short; spiked

Facial:*Mustache

Eyes:*Blue

Tattoos:*Left arm*“NOHA”

So which is correct concerning the tattoo...NOAH or NOHA?

Bumping for Mr. Nicholson. Nothing new in the media I could find today.

Please share his flier.... our family member has not made it home... 4 weeks monday

Yeah, I thought it remote too. But I have no earthly clue how currents run, so....

Seems to be the right age though:

The body of a 63-year-old man was found in the surf after possibly drowning on Crystal Beach Friday afternoon, authorities said.
The Galveston County Sheriff’s Office recovered the body from knee-deep water around 5 p.m. on Friday. An investigation into the death is ongoing pending autopsy results, authorities said. Officials have identified the man but are not yet releasing the name.

http://www.galvnews.com/news/article_6c435664-48f2-11e5-bb0c-67cfa1f6e281.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back