Match! VA - Haymarket, WhtFem 468UFVA, 13-21, Feb'82 *Cynthia Gastelle*

Yay to Zinc!!! Carl, I just assisted and sent the email to LE, but am happy they gave this UID her name back, and glad this family finally has some closure. Now they need to find out who did this to her.

For the time being, I am switching the flag back from "Match" to "Identified". I'm not sure if she was on their radar prior to my voicemail to Takoma PD, or chaddy's e-mail.

Great job on the match zinc!

Carl, there is nothing indicating this was on anyone's radar prior to the submission. Imo, it should be changed back to match!

Great job on the match zinc!

Carl, there is nothing indicating this was on anyone's radar prior to the submission. Imo, it should be changed back to match!

Done. If someone wants to challenge it, I suppose that they can let us know.

For the record, on February 9, 2011, DoeNetwork was the first MP site to add Cynthia's casefile. Zinc spotted the match the same day, and I left a voicemail with Takoma PD the following morning (February 10, 2011).

Way to go!!! I get chills every time I read about a match our sleuthers have worked hard on!

:yourock:

1557365.gif

www.photobucket.com

You are all AMAZING!

Wonder why they never closed the UID's link or say IDENTIFIED on it? Maybe Paul Yoakam doesn't have access to the UID's page...

Way to GO Guys! You make us all so proud of the work you do!

:yourock: Big Time!!!!

Salem

I am sitting here in my comfy recliner - and saw this thread. And now I have tears in my eyes - of gratitude to you guys for sending this girl home to her family.

I will never solve a case - being more of a WS tourist and commentator - I so admire you all and your determination to give these missings a name, and a story and a reunion of sorts with the ones they left behind.

Thank you.

I hope someday that my two 'pet' missings (below) are someday afforded the same resolution. Please God - let them come home.

Excuse me Zinc, if I am stepping on your toes, but I left a voicemail message for the Takoma PD Detective to ask whether the comparison was made. When he returns the call, I'll also ask whether CJG is in CODIS.

I've sent an email to the contacts listed for the UID. Keeping my fingers crossed to at least get a reply back... -

Thank you, Carl and chaddylex. I am profoundly grateful that you two stepped up and made contact with investigators. I doubt we'll ever find out whether it was in fact Carl's initial phone call almost a year and a half ago that led them to finally collect Cynthia Joan Gastelle's family's DNA after 30 years, but I can't say I care much at the moment.

As an aside, I have some minor disabilities that make it a little difficult for me to recognize or remember faces, and I don't usually see the resemblances you all seem to, especially in uncanny valley reconstructions. Because of this, for the last few years I have done all of my UID/MP searching with images blocked. Today I have unblocked them so I can see Cynthia Joan Gastelle's face for the first time and remind myself that this is something sacred, not just a game of human Concentration. I am not generally an emotional person, but at the moment my heart hurts.

Great work, zinc, chaddy, Carl!

CGastelle1.jpg
CGastelle2.jpg

468UFVA.jpg
468UFVA1.jpg
468UFVA2.jpg
468UFVA3.jpg

This has been one of my pet cases for the last few years. I had the UID's profile flagged in NamUs so each time there was a change or an exclusion added, I received an email.

Many of my friends and facebook friends know that I am an advocate for the missing and the unidentified. I let them know that another match was made thanks to all the people that work together here at Websleuths (along of course with DNA)

We are very appreciated from a lot of people.... I just thought I should let you all know.

Amazing, amazing job, Zinc! Thank you, Carl & Chaddy, as well. Cynthia finally has her name back after 32 years, thanks to you.

Great job! :rocker:May justice now be served for Cynthia! There are more matches out there, let's go find them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back